Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STAC Goat posted:

I did a quick search and this kind of feels like the closest thing to it starting to come together. But I don't think there was ever any real follow through. I think maybe Jarrett left for WWF soon after?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOra3nshTfw

It might have been totally separate from the Pillman/Benoit "Apocalypse" stuff though and maybe its just something I connected because I was waiting for that anti-Horsemen group.

It was, Pillman was in the WWF at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

MassRafTer posted:

It was, Pillman was in the WWF at this point.

Yeah, obviously. But I meant that like the separate ideas might not have been any kind of connected booking idea but rather that I just spent so long wanting to see "Apocalypse" that when I saw the Debra thing I made a connection that wasn't true. I always remember the Debra thing as the aborted attempt at the idea but like... in hindsight it seems like they might have just been 2 or 3 separate ideas I grouped together as one long "lost in production hell" idea.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I blatantly stole this from somebody, who I sadly can't remember, from way earlier in the thread. It just popped in my head. Sorry, forgotten poster :ohdear:

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Daffney was always good :colbert:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

David Flair going on TV just wearing whatever t-shirt was on top of the pile was great

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

one of the most puzzling moments in bryan and vinny's TNA reviews was the two of them being completely and utterly baffled that anyone finds Daffney attractive

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Bryan and Vinny bad.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Alaois posted:

one of the most puzzling moments in bryan and vinny's TNA reviews was the two of them being completely and utterly baffled that anyone finds Daffney attractive

that really confused me when i was listening through their TNA episodes. like, do you have eyes

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Daffney is a very nice person and could do a rana, but she was bad at pretty much everything else. She was better than David Flair though.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

that really confused me when i was listening through their TNA episodes. like, do you have eyes

Bryan was at least like, i dunno conciliatory? when he said "I understand that some people enjoy her 'thing'" but Vinny said "that's impossible"

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lodi, Charles Robinson and Dale Torborg just chillin' at a baseball game

incredible, albeit unintentional, foreshadowing

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Randaconda posted:

incredible, albeit unintentional, foreshadowing

I want to read their 10 ways to revitalize the WWF

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Mar 20, 2020

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

overmind2000 posted:

I want to read their 10 ways to revitalize the WWF

You know it's bad when even the kayfabe magazines are calling Vince out

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

On the Daffney talk:

I just looked at her wikipedia page and it turns out that she is older than me. For some reason this unsettles me. I dunno why, but I thought she was younger.

Oh, and seconding the fact that she was always gorgeous in WCW.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Daffney is a very nice person and could do a rana, but she was bad at pretty much everything else. She was better than David Flair though.

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad about having your bad opinion.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
All MRT's opinions are actually facts, you should be aware of this.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The Daffney cultist has logged on

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Speaking as a Daffney Dude myself, I have to admit that most of my Dudeness came from her run in TNA. Shout out to her stuff with Abyss and Dr. Stevie.

But, I just watched a match of hers in the WCW against Crowbar (for the Cruiserweight Title, I think?) and I’ll have Mr. T know that not only did she perform a “rana” (aka Franken-Screamer), but she also pulled off a DDT, a Spear AND an Atomic Wedgie.

So suck it old man.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Daffney is still gorgeous. Let’s not lie.

David Flair is a cop now IIRC.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
He always wanted to be a cop and was pressured into trying wrestling. I'm pretty sure David Arquette's character in Ready to Rumble was partly a rib on David Flair.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

He always wanted to be a cop and was pressured into trying wrestling. I'm pretty sure David Arquette's character in Ready to Rumble was partly a rib on David Flair.

My understanding is he went into it to try and be closer to his dad.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

My understanding is he went into it to try and be closer to his dad.

Worked great for Reid.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Worked great for Reid.

Poor guy got buried!

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
It's been forever since I listened to the B&V TNA stuff, but I always thought their issue was that she screamed a lot and was annoying, not that she was unattractive.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Just wanted to point out that this thread has been around for longer now than WCW had been dead when the thread was started.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

disaster pastor posted:

Just wanted to point out that this thread has been around for longer now than WCW had been dead when the thread was started.
In another two years it'll have been around longer than WCW.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

There is always something new about WCW.

This knowledge will be handed down for generations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Admiral Joeslop posted:

it pretty much has to because outside of the Observers, the largest repository of WCW history is WWE and they're too busy trying to figure out how to deepfake Sports Entertainment whenever someone says wrestling.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Here's one:

https://twitter.com/WCWWorldwide/status/1229437951639216128?s=20

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 25, 2020

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Today is the 19-year anniversary of the final Nitro

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Better Than You posted:

Today is the 19-year anniversary of the final Nitro

The saddest night in the history of our sport.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Let's commemorate this occasion by watching clips of Vince putting his jacket on and insulting WCW and its fans.

btw watch raw next week guys!!

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
This Brian Pillman apocalypse group involving Benoit, Malenko, Regal, Wright and Jericho seems like a fever dream created by late 30s wrestling’s fans.

Wcw would have hosed it up by having the nwo come out and bury both groups 3 weeks into the angle and then have Buff pin pillman to open one of those B ppvs that Hogan never bothered to show up at.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

The American Dream posted:

This Brian Pillman apocalypse group involving Benoit, Malenko, Regal, Wright and Jericho seems like a fever dream created by late 30s wrestling’s fans.

Wcw would have hosed it up by having the nwo come out and bury both groups 3 weeks into the angle and then have Buff pin pillman to open one of those B ppvs that Hogan never bothered to show up at.

I remember fantasy booking a revived 4 Horsemen with Flair, Benoit, Bryan Clark, and Eddie.

The thought being that Benoit or Clark would be the Enforcer the other tagging with Eddie.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Nystral posted:

I remember fantasy booking a revived 4 Horsemen with Flair, Benoit, Bryan Clark, and Eddie.

The thought being that Benoit or Clark would be the Enforcer the other tagging with Eddie.

I was sure Starrcade 99 would be Benoit vs Flair in the main event.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

I was sure Starrcade 99 would be Benoit vs Flair in the main event.

Probably would have been a good match, at least. Flair could still have a good match then.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcQqLQvl970

featuring surprisingly coherent grandpa Sid

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Figured I might as well post this in here too.

I've started a little channel on youtube, just to post some old wrestling stuff since there's no new wrestling happening currently.

I'm uploading some old Mid-Atlantic Wrestling episodes from 81 and 82. Mid-Atlantic is what would in 1986 turn into NWA Pro and then later WCW Pro.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT205hrrP-OuPGHmIzOEYNA/videos

It is a pro-click if you like Bob Caudle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS