Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Might want to try clearing your download cache too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Bad Parenting posted:

Make sure you're not logged into steam on your phone as well, I seem to recall that tripped me up when I was trying to unlock some other game early

It was this. As soon as I logged out on the Steam app on my phone and restarted steam it started unpacking.

Thanks muchly

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Veotax posted:

It was this. As soon as I logged out on the Steam app on my phone and restarted steam it started unpacking.

Thanks muchly

No prob! Enjoy RIPPING AND TEARING

I'm still working so sadly I won't be able to until tonight.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

hmm even without the steam app logging into a japanese vpn and then starting steam gives me the "not available" message. Welp.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Wish this VPN trickery worked on PS4, but oh well. I’m extremely ready for midnight. :toot:

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Thanks for the tunnel bear vpn tip , got the game running already. This is great!

Edit : uh, it hard freezes and crashes my system on title screen. Not good

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Mar 19, 2020

Henker
May 5, 2009

Should we stay on the VPN the entire time we're downloading the game, or is it okay to log off once the download has started?

Wizard Whateley
Apr 12, 2002

I am a bootlicking scab who loves seeing people be paid less than living wages. If the workers don't like it they should just kill themselves. Let me know who is organizing so I can report them to management. I pine for the days of the Pinkertons.
I logged off after I got the game running and have been able exit and restart as I please without using the VPN. (on Beth launcher)

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

The enemy AI and especially movement AI is totally bonkers.

In a slayer gate, I just had a pack of imps actually cutting me off. One of them attacking me from the front, the other two changing their direction to get around and behind me so I was nearly unable to move.

This game doesn't gently caress around one bit. Too many wrong decisions in regard to which weapon and mod, where to run, and what ressources to fill up, and you're dead.

It's absolutely brilliant.

My main complaint at the moment (playing on a widescreen display) is that I have trouble keeping up with what cooldowns are still running, because as soon as I look to the lower right, I eat some attacks/projectiles (since the enemies all lead their shots pretty good). Would be cool if id adds the possibility to have some colored dots around the aiming reticle that indicate what's ready and what not, so you don't have to take your eyes away from what's going on.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
DOOOOOOOM. FUCKIN' DOOM YEAHH

I'll wait until Friday.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

I guess I got the short stick - game is completely hosed for me. It's just a black screen on the title menu with 'esc=exit' on the bottom left, I have to kill it via task manager, which then hard locks my computer and stops the display output. What the gently caress man.

Is there a way to open it in windowed mode?

Looks like others are having the same problem: https://steamcommunity.com/app/782330/discussions/0/1867245431035099570/

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Holy gently caress this game is terrific.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Pre-ordered the PC version on Amazon and didn't realize they're sending it in the mail. I'm guessing I'm getting a box with a code. It's been so long since I've bought a PC game that wasn't just an emailed code.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Hello fellow New Zealanders! Just having to switch a region on my XBonx is pretty nice. Even under Nightmare this game ain't playing around.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Thanks for the tunnel bear vpn tip , got the game running already. This is great!

Tunnel bear tip is good! I was worried VPN would cost something, but there's a free option - it has a 500MB limit but you should be fine if you're just unpacking the game.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

PSA from an IdTech engine developer

https://twitter.com/axelgneiting/status/1240685700179046401

https://twitter.com/axelgneiting/status/1240689871691206658

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Will the switch version of eternal have gyro aiming? Couldn't find an answer on google.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
oh great, my code from CDkeys.com doesn't work. of course THIS is the game I have an issue with them want to rip and tear cmon

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Doom good!
Shotguns good!
Key resellers bad!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Henker posted:

Should we stay on the VPN the entire time we're downloading the game, or is it okay to log off once the download has started?

Download the game off VPN
Exit steam
Connect to VPN
Unpack game
*LAUNCH GAME*
Disconnect from VPN

The first launch I had to be on the VPN for it to work.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

I fixed my blank title screen problem - setting my windows display scaling back to 100% solved it. Just in case others had the same issue :)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
ITS TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DOOM

Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

Is the map ridiculously dark for anyone else? I can barely see it when I hit tab.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Adjust your gamma?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
This game is GOOD

Also I lost my job today...so more Doom is welcome

Edit: level 2's fuckin music holy poo poo I'm in heaven

Shoehead fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Mar 19, 2020

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
I just got two hours in, died and went to reload my game and it sent me back to the beginning. :(

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Mindblast posted:

hmm even without the steam app logging into a japanese vpn and then starting steam gives me the "not available" message. Welp.
Use Singapore. Japan version releases a week later.

Which is loving stupid, since voice files are already in.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Not sure what I think about 1UPs carrying one between levels. I found like 5 in the first level and used none of them yet, but it feels like cheating.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Shoehead posted:

This game is GOOD

Also I lost my job today...so more Doom is welcome

Sorry to hear that Shoehead. I was recently laid off myself. Dang coronavirus is wrecking the economy.

Some Doom will be just what we need :)

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Jack Trades posted:

Not sure what I think about 1UPs carrying one between levels. I found like 5 in the first level and used none of them yet, but it feels like cheating.

Turn up the difficulty?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Kaiju15 posted:

Is the map ridiculously dark for anyone else? I can barely see it when I hit tab.

You have to press F to bring out the flashlight. But be warned, you can't shoot at the same time you have your flashlight out, so it's a tactical decision.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

Game is Super Good

Will be here Until It Is Done

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So after I unlock and launch, could I turn off the vpn and play? I am doing this during my lunch break

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

The UI color changes are super nice. "Demon" is straight up hotline miami, look at the health bars. Its not just that things are neon pink / cyan / orange, but they even did color gradients in the bars!!!

The other schemes to compare:

Not pictured: "Amber" which is all amber

Look at how it changes the menus

Unlucky7 posted:

So after I unlock and launch, could I turn off the vpn and play? I am doing this during my lunch break

I tried turning off VPN and I went back to not being able to play. But the game comes out for real tonight before midnight even, so we won't have to VPN for long.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Jack Trades posted:

1ups are just currency for the "i don't want to try very hard" tax

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I fixed my blank title screen problem - setting my windows display scaling back to 100% solved it. Just in case others had the same issue :)

That scaling caused some problems in other games here, I've added it among the usual list of 'update video drivers', 'restart pc', checks when something goes wrong

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
The first thing that happened when I launched the game is a warning that I should update my video driver before playing. :pcgaming:

It seems Nvidia and AMD released Doom Eternal game ready drivers earlier today.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

So many cool things to keybind Im running out of places to put them. That's not a sleight against the game mind you. More of a personal luxury problem.

When you get the airdash can you trigger it with a doubled tap, Unreal style?

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Unlucky7 posted:

Yeah, you have to launch the game directly via the .exe though (it's in bethesda games launcher > games > Doom eternal), the launcher just says 'preload' again. Everything works just fine ingame, you can even log in on the main screen.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

You have to press F to bring out the flashlight. But be warned, you can't shoot at the same time you have your flashlight out, so it's a tactical decision.

lmao imagine if they ever made a doom like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Hungry Computer posted:

The first thing that happened when I launched the game is a warning that I should update my video driver before playing. :pcgaming:

It seems Nvidia and AMD released Doom Eternal game ready drivers earlier today.
Silly me updating my driver's yesterday thinking they would have had that stuff done even before the early access and review copies were released and not same day.