Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Glad the outrage worked and made a lovely situation less lovely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

That likely stopped a lot of people losing their livelihoods. Glad it went this way.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Thank you Jericho

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

GCW and IWTV signed a deal to stream live events on IWTV (minimum of 10). First one is Thursday at 7 apparently.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

I sure hope things work out similarly for GCW re: The Collective as it did for Highspots.

I know that they're still intending to run "later", but I hope they can free up some $$$ in the meantime.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

StarkRavingMad posted:

Thank you Jericho

they said that jericho didnt help but they appreciated the gesture

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

If someone were to take advantage of the PWG BluRay sale to feed their recently reignited interest in pro wrestling, does anybody have any slam dunk suggestions? Barring outside input, was probably going to go with this year’s BOLA and the show where Chuck Taylor wins the title based on how Excalibur talked about that pop on Talk is Jericho.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

If someone were to take advantage of the PWG BluRay sale to feed their recently reignited interest in pro wrestling, does anybody have any slam dunk suggestions? Barring outside input, was probably going to go with this year’s BOLA and the show where Chuck Taylor wins the title based on how Excalibur talked about that pop on Talk is Jericho.

Do you own any PWG shows already? What about people that you know you like? I have some shows that I love and think are great, but I'd rather give you tailored suggestions!

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I can't believe the WWE finally killed the indies.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

The 2014 BOLA is probably your best bet as BOLA shows go, with whichever night ACH/Omega is on (night 2 I think) being the highlight.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Do you own any PWG shows already? What about people that you know you like? I have some shows that I love and think are great, but I'd rather give you tailored suggestions!

I don’t, I got back into wrestling when AEW started spinning up after not watching much of anything since around 2006 when I was mainly watching WWE and ROH.

Personal tastewise, the Radicalz jumping to WWE was probably the biggest thing that happened during my younger wrestling watching days. Currently, Death Triangle have been at the top of my list since AEW launched, but I generally like most of what they’ve done and love their tag division.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Subscribe to Highspots Wrestling Network and you can watch pretty much every PWG show from 2010 through this time last year.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Eight
DDT4 2013
ASW 9, Night 1 (2013)
Guerre Sans Frontieres
Pushin' Forward Back

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I don’t, I got back into wrestling when AEW started spinning up after not watching much of anything since around 2006 when I was mainly watching WWE and ROH.

Personal tastewise, the Radicalz jumping to WWE was probably the biggest thing that happened during my younger wrestling watching days. Currently, Death Triangle have been at the top of my list since AEW launched, but I generally like most of what they’ve done and love their tag division.

If I was going to pick 4 for you I'd probably pick (specifically for BluRays):

2016 Battle of Los Angeles - Stage Two
Nice Boys (Don't Play Rock 'n Roll)
2017 Battle of Los Angeles - Final Stage
Pushin Forward Back

Though if you don't want partial BOLAs, I'd add in these two instead:

Neon Knights
Head Like a Cole

If you want to go into DVDs, there's way more, I'd probably at least get

Guerre Sans Frontieres and Mystery Vortex III and Steen Wolf

Amp fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 18, 2020

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

sportsgenius86 posted:

Subscribe to Highspots Wrestling Network and you can watch pretty much every PWG show from 2010 through this time last year.

my highspots subscription has been helping my mental state while I suffer from cabin fever due to the world being on fire. Highly recommended.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

the escape goat posted:

my highspots subscription has been helping my mental state while I suffer from cabin fever due to the world being on fire. Highly recommended.

Even just watching through the old Kevin Steen Show and various versions of the Best Friends extended universe interviews and the Officer/Scholar/Gentleman/Tremendously Awkward is worth it. Highspots Network is great.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I'm catching up on the last GCW show and I am so loving over Matt Justice's awful CTE gimmick, and I say this as someone who thinks dudes cutting themselves open and bleeding all over the building in ridiculous death matches is a great time.

Ironically he probably only believes it because he has CTE.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

History Comes Inside! posted:

I'm catching up on the last GCW show and I am so loving over Matt Justice's awful CTE gimmick, and I say this as someone who thinks dudes cutting themselves open and bleeding all over the building in ridiculous death matches is a great time.

Ironically he probably only believes it because he has CTE.

The outcome of dudes with significant head and neck trauma ranges from heated gamer moment to murder/suicide. So yeah, I'm good with not ever seeing Matt Justice benoit himself again.

coconono fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Mar 18, 2020

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.
From what is being offered:
Threemendous III
Mystery Vortex III
Nice Boys (Don't Play Rock N Roll)
Don't Sweat the Technique
From Out of Nowhere

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

GCW is running Acid Cup 2 on Thursday and Friday night on IWTV from an undisclosed location with no fans.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/EPWPerth/status/1240517808502366208

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Acid Cup lineup is loving siiiick

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1240642743728209920

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
Acid Cup is going to rule

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love all of the fun descriptors of everybody, but I'm sad that Pinkie Sanchez is now just Sanchez. The WWE first-name disease is infecting the indies :ohdear:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

his full name is "Pinkie" Sanchez 4DaChildren

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Really enjoying quite how much content IWTV are moving at the moment. Archive stuff in large part, sure, but the fact that most evenings I can dip in and see if their show tonight is fun is a definite positive.

I don't know enough about tech to know what the barriers are to this, but it would be nice if having a continual broadcast (of their back catalogue) were possible. So, like, this weekend we're streaming all of Uncharted Territory Season 1, next weekend we're running every show where Orange Cassidy defended the IWTV title, weekend after that we're running all the Collective shows from 2019. Just to give a sense that people can watch together.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Lamuella posted:

Really enjoying quite how much content IWTV are moving at the moment. Archive stuff in large part, sure, but the fact that most evenings I can dip in and see if their show tonight is fun is a definite positive.

I don't know enough about tech to know what the barriers are to this, but it would be nice if having a continual broadcast (of their back catalogue) were possible. So, like, this weekend we're streaming all of Uncharted Territory Season 1, next weekend we're running every show where Orange Cassidy defended the IWTV title, weekend after that we're running all the Collective shows from 2019. Just to give a sense that people can watch together.

Every weekend is just Zona 23 on repeat, no exceptions

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Bushmeister posted:

Every weekend is just Zona 23 on repeat, no exceptions

I continue to not have a problem with this.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

For those who can't click and want a non-tweet list, Acid Cup 2 entrants for tonight/tomorrow:

Nick Gage
Atticus Cogar
Blake Christian
Allie Kat
Jordan Oliver
Jimmy Lloyd
Chris Dickinson
Matthew Justice
KTB
Sanchez
1 Called Manders
Shane Mercer
Lucky 13
Benjamin Carter
Cole Radrick
Ellis Taylor

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Chris James 2 posted:

For those who can't click and want a non-tweet list, Acid Cup 2 entrants for tonight/tomorrow:

Nick Gage
Atticus Cogar
Blake Christian
Allie Kat
Jordan Oliver
Jimmy Lloyd
Chris Dickinson
Matthew Justice
KTB
Sanchez
1 Called Manders
Shane Mercer
Lucky 13
Benjamin Carter
Cole Radrick
Ellis Taylor

drat this is a really good lineup. Might have to subscribe.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Promo code GameChanger for new IWTV subs, idk how much weeks that covers but it's at least one so you get both shows for free

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Plus it'll cover the Freelance Warehouse Wars show on Saturday. I think the promos are five days?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Even if you sign up for free on IWTV any show you watch gives that promotion some sort of money revenue

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

If you want to use a promo code to sign up for IWTV, please check and see if your local indie is on there because they probably have a promo code of their own that you could use to help them out. GCW has the buzz and the IWTV machine behind them, they'll be fine. You can't say the same for most indie promotions.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

WestCoast is the IWTV promo code for West Coast pro wrestling here in NorCal. 5 free days.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

KungFu Grip posted:

Even if you sign up for free on IWTV any show you watch gives that promotion some sort of money revenue

You can use IWSredcross

Our 5 day code (and whatever you watch of the IWS) is going to be donated to the Canadian Red Cross fwiw

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I was looking for Prime Time Pro's but couldn't find it and used the GCW one. Wish I'd known about the Red Cross one. Oh well. I plan on making use of this subscription.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Endless Mike posted:

I was looking for Prime Time Pro's but couldn't find it and used the GCW one. Wish I'd known about the Red Cross one. Oh well. I plan on making use of this subscription.

All good, you could always watch some IWS, the more you watch of is the more goes to the Red Cross!

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I think the IWTV code for AIW is absolute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

just rust posted:

If you want to use a promo code to sign up for IWTV, please check and see if your local indie is on there because they probably have a promo code of their own that you could use to help them out. GCW has the buzz and the IWTV machine behind them, they'll be fine. You can't say the same for most indie promotions.

GCW is facing significant losses due to Mania weekend. Them having to postpone the Collective than being able to just cancel is going to make things very tough for them going forward.