Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

I'm surprised they still haven't made lands where you have to reveal on-color card types from your hand or have them in play for them to enter untapped. but it's probably just a matter of time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The River of Tears cycle isn’t bad, if you can’t handle remembering whether or not you played a land this turn then you aren’t ready for tournament magic anyways, and Arena players won’t ever have an opportunity to make that mistake.

Nimbus Maze literally doesn’t fix your mana unless you already have fixed mana, it’s bad.

I have a feeling we’ll get good ol’ painlands. Those cards are good without being broken, not generally tutorable, and they’ve been printed enough that they are DIRT CHEAP and of Core Set 2020 is Teferi themed than it would make sense to have Vayimaya Coast and Shivan Reef etc.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Is brushwagg the tumbleweed or the critter inside?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

The BU one is begging for memory issues and the UW one is really bad. The rg one is the actually playable one of the three but aggro needs an untapped land and giving your opponent free life ain't it.

Imagine the uproar of the u/w version of Grove of burnwillows is in a standard where three new teferis have been printed

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I hope it's painlands so I can break out some foglio Sulfurous Springs.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
more like fuglyo, amirite?

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it
but enough about wotc's current art direction

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Bust Rodd posted:

The River of Tears cycle isn’t bad, if you can’t handle remembering whether or not you played a land this turn then you aren’t ready for tournament magic anyways, and Arena players won’t ever have an opportunity to make that mistake.

Does “two explores” mean anything to you?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
We still have two relatively recent cycles that need to be completed: Tango lands and Bicycle lands. And one of them is even typed.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Rinkles posted:

more like fuglyo, amirite?

You aren't.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

10 years ago is ROE and scars block

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

i actually think his sulfurous springs are great

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Bust Rodd posted:

It's more that you'll have to remember what every pair does. River is easy because it's blue on your opponent's turn since that's when you want to cast instants, but that means the UW will be blue on YOUR turn or the cycle isn't symmetrical. And what colour will RG give you? People will gently caress that up, guaranteed.

Unless the cycle is just 4 Ux lands that always give you blue on the your opponent's turn.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I wonder if you could do a Crumbling Vestige-style cycle. Add C, ETB tapped, when it enters the battlefield add D.

Probably a little too weak though.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

They might do a 'khans or dragons' style cycle where you choose which colour it is when it enters the battlefield. Like fetchlands without the shuffling and the thing that makes then good

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Tricycle lands.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Tainen posted:

Tricycle lands.

Do they have basic types like the bicycle lands?

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Yes from what I’ve been told. Typed with cycle 3.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LMAO searchable perfect tri-color lands that always CiPT still seems way, way, way too good to be true.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
This would really add more evidence for why fetchlands had to be banned in Pioneer.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

LMAO searchable perfect tri-color lands that always CiPT still seems way, way, way too good to be true.

I think it means it's a Plains with Cycling 3 instead of a non-basic that produces W and cycles for 2.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Jabor posted:

I wonder if you could do a Crumbling Vestige-style cycle. Add C, ETB tapped, when it enters the battlefield add D.

Probably a little too weak though.

Why not add D or E instead

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

LifeLynx posted:

I think it means it's a Plains with Cycling 3 instead of a non-basic that produces W and cycles for 2.

cipt typed monocolor nonbasics that cycle is not something The People have been clamoring for for ten years

not saying this isn't it, but hoo boy, if that's what WOTC thinks is gonna get people's motors running

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Mox Hombre posted:

I'm surprised they still haven't made lands where you have to reveal on-color card types from your hand or have them in play for them to enter untapped. but it's probably just a matter of time

They pretty much did in Lorwyn block.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

10 years ago is ROE and scars block

yeah it's gonna be enemy tangos edit wait no poo poo what are those called again

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
WotC is confused because one of the ABUR duals is named Badlands, so they keep printing bad lands and think that's what people want.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
Didn't the Mystery Booster experimental cards have a Boros land that tapped itself if you didn't use it before your attack step? I thought that was pretty clever

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Irony Be My Shield posted:

They might do a 'khans or dragons' style cycle where you choose which colour it is when it enters the battlefield. Like fetchlands without the shuffling and the thing that makes then good

This but with dfcs you can play either side up.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Star Man posted:

They pretty much did in Lorwyn block.

oh yeah right, i'm dumb, i even have the goblin and merfolk lands. an UR land that comes into play untapped if you reveal a blue instant or sorcery from your hand? too strong or unplayable?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Mox Hombre posted:

oh yeah right, i'm dumb, i even have the goblin and merfolk lands. an UR land that comes into play untapped if you reveal a blue instant or sorcery from your hand? too strong or unplayable?

why only blue

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

Mike N Eich posted:

Didn't the Mystery Booster experimental cards have a Boros land that tapped itself if you didn't use it before your attack step? I thought that was pretty clever

Yep it did. I also thought that was a cool design space.

Alternatively: U/W land that enters tapped, does not untap during untap step, untaps during end step.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
They should do a Murmuring Bosk cycle. Hell they could easily get four cycles out of that: basic with painland for one ally and one enemy, basic with other ally and other enemy, basic with both allies, basic with both enemies.

Hire me wotc.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Yawgmoth posted:

They should do a Murmuring Bosk cycle. Hell they could easily get four cycles out of that: basic with painland for one ally and one enemy, basic with other ally and other enemy, basic with both allies, basic with both enemies.

Hire me wotc.

Couldn't you make 6 cycles out of that?

Like if you have Red as the base colour for each land, you could have the pain pairs be UG, UW, UB, GW, GB, WB. Could you do that for each cycle? I haven't done the math.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

why only blue

yeah, revealing one of the two colors that match the land makes more sense.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

This is cool and I like it.

Yawgmoth posted:

Hire me wotc.

This is also cool and I also like it.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

New secret lair: every possible variant of Murmuring Bosk

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Impossible due to memory issues imo

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Skyl3lazer posted:

Impossible due to memory issues imo

Could solve it with a transform land. One side taps for C, other side taps for D, as it enters the battlefield you may transform it.

Production
Jun 11, 2001

Jabor posted:

Could solve it with a transform land. One side taps for C, other side taps for D, as it enters the battlefield you may transform it.

This seems like the right place for Kamigawa-style flips instead. Dual lands minimize the art problems, text isn't necessarily going to be too long.

That gets you away from having checklist cards for the most played/tapped cards in your deck. Then again, if they're getting tapped all the time maybe it'll be too easy to cheat them into the other position when you untap, so maybe just you're allowed to untap them to either side (but you are locked in to that choice until you untap them again)

What's worse, flip cards or mandatory counters on lands now that Ikoria is opening the floodgates?

Caligo Polder
Land
Whenever Caligo Polder enters the battlefield or becomes untapped, you may remove all land-type counters from it and put a Swamp or Plains counter on it. (It counts as that land type.)

Land
~ enters the battlefield tapped.
Whenever ~ becomes untapped, you may put a basic land-type counter on it. (It counts as that land type.)

Production fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Mar 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

t:{c}
t,exert this: any colour mana