Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
Citrix is also frequently used as the backbone for programs like McKesson/Horizon/whatever they're calling it now.

Medical software, basically.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bird food bathtub posted:

They just absolutely do not give a gently caress at all do they?

Why would they? Nothing will come of it

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

well it has been illegal for congressmen to trade on inside information for, oh, almost eight years now

quote:

Insider trading bill heads to House

By SCOTT WONG

02/02/2012 06:11 PM EST

Updated 02/03/2012 03:31 PM EST

The Senate broke through its usual gridlock on Thursday and easily passed a politically popular bill that would ban insider trading for lawmakers and their staffs.

After days of bickering over amendments, the STOCK Act sailed through the Senate on a 96-3 vote and now heads to the House, where Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) has pledged to bring the bill to the floor next week. Sens. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.), Richard Burr (R-N.C.) and Jeff Bingaman (D-N.M.) were the only no votes.

:thunk:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Citrix Receiver loving blows

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

bloops posted:

Citrix Receiver loving blows

agree, I loving hate it

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

https://twitter.com/mattmfm/status/1240818497745231877

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I can't loving even anymore

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
On the plus side, DOOM ETERNAL SOON

Alaan
May 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1240806440379371521?s=19

Tucker loving Carlson is asking for Burr to resign.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Alaan posted:

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1240806440379371521?s=19

Tucker loving Carlson is asking for Burr to resign.
Burr wasn't totally in Donnie's corner in regards to Russia so that may be why they're willing to sacrifice him.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Tucker Carlson is morally outraged that someone else would downplay the severity of NCoV-19 for a paycheck

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Is it bad that I am hoping for more public meltdowns a la Trapt as the weeks go on? Because I think there's gonna be a lot of them as people go stir-crazy.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The RWM reeaaaallly pushing hydrochloroquine

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

does the purdue family make it too

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

may i offer some kickin jams an a e s t h e t i c to decapitate to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB8Ci7X5HUU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Not only have the Republicans fully removed the mask, but are now actively mocking the press for acting as if the mask exists

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's showing not-terrible results, but the results aren't really definitive, either.

At a guess, I'd say they're pushing it hard as a miracle cure so, if it does actually work, the plague ends up being the nothingburger they said it was.

Does Trump actually have ties to Mylan, the manufacturer? Or did someone say 'this is showing good results' and he took that to mean it's perfect it's great let me spit that out all over the teleprompter?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acT_PSAZ7BQ

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1240840590469869568?s=19

Hahahaha

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Milo and POTUS posted:

Thats because anyone looking at experiences across the globe should realize the US is living in dreamland. Most countries have moved to quarantines backed by extensive testing and isolation for in excess of a month.

Local governments are only able to mandate shelter in place with little testing and isolation and saying these measures will only be up for 2-3 weeks. When I walked my dogs today I saw kids playing together, dinner parties, wine bars that should have been closed but remained open on a technicality, and my dad wants to visit each of his units with an appraiser to refinance. Everyone accepts the necessity to pay lip service to social distancing but noone is properly reacting to the risk of spread. It's an abstract idea and I'm starting to worry this is just the honeymoon period and I actually need to stockpile.

Hydrochloroquine is a simple, feel good idea to clutch at compared to the alternative.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

I'm so confused, what reality is half the country living in?

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

lightpole posted:

Thats because anyone looking at experiences across the globe should realize the US is living in dreamland. Most countries have moved to quarantines backed by extensive testing and isolation for in excess of a month.

Local governments are only able to mandate shelter in place with little testing and isolation and saying these measures will only be up for 2-3 weeks. When I walked my dogs today I saw kids playing together, dinner parties, wine bars that should have been closed but remained open on a technicality, and my dad wants to visit each of his units with an appraiser to refinance. Everyone accepts the necessity to pay lip service to social distancing but noone is properly reacting to the risk of spread. It's an abstract idea and I'm starting to worry this is just the honeymoon period and I actually need to stockpile.

Hydrochloroquine is a simple, feel good idea to clutch at compared to the alternative.

With or without hydroxychloroquine as a therapeutic, we're still in it for the long haul. Buy a little more non-perishables than you think you need during a bi-weekly outing to the supermarket, if you need to, but expect to be stuck in a revolving door of lockdown to semi-lockdown for the better part of the year.

Like the RWM can praise it all they want, and it may even be of assistance in halting catastrophic damage to a person's lungs/death, but the ICU is still going to fill up, and people are still going to need vents. Best case, it's a miracle drug, but we still need to flatten the curve for long enough to build a respectable stockpile. Enough that 40% of Americans can receive 10+ days of treatment, possibly more, because that's the lowest estimate re: how many of us are going to come down with this virus. This also requires ramping up testing for the virus itself, because why hand out antivirals to someone who might have the flu if the drugs still need to be rationed?

EDIT: wording, completing thoughts

Old Boot fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Mar 20, 2020

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

Now with 25% more kimchee.

bengy81 posted:

I'm so confused, what reality is half the country living in?

The one where bad things happen to other people. Despite Trump's many unforced errors things are still going relatively OK for me.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/RobertMaguire_/status/1240825051018125316

https://twitter.com/jamiedupree/status/1240821255084924928

Is there a guillotine emote?

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

:thermidor:

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Every time I see Ron Johnson doing something like this, I am reminded that it was people my age complaining about 'my vote doesn't matter' staying home that handed him and Scott Walker a solid win on a silver platter. Him and a bunch of Rs that infested the state-side legislature.

Now the state's been carved up in favor of the Rs and we're barely a swing state anymore, lol.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Who exactly did they poll? Fox News viewers?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Who exactly did they poll? Fox News viewers?
Old people dumb enough to talk to a phone pollster.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
I'm genuinely worried it could be accurate and that the average person is extremely low-information and just accepts what the administration is putting out at face value. "Well, even if I don't particularly like Trump, he wouldn't be lying about the administration's handling of the situation. Anyways, I'm not sick."

Played right, this crisis offers the GOP some options that are profoundly undemocratic. Trump & Co. have no doubt seen Bibi's powerplay this week:
https://twitter.com/harari_yuval/status/1240605817558237186

Cugel the Clever fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Mar 20, 2020

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

lightpole posted:

a simple, feel good idea to clutch at compared to the alternative.

Been hearing that a lot lately.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Somehow Cowboy Mouth managed to catch my attention in 2000. They had precisely one hit, back in like 1995, called Jenny Says. I pretty much bought their discography over the years. A lot of their albums are recycling songs from previous albums, but they put on loving amazing live shows. Fred LeBlanc (drummer/singer) just goes apeshit about having fun and they're always at the top of my list for best live shows I've seen.

They played a free concert at my college around then and I’ve seen them five or six times since then. They’re not as good as they were when Paul was still with them and Fred and John have had a hard time keeping two other people with them for more than a year or so but I’ll still turn out for a show. On a bad night they’ll still bring the house down.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

bird food bathtub posted:

They just absolutely do not give a gently caress at all do they?

More money for us.

gently caress you.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
I had a coworker who was once frustrated about how Trump kept doing things wrong, but things would turn out well. Markets were doing fine, problems kept being kicked successfully down the road with the threat of major repercussions but the system would always rebound. Basically that Trump keeps Mr. Magooing his way to success.

I don't work with him any more and haven't had a chance to continue to discuss this theory, but I was thinking: what of the ill-advised trade war and increased decoupling of our economy with China's reduced the economic shock of this--would this shock be smaller if it had played out longer and our economies were further disentangled. Was he right?

What if delaying action ends up making it all worse like it appears to have? As a result, we take even more time off then we would otherwise, spend more time participating in social distance, more time without the luxuries we perceive as goods and the goods we perceive as needs. Do we become more comfortable with less goods, less unnecessary travel, more working from home, more engaging in technological efficiencies and less commuting? Through this, are we becoming more mentally prepared as a society to make the sacrifices necessary to slow climate change or survive its catastrophic effects?

Am I writing pointless, logically ungrounded and overly optimistic diatribes while procrastinating? Did somebody inject some poisonous meme in my head years ago?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I wikipedia inaccurate on this, because while it's of course not a miracle drug like Fox is pushing it does seem promising:

Hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine have been recommended by Chinese and South Korean health authorities for the treatment COVID-19.[31] [32] In vitro studies have demonstrated that hydroxychloroquine is more potent than chloroquine against SARS-CoV-2 with a more tolerable safety profile.[33]

On 16 March 2020, advisor to the French Government on COVID-19, Professor Didier Raoult, announced that a non-randomized unblinded trial[34] involving 24 people from the south east of France supported the claim that hydroxychloroquine was an effective treatment for COVID-19.[35] The trial is yet to be peer-reviewed.[34] An amount of 600 mg of hydroxychloroquine was administered to these people every day for 10 days. They reported "a significant decrease in viral load".[34] The drug appeared to be responsible for a "rapid and effective speeding up of their healing process, and a sharp decrease in the amount of time they remained contagious".[36] The antibiotic azithromycin - which is known to be effective against secondary infections from bacterial lung disease - led to even better outcomes. Professor Raoult said the results showed there was "a spectacular reduction in the number of positive cases" with the combination therapy. At 6 days, among patients given combination therapy, the percentage of cases still carrying SARS-CoV-2 was no more than 5%.[37][38]

On March 17 after testing in several hospitals around Italy the Italian Pharmaceutical Agency has included hydroxychloroquine in the list of drugs with positive preliminary results for treatment of coronavirus disease 2019.[39]

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

piL posted:

I had a coworker who was once frustrated about how Trump kept doing things wrong, but things would turn out well. Markets were doing fine, problems kept being kicked successfully down the road with the threat of major repercussions but the system would always rebound. Basically that Trump keeps Mr. Magooing his way to success.

I don't work with him any more and haven't had a chance to continue to discuss this theory, but I was thinking: what of the ill-advised trade war and increased decoupling of our economy with China's reduced the economic shock of this--would this shock be smaller if it had played out longer and our economies were further disentangled. Was he right?

What if delaying action ends up making it all worse like it appears to have? As a result, we take even more time off then we would otherwise, spend more time participating in social distance, more time without the luxuries we perceive as goods and the goods we perceive as needs. Do we become more comfortable with less goods, less unnecessary travel, more working from home, more engaging in technological efficiencies and less commuting? Through this, are we becoming more mentally prepared as a society to make the sacrifices necessary to slow climate change or survive its catastrophic effects?

Am I writing pointless, logically ungrounded and overly optimistic diatribes while procrastinating? Did somebody inject some poisonous meme in my head years ago?

You should probably ration your weed better, my man.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
Guess who's not working from home for the foreseeable future, in a poorly ventilated building.

All because the IT department threw up their hands and said 'this is too hard we can't do it anyway we're working from home now bye.'

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Casimir Radon posted:

Old people dumb enough to talk to a phone pollster.

So my ex mother in law

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Current Event: I have returned to my first, best destiny.

I broke a genset today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Old Boot posted:

All because the IT department threw up their hands and said 'this is too hard we can't do it anyway we're working from home now bye.'
Though a lot of it is surely due to underfunding that C-levels deserve blame for, I've always been surprised at just how stagnant some folks who work in tech get: "We don't need to learn and implement X, because it doesn't fit our users' past use cases and it'll probably just be superseded eventually anyways, so we should just stick with the expectations we set twenty years ago."

It's like there's a switch in peoples' brains that, when flipped, sets down a marker from which everything prior is good and eternal and everything after is bad and new-fangled.