Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
*emerges from the shadows* not a chance, cornpop!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

Goon Boots posted:

It's easy. Just start a massive public works project like the country has never seen before. Take some verified uninfected unemployed people. Have them make a set of WALL for themselves for the next day and another set of WALL for a different person. Repeat this process every day, but bring in new people wearing the extra WALL. Now you have exponentially doubling WALL production. Bing bong so simple.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

bring back the CCC and treat the entirety of america as an untreated superfund site and have a wall of people walk from coast 2 coast and unfuck this mess

bring back the WPA to rebuild cities into something sustainable and have artists make them pretty

:d2a:

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Who the gently caress is Joe Biden?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Who the gently caress is Joe Biden?

he asks himself that every few hours

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

GrimGypsy posted:

lmao just wait until we have to explain to people why Climate Change is genuinely even scarier than this and is 100% going to create way worse pandemics(and other issues) if we don't solve it with the same laser focus

sounds like time I could be hitting a bong and petting my dog before the inevitable

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

ex post facho posted:

wasn't 2-3% of the earth's population disappearing the plot of the leftovers

yea but the reason it was super traumatic is no one knew why or if they were dead or if it meant god existed etc, no one got any sort of closure whatsoever

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

FAUXTON posted:

he asks himself that every few hours

*that quantum leap clip*

I'm... demented?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

GrimGypsy posted:

yeah no the panic resulting from the disease is gonna kill way more people than the disease will, the economic impact is gonna create waves of homelessness and addiction and poverty and crime and other illness unseen since the depression, not to mention brutal government policies, that kill millions and ruin millions more

but hey we saved a few thousand now and planning ahead is for nerds TUMr!

hospitals collapsing nbd

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Good soup! posted:

Lmfaoooooo feinstein

:hellyeah::blastu:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Stefan Prodan posted:

yea but the reason it was super traumatic is no one knew why or if they were dead or if it meant god existed etc, no one got any sort of closure whatsoever

wow that seems entirely analogous to today's events

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Solarin posted:

hospitals collapsing nbd

pfft, first world problems

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Stefan Prodan posted:

they also had a massive spike overwhelming their hospitals i think. cos 50% of people were driving cars when they disappeared

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
this is the guy the DNC is going to nominate

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1240711637218123777?s=20

"thoughts and prayers"

loving pathetic

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Admiral Ray posted:

Every body cavity filled with cheese, organs supported by cheez, liver processing cheez into cheeze product

fully delitized and delighted

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Jesus loving christ Biden is disgusting

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
oh hey, bright side of no social gatherings: harder to pull off a mass shooting!

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Cowpocalypse posted:

this is the guy the DNC is going to nominate

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1240711637218123777?s=20

"thoughts and prayers"

loving pathetic

We keep saying Biden is John Kerry but he’s really headed for a Walter Mondale....even a former Vice President!

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

Biden isn't worthy to get posted in the Trump thread imo, but we have to because he's the nominee

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

Bernie would have won

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
hold on, did Elizabeth Warren have a plan for pandemics?

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
I don't want decisive calls for action in the midst of a crisis, I want lovely liberal platitudes!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
oh i can just block giant gang tags that make a one sentence post take up a whole screen

why the gently caress am i just realizing this now

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Bulgakov posted:

bring back the WPA (wall progress administration) to rebuild cities into something WALL and have artists make them pretty

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

love the newly consistent j/o theme of presidential campaign logos

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

smarxist posted:

oh i can just block giant gang tags that make a one sentence post take up a whole screen

why the gently caress am i just realizing this now

idk why do you think

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

SMALL

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I found a copy of 12 Monkeys on dvd and I gotta say it's still so dang good.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

The Nastier Nate posted:

Trump 2nd term gonna be wild folks

Wait until you see the third

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

tarl

https://i.imgur.com/XGoJLS2.mp4

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Vim Fuego posted:

hold on, did Elizabeth Warren have a plan for pandemics?

I think so far it's just to suspend student loan payments and forgive 10k of them while we're talking about it I guess. Also suspend mortgages and a few other big monthly bills

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Trump suspending the elections is definitely going to happen, but it's not like Biden was going to be elected.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

Predestination is also a great time travel movie please watch it

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Predestination is also a great time travel movie please watch it

I think you mean Phenomenon with John Travolta.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Trump suspending the elections is definitely going to happen, but it's not like Biden was going to be elected.

He doesn't need to. Why not take the victory lap? He is going to love telling the story of getting 525 electoral votes.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

my second cousin once removed wrote that movie

i wish I was that cool

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/mtsw/status/1240888782053732352

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Stefan Prodan posted:

my second cousin once removed wrote that movie

i wish I was that cool

the screenplay? the credits show a guy with a lady and they share the same last name. is it a husband and wife duo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Inspector Hound posted:

"Doc and Marty," like from Back to the Future

what? that doesn't make sense. it sounds much more like "brick and mortar"