Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Brother Entropy posted:

the only consequence is revealing the moral weakness within your heart

(no, there's no consequences. with them adding in holidays and events via patches they don't really have to worry about stuff getting spoiled or w/e)

That is awesome, and I am far too weak to resist. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Peach island on my first try :smug:

First loan payment down but that doesn't mean poo poo, 5K miles was trivial and I assume it'll ramp up. Hoping I wake up tomorrow to a lot of respawned wood because goddamn are there things I want to build.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Got pears, diva, and goose with a neat height map.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Peaches, green airport, Pashmina and Coach (meh on both of them tbh).

How the hell do I get sleeves when I apply a design to a shirt? Everything I make from my designer seems to come out sleeveless when I apply it to my top.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Drone posted:

Peaches, green airport, Pashmina and Coach (meh on both of them tbh).

How the hell do I get sleeves when I apply a design to a shirt? Everything I make from my designer seems to come out sleeveless when I apply it to my top.

You can buy a upgraded design app stuff once you get nook miles+ from nook. Gives access to design short/mid/long sleeve shirts, a few dresses, robes, even hats with paintable brims

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Oh god I didn't remember there being hermit crabs :kimchi:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

explosivo posted:

You can donate to Tom, he'll give them to Blathers when he arrives.

i donated the first 5 so that blathers can set up his tent but the option to give tom any more is gone now

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I got deirdre, jay, peaches and I forgot to even register what the airport colour was. deirdre was totally annoyed with me when I wouldn't stop chatting with her lol I'm already alienating my friends! thou her constant "whatevs" are tiresome so maybe she should be thankful I'm listening to her at all! hmrf.

As a complete newbie to this franchise I wasn't sure how I'd take to it but early results are extremely positive. it's the exact game I need right now. didn't realize I'd have so much fun doing nothing!

only regret is that I didn't capitalize the first letter of my user name and it'll totally annoy me for a bit. otherwise: joy. pure joy.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

K, done for the night. I got apples (had peaches last time so can't complain), a green airport and Rocket and Flip who are an uchi gorilla and jock monkey respectively (in animalistic racism I assumed it was the opposite when I first saw them, go figure). Kinda sucks since those are two of my least favorite animal types but part of the charm of AC is letting certain villagers grow on you. Rocket was still awake when it turned to real time but Flip was passed the gently caress out in his tent. Guessing he'll be up early doing squats or something.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I have cherries, an orange airport, Fuschia the Deer, and Hamton the hamster.

Very jealous of my roommate, who got Ribbot.

Ya'll, I'm so happy I get to play this game. ;_;

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Clocks posted:

Rocket was still awake when it turned to real time but Flip was passed the gently caress out in his tent. Guessing he'll be up early doing squats or something.

Same for Flo and Antonio respectively. Iirc, villagers have bedtimes according to their personality types? Maybe?

'cause you gotta get pretty of sleep for those muscles bro

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Managed to get peaches, good rivers, but meh villagers (some bad monkey and jock goat). Game's cozy and good right from the start, the graphics bump is pretty amazing, played until I got my house, tool ring, and first inventory expansion then called it a day. Nook Miles + is amazing for people like me who just wanna play Five More Minutes.

also dunno if anyone posted about it yet, thread moving fast, but there's free rug DLC if you're a NSO subscriber in the eshop.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Oh, and before I go off for the night, my favorite small touch was the breeze through the trees. I don't know if it's always like that (that would be pretty realistic for islands) but it's such a nice atmospheric touch.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Man. The AC nostalgia hit me like a truck. I drat near almost cried when they all clapped for my town name.

Finished all the first day stuff, I think. Collected 5 fish to get Blathers, got enough Nook miles to pay off my house. Got all the weeds from the accessible parts without the vaulting pole, went more in debt for a house upgrade. All is good.

e: Oh, I got plucky and Buck. Buck went to sleep, but man - I think I love Plucky.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

why do people care so much about peaches

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop
I got a built-in island in the middle of my island, perfect to make it my mansion island later!

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

romanowski posted:

why do people care so much about peaches
Have you ever seen Call Me By Your Name?

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Fritzler posted:

Have you ever seen Call Me By Your Name?

drat you can do that in this game?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I love this game.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The beaches have little holes with bubbles that shoot out occasionally. I'm guessing we can dig up gooeyducks or something later?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

First impressions are good, but yeah I hate the durability a lot! Stop putting it in games please!

After two hours Marlen island
*Has Blathers on the way
*House is paid off, earned a total of 9,000 miles. Also bought the better tools thing but no iron so woops
*16-17 insects fish waiting for Bird to arrive. Got wasp and 2 tarantulas so scorpions are the only violent assholes I need
*Phoebe and Roald are my Friends

It's good but god the starting area is way way too tiny. I can't wait to get the vaulting pole or ability to make bridges and whatnot.

HyperHopper
Aug 12, 2011

The Diggle Commandos need you! Are you brave enough to join the Diggle Commandos?

Does anybody know of a good way to tell where bridges would be? top left looks like a good island, but bad bridges could ruin it pretty easily, might do top right instead.

Also why does everybody want peaches?

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012
Spent longer than I expected resetting because I kept getting a terrible villager, or like... two bears, or two birds, and I wanted a bit of variety, come on, game! Finally ended up with the island of Sunberry, Cherry the dog and Kody the bear, and cherries as my fruit. Think I got an okay-ish layout? Caught both the wasps that chased after me, surprising myself with my non-rusty net skillz. Managed to get Blathers tent all set up, but now I desperately need sleep.

Hopefully Sunberry will be open for fruit tradin' before too long!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

By the way Tarantulas aren't poo poo. They work like they do in the old game, just pull your net out and slowly walk to them. If it rears up stop and wait for it to sit back down. Then inch closer and closer. It'll never chase you or get pissed as long as you're slow and they sell for 8k

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

HyperHopper posted:

Does anybody know of a good way to tell where bridges would be? top left looks like a good island, but bad bridges could ruin it pretty easily, might do top right instead.

Well at the start, there are no bridges, so any place beyond the rivers from where your airport/resident services plaza are is inaccessible. From what I've read, within a few days you get a pole that lets you vault over rivers whenever you want, and building bridges (that you place yourself) comes later still.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I just caught my tarantula as it jumped at me. :cool:

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I reset eight or ten times trying to get cherries, my first ever fruit back on the GC. I gave up and settled with apples (never had them before), blue airport, and Tammy and Tank.

Got Blathers and a new house waiting for me tomorrow, if I can make it through the workday.

feels good to be crossing animals again

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

PancakeTransmission posted:

I got a built-in island in the middle of my island, perfect to make it my mansion island later!

Looking at your picture, I thought I got the exact same island as you. It is a tiny bit different, but very, very close.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I have apples, an orange airport, and my first two villagers are Mac and Ursula.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Gangtag Cut-off Warning :siren:

You have 36 hours from time of this post to request this fantabulous gangtag

After that you need to buy it yourself.

Remember to say 'please' when doing so, or imma probe you.

Cool, I’d like one please.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Visitor NPCs are more involved now. I've gotten Gulliver and Wisp so far and both had a little mini-quest to collect 5 items before they coughed up something

I am now the proud owner of the Leaning tower of Pisa and an Oil Drum

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

I haven't played Animal Crossing since it came out on Gamecube, I can't believe it's been almost 20 years. It's been bringing back memories of playing Gamecube back as a child. I got Sylvia and Sterling as villagers, they seem pretty chill.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

HyperHopper posted:

The bridges go wherever you decide to place them.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Kiwillian posted:

Does anyone know when or how the airport opens? And also, how do I get a spade?

On the 2nd day. You get the shovel and vaulting pole once Blathers moves on to the island.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

What a great first night. I loved roaming around my island at night, just relaxing, catching fish and bugs and listening to the music.

I rerolled maybe 4 or 5 times. Mostly to get an island I was really happy with. Ended up having an "island within an island" map which I think is fun, got Flo and Genji, cherries, and a yellow airport. Not so sure I'm a fan of the yellow airport but happy enough with everything else.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

BEEF

I pulled this cute little number out of a balloon present. I think I've seen three in just one hour, so the frequency has increased it seems (didn't they only fly by once per hour in New Leaf?)

enojy fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Mar 20, 2020

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Very much an outsider to the franchise: played a bit on GCN a hundred years ago but that's it really

Just sat on the couch with friends for hours just squeezing as much out of night 1 as possible and now I can't wait to wake up to my new house and a the mail order garbage I bought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Tool Ring is a little awkward. Hold up on the D-Pad and at the same time also use the left control stick to choose? edit: ohhhh you dont have to hold it, duh

aaaaa bit by a big spider

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Mar 20, 2020