Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Clocks posted:

Monday I was expecting a somewhat pricey delivery so when they knocked on my door I jumped up and was there within 5-10 seconds. Package safely on the ground but literally no sign of the person who delivered it or their vehicle. Talk about being a master at social distancing.

You have been visited by the Ghost of Social Distancing. Reply "STAY SAFE MR. GHOST" or you and your loved ones will contract COVID-19.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
There's also no waiting period it's cash and carry

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

thomawesome posted:

Chicago is going to be shut down tomorrow. Lightfoot is giving a conference at 5, but I'm about 95% sure the city will be under further locked lockdown starting tomorrow.

I still doubt it, they just said it's about schools and businesses/economics.

I have to drive to work every day anyway so doesn't affect me :smith:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Clocks posted:

Monday I was expecting a somewhat pricey delivery so when they knocked on my door I jumped up and was there within 5-10 seconds. Package safely on the ground but literally no sign of the person who delivered it or their vehicle. Talk about being a master at social distancing.

The HOA termite guy rang the bell, ran back fifteen feet, asked if I'd seen any termites, and left

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

State-operated liquor/wine stores in Quebec province are seeing huge lines all over, with reduced operating hours as well as limited customers inside to maintain distance. Same for cannabis stores.
All grocery stores about to see the same kind of lines permanently as operating hours and limited customers policies put in place.

What may seem hosed up compared to a week ago is still pretty rosy as grocery stores are... still open for the time being. :(

I miss the time when Trump getting elected was the most hosed up thing about this hosed up timeline.
Willing to go back to Bush/Harper years at this point.

Wife and I having her son over for diner for possibly the last time for a long while.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
They are putting plexiglass spit guards in front of all checkout lanes here in grocery stores. I presume they go completely cashless transactions soon. Makes sense

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

First they came for the bakery fresh donuts.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What is actually going on in Wuhan?

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Day seven of self-quarantine. Ran into the neighbors taking out some trash today and it was such a relief being able to actually talk to and see some people, even if we were basically screaming at each other across the lawn. They were triumphantly waving around some daiquiris and im not gonna lie it made me pretty jealous. This one lady just moved here two weeks ago and said she was looking for a grocery store job.

I'm subscribed to get texts from NOLAReady and the last one at 4:36pm was 'Why is National Guard here? To help w/ medical surge, housing quarantined people & drive-thru testing for 1st responders & health workers.' I'm predicting they will start locking poo poo up pretty tight by this weekend if not sooner.

I'm thinking we'll get that sweet sweet welfare check hopefully in the next week or two, and then they'll start home delivery for essentials? Someone earlier in the thread said three weeks until the supply chain starts taking the real hit. Hopefully those of us who are locking themselves inside get one more chance to stock up.

flubber nuts fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Mar 19, 2020

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Bape Culture posted:

What is actually going on in Wuhan?

All residents of Wuhan have been found and are living happy lives.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Burt Sexual posted:

They are putting plexiglass spit guards in front of all checkout lanes here in grocery stores. I presume they go completely cashless transactions soon. Makes sense

My nearest convenience store has that plastic wall thing between cashier and customers... state-operated stores as well as many other businesses, well at least the few that are still open, refuse cash now.
It's all card-only and the cashiers don't touch any of your stuff, you have to scan it yourselves, and the conveyor belts are cleaned between everyone.

:tif:

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

I get really excited every day for when the postman comes around, even started banging on the window and waving to him like an idiot. But god bless him he's our lifeline to all the dumb poo poo we order online cause we're too scared to go to any of the stores

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe

MNIMWA posted:

I get really excited every day for when the postman comes around, even started banging on the window and waving to him like an idiot. But god bless him he's our lifeline to all the dumb poo poo we order online cause we're too scared to go to any of the stores

Kojima was a prophet.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

MNIMWA posted:

Are you the original water delivery fan?

large_gourd
Jan 17, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't really get the logic in reducing opening hours, especially for supermarkets which are the most immediately essential thing. for places with low traffic/inessential businesses anyway, i get it. doesn't seem crucial, but i get it.

for supermarkets though, aren't you just creating busier operating hours? people still need to buy food. so instead of x amount of people going in over 24 hours, you're gonna have the same amount of people going in over 16 or 12 or less. that seems worse for transmission than the cost of having a handful of staff in.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

MNIMWA posted:

mr. water times literally billions.

thomawesome
Jul 19, 2009

Fenarisk posted:

I still doubt it, they just said it's about schools and businesses/economics.

I have to drive to work every day anyway so doesn't affect me :smith:

I work for the city, and our office is like 90% going to shut down tomorrow. The Daley Center and Thompson center are shut down right now, so 🤷‍♂️

I was expecting that speech to be a little more restricting than it was.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

large_gourd posted:

I don't really get the logic in reducing opening hours, especially for supermarkets which are the most immediately essential thing. for places with low traffic/inessential businesses anyway, i get it. doesn't seem crucial, but i get it.

for supermarkets though, aren't you just creating busier operating hours? people still need to buy food. so instead of x amount of people going in over 24 hours, you're gonna have the same amount of people going in over 16 or 12 or less. that seems worse for transmission than the cost of having a handful of staff in.

I think it's because people just empty the shelves each day and they need the extra time to re-stock

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

large_gourd posted:

If I was behind that cash register dealing with all of us fuckers going crazy I would appreciate the reduced hours... might as well condense the craziness a bit and spend more time away from the job.

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

Retail report: people being out of work, poo poo being shut down, kids being out of school and the panic buying is just this big loving perfect storm of horribleness. People just buying groceries because they're home more, kids are home, and they're bored. The number of people ( especially boomers ) that want to get close while buying products and speak into my mouth is unnerving.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Got a completely useless e-mail from my credit card reminding me that with COVID-19, I can still pay off my credit card online, and that even if I fall on financial hardship it doesn't matter to them. Whoever writes these e-mails is loving garbage.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

I think it's because people just empty the shelves each day and they need the extra time to re-stock

And clean

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Anyone already tired working from home? I hate being isolated like this.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Edgar posted:

Anyone already tired working from home? I hate being isolated like this.

Join some discord communities and hang out with goons. It'll help a little bit.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

thomawesome posted:

I work for the city, and our office is like 90% going to shut down tomorrow. The Daley Center and Thompson center are shut down right now, so 🤷‍♂️

I was expecting that speech to be a little more restricting than it was.

I'm sticking to my prediction since I've been right on all of them the past 2 weeks:

1) Once we hit over 600 cases AND double digit deaths, Pritzker is going to enact shelter mode.

2) This will happen either Friday, or, at worst with people doing dumb poo poo again on the weekend, Monday.

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

Burt Sexual posted:

Are you the original water delivery fan?

i dont get the reference but sure

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
I just realized that this is going to cancel every single Oysterhead reunion show, and that's the real tragedy we're going to have to come to grips with as this unfolds. :(

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

MNIMWA posted:

i dont get the reference but sure

Mr. water was why I joined SA. It was a fun thread. Dude leaving notes for the culligan delivery guy.

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
Pennsylvania is shut the gently caress down. I should get more beer before they close at 8 tonight.

https://www.inquirer.com/health/coronavirus/spl/pennsylvania-shutdown-lifesustaining-businesses-tom-wolf-shut-down-20200319.html

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Polish posted:

Pennsylvania is shut the gently caress down. I should get more beer before they close at 8 tonight.

https://www.inquirer.com/health/coronavirus/spl/pennsylvania-shutdown-lifesustaining-businesses-tom-wolf-shut-down-20200319.html

Gas stations sell beer

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
Make sure you go to that goon's liquor store. The one who feels guilty that he has to keep his employees at work since the owners wont let him close due to high sales :cheers:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Looks like I was right, people are just not taking poo poo seriously and now Merkel will meet with ministers on Sunday to discuss curfews.

Earlier in the supermarket they taped red markings all over the floor to make people keep their distance when queuing at the counters and tills. I suspect they will also limit the number of shoppers allowed in, which is really necessary because people just cram the place.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Where do I sign up for them trump bucks

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Burt Sexual posted:

Gas stations sell beer

Not all gas stations in Pennsy

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Polish posted:

Beer distros are considered essential businesses

When I heard about the first shutdown on... Monday? I immediately broke my quarantine and went to the drive through beer distro and grabbed five cases so I could hunker down for a while

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night

Insane Totoro posted:

Not all gas stations in Pennsy

Not a single one in Pennsylvania.. we have lovely liquor laws. Turns out beer distributors will still be open so I am good. Now only if my office job I can definitely do from home would let us work from home.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Sockser posted:

Beer distros are considered essential businesses

When I heard about the first shutdown on... Monday? I immediately broke my quarantine and went to the drive through beer distro and grabbed five cases so I could hunker down for a while

It makes sense when you think about it, there’s an old guy in my neighborhood who would absolutely die of the DT’s within days if you closed down everywhere to get alcohol.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Polish posted:

Not a single one in Pennsylvania.. we have lovely liquor laws. Turns out beer distributors will still be open so I am good. Now only if my office job I can definitely do from home would let us work from home.

Gas stations have been allowed to (and do) sell beer for like four years at this point (not all, of course, but a lot)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Manager Hoyden posted:

Where do I sign up for them trump bucks

You're probably not getting them because Congress can't work together to get literally a single thing done. Unless something has changed this afternoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

Isn't that the drug that causes brain damage?

You're thinking of posting in cspam, the only cure for which is posting in yospos (amberpos only)