Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Gangtag Cut-off Warning :siren:

You have 36 hours from time of this post to request this fantabulous gangtag

After that you need to buy it yourself.

Remember to say 'please' when doing so, or imma probe you.

I would very much like this gangtag, please :pray:

e: Hell of a snipe. Patiently getting my work done today so I can grab my copy of the game before the inevitable surprise lockdown hits...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

How the heck do you grab those

My wife and I founded Gooboria this morning, a land of blue airports, cherry trees, penguins in parkas and blue reindeer. This appears good to me as my first AC ever

Now to wait out armageddon

You need a slingshot and some stones (that you can get by whacking a rock with your axe).

cats
May 11, 2009

Diephoon posted:

How soon can you cross rivers? I picked an island with a smaller island in the middle and right now I can only access about 40% of the island at large :nyoron:

e: lol same

What I'm reading is you need to unlock the net/fishing rod recipes and catch 5 fish/bugs. Then you pick a spot for the museum, and on the next day Blathers appears. He will give you the recipe for the vaulting pole. It costs another 30,000 bells to move your tent.

I've never time traveled before but I really want to get the setup done...

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Frankston posted:

You need a slingshot and some stones (that you can get by whacking a rock with your axe).

Thank you for having the spirit of kindness

Now to whack whack whack when I get off work

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I got the vaulting pole and uh

I was only really walking around 30% of my map and it was about the same size as my town in New Leaf.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

So can you get the recipes from someone else's Blathers or do you need to wait for him to move in? I feel dumb for not just slapping his tent down somewhere last night now. :(

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Kyrosiris posted:

So can you get the recipes from someone else's Blathers or do you need to wait for him to move in? I feel dumb for not just slapping his tent down somewhere last night now. :(
I assume you can't, but it might be worth a shot. Way to not grind everything out before 5 AM last night :(

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Infinitum posted:

Not sure if I'm too late, but if not, I'd very much enjoy one of these. Please and thank you!

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

He doesn't sell you the recipes, it's related to the "story" of your island.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Infinitum posted:

If I'm not too late can I please be a racoon goon.

I got peaches on my first try.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

badjohny posted:

Any goons streaming? I am stuck at work because I am "essential".

Same 😭
And I fell asleep early last night and woke up late so I am just counting down the hours until I can cross my animals hard

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Just bought it on my lunch break and brought my switch in to play and while I’m miffed I have pears, it’s not the end of the world.

Can’t believe I never thought to follow this thread earlier, aaaaaa I’m so psyched to finish the intro

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

History Comes Inside! posted:

Did you have to remake the pattern or is the companion app for uploading codes available yet?

I scanned it with the app. You need the Nintendo Switch Online app and not some kind of separate Animal Crossing app.

I went and made a hoodie with a cut off and a backpatch and I already feel cool as hell :kimchi:

Maxy Boy
Sep 7, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Gang tag me up please sir.

This game is incredible. At first I thought it would be boring but it's the perfect isolation distraction.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

LODGE NORTH posted:

He doesn't sell you the recipes, it's related to the "story" of your island.

Well rats. Either chronological fuckery or patience for me, I guess.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Infinitum posted:

May i please have this awesome gang tag? Took today off from work and heading out to best buy in a bit for some sweet sweet AC with the bell bag.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Infinitum posted:

Could I get in on this please?

This game is awesome so far by the way. Chill times and got apples my third try. :cool:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I got oranges, which tickled me a bit because I also got oranges in my first Animal Crossing file

18 years ago

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Timeless Appeal posted:

Hey--So, I'm going to start playing with my wife today on the same console, but I have a couple of questions that I've been a bit confused by.

1) Can we share a house or do we each automatically get set up with our own tent? Can we upgrade one tent as a house to share and also maintain a tent?

2) When we play together, can we label the other as a bestfriend?

Also very curious about this. My wife saw me playing and wants to give it a try, so I stopped playing for now because I don’t want to do all the fun starting stuff and leave her with nothing.

Anyone have anything to say about the experience of sharing Animal Crossing? I’ve only ever played solo.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

https://twitter.com/nintendouk/status/1240991864372822017

Yes! YES!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i donked up and didn't realize i could donate stuff to nook last night, so now i'm gonna be a day behind on getting blathers and the final tools. heck.

at least my look is on point

https://twitter.com/saboyland/status/1240985522320707584?s=19

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Do sticks on the floor reset daily? I hit the limit of using/breaking tools real fast with no sticks to craft new ones with.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

stev posted:

Do sticks on the floor reset daily? I hit the limit of using/breaking tools real fast with no sticks to craft new ones with.

Pretty sure you can shake trees as much as you want and sticks will keep falling unlike the previous games since you need stuff to craft in this one.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

stev posted:

Have you shook the trees? They drop sticks sometimes

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

I am not at all a morning person. After staying up past midnight last night playing I just woke up at 6:30am and wanted nothing more than to grab my switch and start my day on my island.

I haven't felt this way about a game in a long, long time. Thankfully I'm working from home and can check in on my island life throughout the day today.

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009

stev posted:

Have you tried shaking trees? That produces new sticks.

Seabhac
Sep 12, 2009
If I plant flowers around my tent will I lose them when it's upgraded?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I thought I'd shaken all the trees and don't remember seeing sticks. I shall shake them once more.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Bottled up the game to check my fruit. Every AC game I’ve played I’ve always gotten peaches :psyduck:

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Rabelais D posted:

There's so many unskippable dialogue prompts it's crazy, like each time I want to show Tom nook something or use his bench I have to press extra buttons and wait for no reason. Maybe I shouldn't expect time-saving convenience in a time-sink genre?

Or...perhaps I am just not chill enough for this game

There’s actually way less unavoidable repeat dialogue in this game compared to the previous ones, and they’ve added so many time savers. Like I‘m thrilled with how quickly I can enter and exit buildings. Before, every time you entered or exited a building there was unavoidable talking from the person inside.

Also only fruit and bells stacked in the last game and you had to manually stack the fruit and manually move bells from your inventory to your bell bag.

Pretty much back in my day we had to walk up a hill both ways to get to school etc etc

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Seymour Buttz posted:

Also only fruit and bells stacked in the last game and you had to manually stack the fruit and manually move bells from your inventory to your bell bag.

I am so happy about the stacking. Picked up 99 weeds

Undocumented Gamer
Jan 9, 2019
Gangtag please!?

Ive spent too much time making pictures but i want more.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
my island has peaches and my starters are Antonio and Phoebe, I already win animal crossing

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Never played AC before. Didn't know there were different villagers, islands, fruit, etc. so I have a zebra and an anteater with pears. Played some so far but I can't tell if there's anything for me to do beyond wait right now.

- Waiting for my house to be built
- Waiting for museum guy to arrive
- I couldn't get the balloon present
- There's shiny stuff in the ground I don't have a shovel for
- I have tons of wood but nothing new to make

Am I just supposed to run around in circles doing the same stuff I've been doing for no real reason?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Damnit, I thought giving Nook one fish was enough for him to bring Blathers in because he mentioned it, if we needed to do 5 my gf's going to be upset when she gets up :(

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

stev posted:

I thought I'd shaken all the trees and don't remember seeing sticks. I shall shake them once more.

They seemingly refresh or something? I'm not sure on the time or things you have to do to make it refresh, but I shook a tree four times in a row and a stick fell out the first two times and then the last.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

i think i'm ready for the museum to open tomorrow

lucked out and planted a money tree already

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

explosivo posted:

Damnit, I thought giving Nook one fish was enough for him to bring Blathers in because he mentioned it, if we needed to do 5 my gf's going to be upset when she gets up :(

I'm bummed out that I gave nook my freshly caught wasp because now I'll never know what Blathers had to say about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

triplexpac posted:

Also very curious about this. My wife saw me playing and wants to give it a try, so I stopped playing for now because I don’t want to do all the fun starting stuff and leave her with nothing.

Anyone have anything to say about the experience of sharing Animal Crossing? I’ve only ever played solo.

I don't know specifics for this game but a new character is going to have their own house, it's an integral part of the game. I'm guessing recipes aren't shared, though you can buy or find recipes and give them to someone else rather than read them yourself. (Helpful since you may have already read them)

I get the impression that, much like only the first player character in New Leaf is declared Mayor for no adequately explained reason, only the first character on the island in New Horizons is made the Island Rep, though we don't know if they're the only one who can do things like pick out locations for new buildings and such.