Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

In that division?

The team that taken the biggest step forward is Arizona is they are probably still a year away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1240734345255686149?s=20

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Cooks will be a bigger loss then Gurley in the grand scheme of things. McVay needs 3 good WR's for his scheme to work, and those guys getting banged up at various points was most of what slowed that offense down.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Kalli posted:

Cooks will be a bigger loss then Gurley in the grand scheme of things. McVay needs 3 good WR's for his scheme to work, and those guys getting banged up at various points was most of what slowed that offense down.

Between their top three receivers they missed 3 games lol

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Cool, RIP to another 150 tests that are now going to an organization actively trying to cover up child rape.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Cool, RIP to another 150 tests that are now going to an organization actively trying to cover up child rape.

there's a bounty joke somewhere

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Seems to be taking it well.

https://twitter.com/TG3II/status/1240737097688010754?s=20

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

wait what

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
The Saints had their PR team help the local archdiocese do crisis management when they were caught raping kids.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1240741253433696256?s=20

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

K8.0 posted:

The Saints had their PR team help the local archdiocese do crisis management when they were caught raping kids.

oh right

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

latinotwink1997 posted:

Brady needs to go to Tampa so we can call them the TB TBs

O yea, I totally got my wish on this one.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Browns: Offseason Champions in 2019 to not a peep in 2020 and only disappointment and misery.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Pretty sure Cam’s medical report is just an 8.5x11” skull and crossbones

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

You're right, that would be a pretty good group of skill position players.

They got Sanu for week 8, in week 9 he caught 10 of 14 passes then got a high ankle sprain and was completely ineffective for the rest of the season.

Edelman injured his hand in camp and dropped 13 passes over the season. Mid-November he severely injured his shoulder and knee and was completely ineffective over the last month of the season. He had surgery on those when the season ended.

This sounds like the type of thing Bills fans used to tell themselves when Trent Edwards couldn't connect with Lee Evans.

Going to just Occam's razor this and assume the old rear end quarterback is playing like an old rear end quarterback rather than contriving how an ankle sprain on a receiver cosmically caused Brady to lob ducks anywhere north of ten yards.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It’s a very handsome face.

"The real crime, I think, was the beard."

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:hmmyes:

I’d heard stories of him wearing that hat, but never actually seen a picture before now.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Why the poo poo is Chicago not going after him?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

SKULL.GIF posted:

Why the poo poo is Chicago not going after him?

NICK FOLES!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Because they already got Big Dick Nick

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chargers make a lot of sense but Cam can't even fly out there right now and do a physical (officially)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Yeah, because the best destination for a player plagued with injuries is the Chargers. Cam would turn to dust the moment he stepped onto the field.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Cam is bad and terrible and I reserve the right to re-evaluate if someone trades for &e.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Hey Bucs fans what are you most looking for at the draft?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Mega64 posted:

Yeah, because the best destination for a player plagued with injuries is the Chargers. Cam would turn to dust the moment he stepped onto the field.

The Injury Goblin is gone. It's gonna follow Rivers to Indy

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It will definitely thrive there

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

This sounds like the type of thing Bills fans used to tell themselves when Trent Edwards couldn't connect with Lee Evans.

Going to just Occam's razor this and assume the old rear end quarterback is playing like an old rear end quarterback rather than contriving how an ankle sprain on a receiver cosmically caused Brady to lob ducks anywhere north of ten yards.

Yup, I sure am just making up excuses. This definitely didn't happen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQMOWPpqM4o

I was off by a week though, it happened right when Brady mysteriously fell off a cliff, weird that.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hey Bucs fans what are you most looking for at the draft?

Thomas or Wirfs or Wills or Becton or Jones. So, OT. Then a RB in the second like Edwards-Helaire or Dobbins or Taylor.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

Yup, I sure am just making up excuses. This definitely didn't happen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQMOWPpqM4o

I was off by a week though, it happened right when Brady mysteriously fell off a cliff, weird that.

I didn't think you made up an injury. I just don't think they were why Tom Brady looked like poo poo. Edelman's torn rib cartilage has nothing to do with Brady's clearly diminished arm strength.

I know you're not used to having a bad quarterback, so take it from an expert: blaming injuries that supporting talent played through is a good way to talk yourself into EJ Manuel.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Brady both played badly and the receivers got hurt. He didn't give enough of a poo poo to go to OTAs and get familiar with the non Edelman receivers, and then pouted his way through the rest of the year after AB got released.

IMO the Pats should draft another WR and see if anyone will give them something for Edelmans corpse. Surely there are idiot GMs out there who think he still has something left

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The lions will give at least a 2nd at the rate they're collecting former Patriots

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

K8.0 posted:

Brady was not quite as good as 2018 last year, but "very obviously in decline" is ridiculous. The entire receiving corps including Edelman was awful, among the worst in the NFL, and with the terrible OL play both giving no cushion and exposing Sony Michel, there really wasn't much to do. Brady did have some bad throws (he has for years), but his stats sucked primarily because everyone was dropping balls that hit them right in the hands, failing route timings to ridiculous degrees, or sluggishly wallowing down the field and never getting open.

I expect Brady to finish the season ranked around 4th-6th among QBs.

Super homerish. Like most Pats haters I can't escape them on t.v., and from week 7 on, it was 50-50 on every single drop back whether he'd even throw a catchable ball. He's 44 years old this season, and no QB but him has ever had a great season after age 41. He is very obviously in decline, and his failure to return to the Patriots is the biggest red flag. He is going to do the Peyton Manning thing where he's good for the first couple of months, then fall off as the season drags on. Hope this helps

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

D-LINK posted:

Super homerish. Like most Pats haters I can't escape them on t.v., and from week 7 on, it was 50-50 on every single drop back whether he'd even throw a catchable ball. He's 44 years old this season, and no QB but him has ever had a great season after age 41. He is very obviously in decline, and his failure to return to the Patriots is the biggest red flag. He is going to do the Peyton Manning thing where he's good for the first couple of months, then fall off as the season drags on. Hope this helps

He picked the perfect spot to hide/slow his decline with the talent around him

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/AngelusCBM/status/1240765481017114624?s=19

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Nodoze posted:

He picked the perfect spot to hide/slow his decline with the talent around him

He's the undisputed greatest ever, but he's not a top 10 QB anymore. And he certainly isn't gonna finish top 5 as that poster thinks lol

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
All you fools doubting 2021 league mvp Tom Brady

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This season ended for Brady the way last season should have. With a bad pick

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I’ve counted out TD TB.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I give it 18 months before Tom Terrific joins Scientology down there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm looking forward to Antonio Brown signing with the Buccaneers.