Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Gangtag Cut-off Warning :siren:

You have 36 hours from time of this post to request this fantabulous gangtag

After that you need to buy it yourself.

Remember to say 'please' when doing so, or imma probe you.

Would like this gangtang, please and thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Drone posted:

So is there anything stopping me from changing my Switch's region to Australia and playing right the gently caress now

Or did the purchase have to be done from within the Australian eShop in order for it to unlock in the Australian release TZ?

I just tried it and it doesn't work, I think because it checks the eshop before you can play a game (and you can't really VPN a Switch unless you do some voodoo jailbreaking poo poo that I do not understand).

edit: vvvv this guy knows why

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Mar 19, 2020

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Kaethela posted:

Someone please confirm if this works because I need my fix man

It won't, unless you buy it from the Australian eShop.

Your purchases are tied into the region you bought them from.

A Spider Covets posted:

I just tried it and it doesn't work, I think because it checks the eshop before you can play a game (and you can't really VPN a Switch unless you do some voodoo jailbreaking poo poo that I do not understand).

It's easy to change your region, but if you bought a version of the game from a different region's eShop that's the one it phones home to unlock.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Requesting gang tag. Please and TIA.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

how good are these games without internet? i mostly use my switch on the go, and this seems like a good as hell chill game i can play when on the road

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

So what does the "what's the one thing you would bring with you the island" question Timmy and Tommy ask you determine

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The two villagers I really want are Cherry (cool goth dog) and Punchy (was in my first ever town in 20 loving 02).

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

queeb posted:

how good are these games without internet? i mostly use my switch on the go, and this seems like a good as hell chill game i can play when on the road

It's about as important as a link cable was in earlier Pokemon games.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Gimme the coon goons...

Wait

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

God I’m so tempted to restart until I get Cherry, but what if I do and she’s on an island with pears. :ohdear:

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

you people gotta go with the flow and just take whatever garbage neighbors show up, just like real life

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

robot roll call posted:

you people gotta go with the flow and just take whatever garbage neighbors show up, just like real life

:yeah:

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

I’m loving it so far, would love one of those fly gang tags please. The campfire is so great, I kind of don’t want to build a town.

Edit: added myself to the database

chaosbreather fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Mar 19, 2020

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Infinitum posted:

I still have no idea if I'm gonna like this game or not

but i'm tempted enough that I've ordered and preloaded for tonight, so can I please get that tag added to my ever-growing list :shobon:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I really hope my airport isn't yellow, that's the one thing that could force me to reroll

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Infinitum posted:

I’d like this to be my first tag, please and thank you

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
What are the airport colors? It sounds like it can't be changed later.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Zuzie posted:

Are people actually going to start playing at midnight?

I'll probably start in the morning.

Midnight EST is 8pm for me in Alaska, so I am absolutely going to start playing.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Mizuti posted:

What are the airport colors? It sounds like it can't be changed later.

Blue, Red, Yellow and Green

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

robot roll call posted:

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

I can hear that wind wooosh sound when he sighs...

I'm so glad they never took out the iconic emotion/expression noises. I think my favorites are the laughing sfx and the "I'm being sly" weird electronic sound.

phourniner fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Mar 19, 2020

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I am going to take whatever villagers it gives me as that's the best way to make new favorites!

Except for Julian. I have my bootleg amiibo keychain with him, ready to invite my favorite sparkle unicorn. I bet his space wallpaper is going to look really cool.

Complete_Cynic
Jan 18, 2013

Requesting the gang tag to balance out the Reborn one, please! Considered asking earlier but I didn't want the cursed 300th one.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Infinitum posted:

I wasn't going to buy AC at release but this pandemic changed plans.

May I please be forgiven and welcomed into the racoon goons?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I've made a promise to myself not to restart my island, the only fruit I don't want is apple, just because my NL town had em, but I'll take any townsfolk this time. In these trying times, my island is open to all.

cats
May 11, 2009
I'm cool with whatever villagers I get.

But Chops better not show his smug ugly face in my town again.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Oh my goodness I am so excited. :dance: I’m basically on lockdown by doctor’s orders for the next.... while, basically, so it’ll be good to have a nice little calming game to distract myself with. I hope I get peaches.

Also I would like the gang tag please!

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
With all this talk about what villagers everyone wants, it makes me wonder... is it possible to remove/add villagers? I remember seeing something about people trading villagers for bells in the past? What's the deal with all this villager talk?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

I would please like to join the Raccoon Goons when the chance arises. :3:

...still internally debating the merits of starting a week “early” in time to be able to play an extra day each day, but will probably be taking the slow and steady day by day approach for maximum Zen vibes.

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010

Macintosh HD posted:

With all this talk about what villagers everyone wants, it makes me wonder... is it possible to remove/add villagers? I remember seeing something about people trading villagers for bells in the past? What's the deal with all this villager talk?

In new leaf at least villagers would offer to move to a friend's village if they came to yours and spoke to them 7 days in a row or something like that. I assume that's what the black market is based on.

StormOfDarkness
Oct 16, 2012

We know how to sing but we don't know how to handle money or women. Do-wap. do do wop.

Infinitum posted:

I would love the gangtag please :)

dihaploidy
Oct 31, 2010

Buglord
I avoided almost all information and trailers for this leading up to launch. Just finished playing through the intro before bed, and all I can think is it's just so pretty! There's so much more detail compared to what I remember of New Leaf, even just the animation for the wind rustling through the tree leaves had me stopping to watch for a bit. A bit sad that Isabelle has been nowhere to be seen at this very early stage, but she'll surely pop up soon right? :ohdear:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

isabelle is explicitly involved as a major npc, you just have to progress a little bit enough for her function to be relevant, iirc

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

everyone who has the game early should go to jail

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

9 hours till midnight

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

:hmmyes:

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I've had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

Do we know what all the Amiibos do yet? What happens with ones for special characters like KK Slider?

Infinitum posted:

Also please may I have the gang tag please?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

kidcoelacanth posted:

Truer words were never spoken

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

What are y'alls deal breakers that will make you reset? Island design aside as that's unpredictable.

Villagers I'm fine with any.

Fruit I'm fine with any except Pears. I don't want pears.

Airport any color is fine except yellow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Because of work I literally won't be able to play this game until at least 4 or 5 pm tomorrow. Everything is terrible