Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
i hope wrestlers are getting as much free food as possible from this mark. Eat a free lobster dinner and throw their lovely t-shirt or jacket into the garbage on the way out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/ValVenisEnt/status/1239938605428043777

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Shocked to see Val Venis having absolutely moronic opinions once again

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Val basically wakes up and every morning asks himself "how can I be an even bigger dipshit than yesterday?"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

everyone on the planet is caught between hoping he's right and hoping he isn't proven right

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Top response:

https://twitter.com/jeremy757jones/status/1239979221251915776

lol

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

You know ladies, the big valboski is a lot like the Coronavirus. It leaves you hot, out of breath and it’s deadly to the elderly (spins off towel)

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

oldpainless posted:

You know ladies, the big valboski is a lot like the Coronavirus. It leaves you hot, out of breath and it’s deadly to the elderly (spins off towel)

Don't forget about the diarrhea, King!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1240097239076417536?s=19

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Kurtz deleted that one pretty fast.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

It's still there, you just have to click the original tweet and scroll down to it.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Vandar posted:

It's still there, you just have to click the original tweet and scroll down to it.

I'm seeing it as unavailable now.

How do you people find these guys anyway?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Vandar posted:

I tried really hard to scroll down but

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

twitter is badly hosed up. Somebody said you are blocked if that happens to you but that's not the case.

https://twitter.com/steve_carrier/status/1240092454193373189

click through this, then 'view more replies' if necessary then scroll

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Or you can look at this screenshot

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

screenshots are not real.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

if the original tweet is true PWInsider is dumber than Mike

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

jesus WEP posted:

everyone on the planet is caught between hoping he's right and hoping he isn't proven right

As I saw one doctor say "the best case scenario is if we do it right then everyone will think we overreacted when its over, you only really know people didn't do enough when it goes real bad."

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i think we can all agree the best case scenario is that not too many people die from covid but that val venis and other deniers are among them

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

As I saw one doctor say "the best case scenario is if we do it right then everyone will think we overreacted when its over, you only really know people didn't do enough when it goes real bad."

I read an epidemiologist theorising that the virus will die down in the summer and re-emerge in the winter. I guess a possible problem is that if the measures taken this time round successfully contain it, you'll get some fools going "there was all this fuss last year and nothing happened"

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

if the measures taken this time round successfully contain it, you'll get some fools going "there was all this fuss last year and nothing happened"

this is not a possibility. This is exactly what will happen. Capitalism sucks

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I read an epidemiologist theorising that the virus will die down in the summer and re-emerge in the winter. I guess a possible problem is that if the measures taken this time round successfully contain it, you'll get some fools going "there was all this fuss last year and nothing happened"

That's a possibility but like that's where you get into people figuring out cures, vaccines, or just widespread testing practicies so at the very least cases could be identified quickly and spread minimized.

I mean, I'm not epidemiologist so I have no qualifications to speak on this. I don't know how bad it will or won't get or what long term plans involve but the best case is that people end up looking back and whining that "nothing happened." But we live in a society that has mump resurgences because some people refuse to take the vaccines, so like... who knows?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

There's an entire group of tech workers who get really angry whenever people say Y2K was a huge pile of nothing because they did a shitload of work to make sure there wouldn't be problems.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I read an epidemiologist theorising that the virus will die down in the summer and re-emerge in the winter.
Like the flu? We're gonna have a second flu if people don't take care of this now?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

we are going to have recurring mini-pandemics until they develop and distribute a vaccine https://www.technologyreview.com/s/...3oJSHgXkGnZ-pAo

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

yikes. This will work in principle, but it can only catalyse the whole global fascism problem.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/consciousgary/status/1240361593004855298

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm guessing the answer is no based on the fact the tweet was posted in this thread, but is that dude.... anyone?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I'm guessing the answer is no based on the fact the tweet was posted in this thread, but is that dude.... anyone?

BBC reporter who was posted in here a few days ago for saying his biggest hope for the covid19 pandemic period is that people would stop being so mean to WWE.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bootlicker licks boot:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MJeff posted:

Bootlicker licks boot:

I do agree that it was probably a bad idea to have JR, Tully and Jake in there

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

At this point Jake Roberts will outlive us all. So he's probably fine. JR and Tully are both are 90 proof naturally so a few drinks and they'll be fine. Wrestlers are very clean people.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I Before E posted:

I do agree that it was probably a bad idea to have JR, Tully and Jake in there

It would have been totally understandable to give JR the night off since they had three people that would've been fine. Jake could've done a video or something, and Tully didn't serve any purpose. Take out the people that were at higher risk, at least.

Them talking about Kris wrestling with the flu at Revolution is also not a real smart tac, in hindsight.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't really think AEW should have done the show but I also don't think WWE was being more responsible by having 4 people splash around in beer spit to get a middle aged abuser podcaster his spots. I think they both acted irresponsibly but WWE somehow managed to do the irresponsible thing and still contort it enough to try and pat themselves on the back for being responsible to justify poor barely trying shows.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Realtalk I don't think Tully has anywhere else to be. JR too, now that I think about it.

coconono fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Mar 19, 2020

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Tully at least was pretty far back from the other heels and didn't do much direct contact, JR being right in the middle of the commentary guys is the bigger worry for me.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
given old people in general i'd bet money on jr and the rest insisting on being there

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Khan said flat-out "you can stay home if you want, nobody will lose their spot." so you can probably rest assured everybody who was there wanted to be there.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

On some level a lot of wrestlers are going to take that as a challenge to their integrity. Because they are tuff. I guess that's not Tony's fault but I wouldn't be surprised if he thought the same as me because we're both extremely knowledgable and we have billions of dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Mike Kurtz might not be long for this thread.

A simple little dig at Lars:
https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1238262032853536771

And allowing himself to actively enjoy AEW:
https://twitter.com/mkurtz91/status/1240462378237558791

But let's give it another 6 hours and see if he tweets something insane before jumping to any conclusions.