Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

I finally think I've opted on Shayol Ghul for my island name. I like WoT better than Lovecraft anyways, and it keeps the island theme well enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Gangtag Cut-off Warning :siren:

You have 36 hours from time of this post to request this fantabulous gangtag

After that you need to buy it yourself.

Remember to say 'please' when doing so, or imma probe you.

please friend may i have the thing

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Someone who is smarter than me needs to come up with good weed jokes because the amount of money you get from selling weed to the Racoon Goons is frankly ridiculous.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
The only correct island name is Hooverville.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Not sure how much Yakuza 0 love crossover there is here, but check this out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek0-ow8F6ic

compounded daily
Mar 29, 2007

:buddy:
Fun Shoe
^^^There is love from me, and I love that video, and also that Isabelle is canonically a whiskey connoisseur

I'll eat a probe, too, since I'm not gonna be paying attention to the forums for a while anyways. Plus I'm rude and never said please or thank you.

(Thank you, Infinitum, for the gang tag)

compounded daily fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Mar 20, 2020

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Can we start playing locally at midnight or how does this work? I'm dying

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Is there a list of things to do during this short "first day"?

Is it just give Nook 5 bugs/fish?

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

RC Cola posted:

Can we start playing locally at midnight or how does this work? I'm dying

Midnight EST/11pm CST/9pm PST.

aquaticrabbit
Aug 2, 2004

GreenBuckanneer posted:

aquaticrabbit & shortspecialbus your FCID doesn't work in the ACNH friend document

Apologies. Aquaticrabbit’s ID is 4567-6553-1115 if someone could fix in the sheet, please. Thanks for pointing that out!

A Long Way Down
Jul 14, 2009

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

I’d like to get on board this goon train, please

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Work: Done
Edibles: Consumed
Animal Crossing: Soon

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

First time playing Animal Crossing and I was really enjoying it up until the point I realized when he says "it'll be ready tomorrow" he actually means loving tomorrow...

Can I get around this by messing with the system clock? I kinda wanted to play this today and after a couple of hours its saying "lol nope you can't progress until tomorrow"

PacoTheThird
Oct 23, 2008
Ahhh, almost time! I’m trying my best to stay awake.

Thank you so much for the gang tag, Infinitum!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Do spaces not count towards the character limit for island names?!

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

IsleOfDogs is 10 letters.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Dragonstoned posted:

First time playing Animal Crossing and I was really enjoying it up until the point I realized when he says "it'll be ready tomorrow" he actually means loving tomorrow...

Can I get around this by messing with the system clock? I kinda wanted to play this today and after a couple of hours its saying "lol nope you can't progress until tomorrow"

Yes, but IMO it's a poor habit to get into. The real time nature is one of the core elements of the game and is kind of what makes it so chill. At one point I did the time travel thing for a few weeks and while I was progressing really well, it completely changed the nature of the game and I wasn't enjoying it nearly as much.

That said, plenty of people do it all the time and still have a great time so w/e, you do you. Doing it by the system clock is safer, although it can cause issues in other games. I think the game eventually punishes you if it detects that you're doing it, or at least they used to.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

*millions of nerds just sitting looking at the clock*
Nintendo: No, this last hour is important

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

So I've never had online service for my Switch. Do I have to buy a 'family' account so my wife can travel to friends' villages too? We have one switch sitting in a dock in front of our TV. That seems absurd (though I'll grant, this service seems cheap compared to Xbox/PSN)

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

DuhSal posted:

choosing an island name is quite taxing!

I was thinking one of these maybe

Isla Nublar
Idylegain
Straycrumb

but I'm not sure! I will have to ponder for the next hour..

Straycrumb is good

DayGloOreo
May 2, 2012

Fblthp had always hated crowds.

Still trying to decide on an island name, currently debating between:
Fernview
Rosewood
Barkhollow
Stonecrest
Rivendell

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Is there any such thing as 'customized', or even just renamed, inhabitants? I had a dumb joke idea that doesn't work without at least some customizing.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Infinitum posted:

can I have one please? even though my copy is still in the mail due to the wrath of God.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

prepuce repurposed posted:

Straycrumb is good

thanks for the feedback. I was leaning towards that one!

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

I used that Island Name Generator posted a while back and I got

Flipvibe

which I am absolutely using immediately.

https://acnh-namegen.herokuapp.com if anyone wants to use it

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

DayGloOreo posted:

Still trying to decide on an island name, currently debating between:
Fernview
Rosewood
Barkhollow
Stonecrest
Rivendell

I'm sensing a pattern. Think outside the bun. I suggest "truck" or maybe "blip" if you're feeling froggy

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Is there any such thing as 'customized', or even just renamed, inhabitants? I had a dumb joke idea that doesn't work without at least some customizing.

No. Or else I'd have a village of nothing but Bob and maybe a bunch of frogs.

fake edit: You can (or at least could, dunno about this game) give nicknames to the villagers from time to time, but it doesn't officially change their name and it's kind of random when you get to do it.

another edit: VVVVV Maybe that's what it is - catchphrases rather than nicknames. Although I have some sort of recollection of either being able to give myself a certain nickname for certain villagers or at least approve a nickname they make up? Either way that all happens completely randomly with no way to trigger it.

ssb fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Mar 20, 2020

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ciaphas posted:

No, you can't customize villagers deliberately.

They will sometimes trade furniture with you, trade clothes or ask you to give them a new catchphrase but those are all extremely rare events

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Infinitum posted:

I'll take one, please and thanks. Still gotta decide on an island name, I may end up going with Rokkenjima if nothing else sounds good.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Finally decided my island will be called Skellige. No idea if I can pick a good theme to match that. WHY IS IT NOT AFTER MIDNIGHT YET

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Got my weed, got my tea, got an hour to kill before I meet some animals. I hope you all enjoy this most giant of chill pills in this trying time.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

LODGE NORTH posted:

How soon into the game do you find out your fruit and airport color? I might lose my night trying to get the right combo.

Very quickly -- after the brief character customization part with Timmy and Tommy, you fly over the island. Just keep an eye out for the trees below while you're in the plane.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Hey Sorry there are somehow now 3 of me in the spreadsheet, I really don't know how that's happening. The edit link seems to be goofy. Use the one that has "ShayolGhul" for the island name I guess.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Potential island names

Bloomberry
Fernbell
Hillcrest
Figville
Oar's Rest

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Infinitum posted:

please stamp me with the mark of nook!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i shall be Rin from Yurukyan

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/MrAnthonyW/status/1240826950764990464?s=20

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I think I asked this before but forgot, is there anything neat about playing in the 'wrong' hemisphere other than the novelty of 'ah it's snowing for bunny day' or whatever? Like the holidays and junk are the same, right?

I, uh, I realize I'm functionally asking if Australians have Christmas in December or July but, like, animal crossing flavored.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much
Welp, the name of my island is going to be Arcadia...I calls it like I sees it :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
You could theoretically get out of season stuff from someone with the other hemisphere