Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Idea: name island after JoJo stand

MoodyBlues or Moody Blue sound good.

Osiris, or D’Arby Isle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Nemo2342 posted:

https://twitter.com/HeyJosuePonce/status/1240771211551965187?s=20

Looks like some GameStops are letting people pick up preorders early.

There's a lot of employees who are quitting after today so I assume anyone getting AC from GameStop today got one from an employee who gives no fucks anymore.

compounded daily
Mar 29, 2007

:buddy:
Fun Shoe
Stardew Valley (and pretty much any Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons) always stressed me out because of that dang clock. I know they're supposed to be pretty easy going games, but the days always feel like they run out too fast, I can't get enough done! Maybe because of all the years I spent playing AC before even touching one of those games.

Anyways I'm just gonna chill to my favorite OG track until the game drops. I haven't read the spoilers, and I don't plan to, so I'm just going to blindly hope they let you choose from the previous games' soundtracks at some point. Or maybe it will be DLC?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Framboise posted:

ghhhh I'm jealous. I gotta wait for my brother to pick up my download code that he preordered for me (late bday present), and he said he wouldn't do it until after work tomorrow.

look, joker's just got a lot on his plate he's gotta grind for cash in the metaverse to get enough to buy it in the evening

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i'm excited about animal crossing and dont have anything to do until hit hits in like 5 hours so im gonna share a lil thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFlPLWdgDOc

i made this a while back as like an animal crossing style chill-out track thing to use for a small town in a tabletop campaign that didnt end up happening. so like 4 people ever heard it. now you get to hear it too. its not particularly great because i have zero musical knowledge or training. but i wanted to share

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/kuraine/status/1240762412761899008

blessed

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

shortspecialbus posted:

It is definitely chill. So chill in fact that it runs in real time and as such you sometimes need to wait actual days for things to complete. I would read up a bit on how the series works in general, but odds are good you'll enjoy it.

I'm in the weird position right now of being equally excited for this and Doom Eternal. I'm going to have an interesting weekend.

Speaking of this, do you have any recommended reading on how these games work? (I'm sure I could just pick it up but I like having a little info going into most games anyway)

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Do we know how island naming works? I found the character limit but does "Island" follow the name you give it? Either way I'm naming mine Koholint and hoping I can put a gigantic egg in the center of it someday.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

The Postman posted:

Do we know how island naming works? I found the character limit but does "Island" follow the name you give it? Either way I'm naming mine Koholint and hoping I can put a gigantic egg in the center of it someday.

no, it'll only be referred to as 'koholint', not ever 'koholint island/isle/etc'

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Waffleman_ posted:

I've got a poll on Twitter for my island name which is three references and one original name and the original name is winning.

https://twitter.com/Waffleman_/status/1240721630378237952?s=20
Why on (under) earth would you name an island D'ni instead of say Myst, Stoneship, <insert random D'ni-language name from later games>, etc? :v:

Also I'm chuckling at getting spoiled for JoJo stand names in the AC thread (only up to Alessi in the Egypt arc so far).

The Postman posted:

We really need to get this put in the OP :v: There is no Island suffix, the 10 characters is it, that's all we get!

brb, naming my island Tenletters

edit: actually...I might do this, it kinda...works?

bitprophet fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Mar 20, 2020

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Oh no now I'm agonizing over what to call my isle :ohdear:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

compounded daily posted:

Stardew Valley (and pretty much any Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons) always stressed me out because of that dang clock. I know they're supposed to be pretty easy going games, but the days always feel like they run out too fast, I can't get enough done! Maybe because of all the years I spent playing AC before even touching one of those games.

Anyways I'm just gonna chill to my favorite OG track until the game drops. I haven't read the spoilers, and I don't plan to, so I'm just going to blindly hope they let you choose from the previous games' soundtracks at some point. Or maybe it will be DLC?

stardew valley is amazing but it needs to be played on pc so you can put in a mod to let you control the time.

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Gangtag Cut-off Warning :siren:

You have 36 hours from time of this post to request this fantabulous gangtag

After that you need to buy it yourself.

Remember to say 'please' when doing so, or imma probe you.

Hello I would like one gang tag please, as long as it can coexist with my existing silly gang tag. Thank you :3:

Ciaphas posted:

Oh no now I'm agonizing over what to call my isle :ohdear:

This is the way

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Question - does Nintendo of Japan utilize teleworking at all? If not, their plans for distributing New Horizons DLC may be hosed by the coronavirus

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Willo567 posted:

Question - does Nintendo of Japan utilize teleworking at all? If not, their plans for distributing New Horizons DLC may be hosed by the coronavirus

I assume the day 0 patch became the day -2 patch because of the virus.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Ok, so I know this question has been asked repeatedly, but I am dumb and could use someone to tell me if I have this correct or not.

My partner and I have 2 switches. We both want to play AC. So we could:

1. Play on the same island -
We could do this with one copy of the game, where the primary switch has the secondary account and the other switch uses the primary account?
I assume they would be able to locally connect once I start the island (or vice versa)?

2. Play on different islands -
This would need 2 copies of the game, and a family subscription to Nintendo Online right? Then we would just visit each others island when we want. Or can you do it all locally and avoid the online subscription?

piss-bottle man
Jan 1, 2010

covered in cat hair

Thank you for the tag.

Welp, back to lurking.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Ok, so I know this question has been asked repeatedly, but I am dumb and could use someone to tell me if I have this correct or not.

My partner and I have 2 switches. We both want to play AC. So we could:

1. Play on the same island -
We could do this with one copy of the game, where the primary switch has the secondary account and the other switch uses the primary account?
I assume they would be able to locally connect once I start the island (or vice versa)?

2. Play on different islands -
This would need 2 copies of the game, and a family subscription to Nintendo Online right? Then we would just visit each others island when we want. Or can you do it all locally and avoid the online subscription?

If you're going to play on the same island you only need one copy on one switch, because you can only live on the same island in local as in same-system multiplayer.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Can I have a tag please <3

Can't wait to play my first AC since Wild World at midnight! Amazon delayed my physical copy so I just cancelled and bought the digital.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Humerus posted:

I assume the day 0 patch became the day -2 patch because of the virus.

That patch was already in development before the virus became a pandemic.

I'm asking because Sakurai said that if someone at Sora or Namco Bandai was found to have it, they would have to close down the building and halt development. However, I don't know how Nintendo would handle it themselves

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

Sea Lily posted:

i'm excited about animal crossing and dont have anything to do until hit hits in like 5 hours so im gonna share a lil thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFlPLWdgDOc

i made this a while back as like an animal crossing style chill-out track thing to use for a small town in a tabletop campaign that didnt end up happening. so like 4 people ever heard it. now you get to hear it too. its not particularly great because i have zero musical knowledge or training. but i wanted to share

I enjoyed this immensely, thank you.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm settled in on Deep Sea 9, the federation of planets flag is easy to whip up and the DS9 theme actually sounds good in-game. :riker:

I was brainstorming for my friend and thought Stovokor would be a good name for his island. He upped it with Tanagra.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Consummate Professional posted:

Oh man, I love it. I've been racking my brain all week on a good one that's not stupid or edgy and I think I'm gonna go with Terok Nor if it fits.

Heck yeah Trek bud :hfive:

e: oh there's more pages, lol

Detective No. 27 posted:

I was brainstorming for my friend and thought Stovokor would be a good name for his island. He upped it with Tanagra.

:respek:

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Oh I want a gangtag please!

Also I've decided to name my island Toast again. Not sure why this name has stuck around for the last decade or so but... Toast.

Filthy Haiku fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 20, 2020

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Nook and Slider at Tanagra. Slider, strings sweet. Nook, his balls large.

Gluteus Maximus
Oct 20, 2007

OH LAWD, HE COMIN'
TO TOWN

jackhunter64 posted:

Post back with results, I'll add it to the OP after work if it's good

Aside from what enojy's been posting, yeah, it's pretty drat good. An improvement over the original, IMHO.

Compared to this:

While neither is bad, the newest pattern maker retains the original image's dimensions, somewhat.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

calling bullshit on that island name generator posted earlier, it generates English village names

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Detective No. 27 posted:

Nook and Slider at Tanagra. Slider, strings sweet. Nook, his balls large.

Shaka, when the trees fell.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Nook, when the mortgage fell

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

LET ME IN NINTENDO ITS BEEN 4 MINUTES

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

so at least according to my local gamestop it sounds like _ALL_ gamestops have now released this early to help with social distancing. pre-orders only, so if you've pre-ordered from gamestop, go grab this game!

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

I can't wait for everybody to stay six feet away from me in less than four hours on lovely Social Dis island!

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

ITS MIDNIGHT IN THE UK NINTENDO LET ME PLAY PLEASE IM BEGGING YOU

I'M IN gently caress YES

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Infinitum posted:

Can I please join this incredible gang. Thanks!

Is the name you choose for you island permanent or can you change it later if you want?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

permanent

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lots of polite people requesting tags, yes yes.

Unfortunately one person didn't remember their manners, and that's unfortunate.

(Will queue up tags once home from work)

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I think I'm going to name my island Selidor, because I'm a huge dweeb.

BeansOnToast
May 7, 2014

Infinitum posted:

May I please have a gangtag? Thank you!

I’m really hoping for some island name inspiration to strike me in the next few hours, I have no idea so far.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

FOUR MORE HOURS

If you take a nap now, you’ll properly mess up your sleep schedule and be able to play a lot longer than normal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Infinitum posted:

May I have a gangtag please? This will be my first AC game and I'm hoping it will help distract me from all the bad stuff going on in my life right now. :smith: