Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

D-LINK posted:

He's the undisputed greatest ever, but he's not a top 10 QB anymore. And he certainly isn't gonna finish top 5 as that poster thinks lol

I didn't say he'd be the 4th-6th best QB in the league, but given the overall passing game talent he'll be playing with, I expect he'll wind up there stats wise.

IDK if you've looked around the league but it's mostly poo poo QBs and weak teams. Mahomes is gonna dominate, Lamar will be up there, let's say Brees has another good year, Wilson is great, presume Watson somehow maintains good stats despite the current Bill O'Briening of the Texans... what other team has the QB + receiver combination to put up better stats than the Bucs this year? Maybe Dak? Maybe Kyler puts up a great sophomore year? If all the maybes happen, sure, Brady winds up outside the top 6. In a realistic situation where everything doesn't go right for everyone else, he's throwing to so much talent that he's probably going to wind up ranked up there.

I also think you're dramatically underrating the impact the terrible play around him had on Brady last year. When he had anything at all to work with, he looked like an OK QB. When everyone around him was injured or UDFA-tier, he looked like poo poo, but what immobile QB doesn't in that situation? Yes, half the plays he wasn't throwing catchable balls, because half the plays he was literally throwing the ball away after 2 seconds because his blind side was basically unblocked and a bunch of injured and/or lovely receivers couldn't get open or even face the right direction. He threw a good number of uncatchable balls to guys that were open, but he's been doing that for years. He'll be a bit worse again this year, but it's not likely enough to stop him putting up very good stats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
The season will be shortened thanks to The Virus and the playoffs and super bowl will fit snuggly in the window before his arm falls off. This is Hell, how have you not learned?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

kiimo posted:

I give it 18 months before Tom Terrific joins Scientology down there

Oh yeah. They’re 100% moving to Clearwater.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28927076/sources-nfl-teams-put-coronavirus-clauses-deals

LOL

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1240761430493847552?s=20

lol

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Hey he's a rocket scientist who coached under Bill Belichik!

The makings of a great leader

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I swear to God these idiots have some kind of brain disease.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

I mean... I wouldn't want my players hanging out Aqib Talib either.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Who would guess Mike Vrabel would be the best hire of all the coaches that year

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I swear to God these idiots have some kind of brain disease.

Coach Brain

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I would watch the exact opposite of this.

https://twitter.com/espnpr/status/1240715428789465090?s=21

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’m excited to hear in 2022 what Flores says to Byron Jones in 2021

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

OxySnake posted:

How the might have fallen.

Gone are the days of the "Clay Maker" here are the days of the "Pay taker."

I'm curious about this, I didnt see him play but at a glance his stats weren't terrible and his contract was pretty light.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Tom Brady could never.

https://twitter.com/FB_FilmAnalysis/status/1240802084015886336?s=19

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Jemeis throws such a goshdarn pretty ball, shame he can't tell which team he's supposed to throw it to

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/there-...320-p54c2x.html

:australia:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

2018 QB class owns.

https://twitter.com/grahambarfield/status/1240770134030999552?s=21

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised of ODB just wasnt in the right spot.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Chichevache posted:

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised of ODB just wasnt in the right spot.

Cleveland isn't the right spot for anyone.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

I give it like A 50 50 chance that Winston's only problem was that he couldn't loving see and that he's going to be the uncontested league mvp next year for whatever random rear end team takes a flier on him.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Imagine discouraging a player from trying to learn from the best players at their position. Like you do know your job, right?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

If he says he got it from the Pats locker room he could trade it to Matt Patricia for like a 7th.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Matt Patricia is the shittiest coach in the league and I hate him.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Eifert Posting posted:

I give it like A 50 50 chance that Winston's only problem was that he couldn't loving see and that he's going to be the uncontested league mvp next year for whatever random rear end team takes a flier on him.

It's going to be the Steelers and he will Charlie Batch/Byron Leftwich his way into the starting job on a backloaded contract for when Ben retires. Life is hell and my QB will be an unlikeable rapist for eternity

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

C-Euro posted:

Matt Patricia is the shittiest coach in the league and I hate him.

Didnt BoB trade the best player on his team two days ago?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Chichevache posted:

Didnt BoB trade the best player on his team two days ago?

There's a case to be made that Slay was the best player on the Lions roster, especially if Stafford never fully recovers from his back issues!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
BoB is stupid.

I'm starting to suspect Patricia is malicious.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

D-LINK posted:

It's going to be the Steelers and he will Charlie Batch/Byron Leftwich his way into the starting job on a backloaded contract for when Ben retires. Life is hell and my QB will be an unlikeable rapist for eternity

Don't the Steelers have like $0 to spend this off-season?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Android Apocalypse posted:

BoB is stupid.

I'm starting to suspect Patricia is malicious.

Patrica is just doing his best Belichick impersonation like all his other former coordinators.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Jamies does throw a nice ball, but he throws em right at the other team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhfpQcL1ETc

yowza

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
It's kind of funny too that Vrabel seems to be doing all right, but he came out of New England as a player and not a member of the coaching staff.

What I'm saying is the next big coaching prospect will be Jerod Mayo.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Matt Patricia is stupid, a rapist, and has a terrible win loss record but apparently you need four strikes against you to get fired as white former Pats coach

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
At this point I want them to get rid of Stafford so I can just rage quit the team.

I survived the Millen years, from start to finish, and these two loving clowns are going to be the ones that finally do it.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Vrabel is a nice dude who legitimately cares about his players and has charisma which are things most Patriots coordinators don't have

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Knowing what I know about Tom Brady, his dorky sense of dad humor would absolutely love playing for a team with a giant pirate ship in their stadium.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I know the Lions are horribly run but how could anyone look at Patricia's body of work and think that guy is the guy I want running my team, and then double down on it after hiring him and seeing how lovely he's done. I can't think of a more obvious looking failure hire than him in recent memory and that includes the guy who stood next to McVay

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Nodoze posted:

I know the Lions are horribly run but how could anyone look at Patricia's body of work and think that guy is the guy I want running my team, and then double down on it after hiring him and seeing how lovely he's done. I can't think of a more obvious looking failure hire than him in recent memory and that includes the guy who stood next to McVay

Let's all remember how the Lions didn't do any kind of background check on him

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Conveniently missing the 3 best Super Bowls he played in? :thunk:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Nodoze posted:

When Bob Quinn was hired as GM I think it was an open secret that he was going to hire Patricia sooner or later, and nothing was going to stop him. Honestly they should both be gone at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/Buccaneers/status/1240982893616340992?s=19