Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Discendo Vox posted:

Do make note of the BeforeIPlay pages for Watch Dogs and AC 3 and Revelations. All of these games are...rough, to put it mildly.

I pre-ordered watch dogs and didnt even finish the first mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

webmeister posted:

Timely reminder that AC3 is comfortably the worst one.
Liberation. Or the AC3 DLCs.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

My Spirit Otter posted:

I pre-ordered watch dogs and didnt even finish the first mission.

I love how the description for the Complete Edition on the Epic Store notes "Experience Watch_Dogs - the phenomenon of 2014 - with the biggest edition ever!". That is almost as ridiculous as "Aiden Pearce's Iconic Cap".

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I thought watch dogs was ok. Protagonist is loving boring but it had some neat ideas.

Like any Ubi IP i assume the later ones are better.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

dogstile posted:

I thought watch dogs was ok. Protagonist is loving boring but it had some neat ideas.

Like any Ubi IP i assume the later ones are better.

Watch Dogs 2 is such an improvement, it’s bizarre.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Discendo Vox posted:

Do make note of the BeforeIPlay pages for Watch Dogs and AC 3 and Revelations. All of these games are...rough, to put it mildly.

Yeah, BeforeIPlay said something like "Are you sure you want to play this and aren't thinking of the second one?". I wanted to enjoy it, and kind of liked those QR codes you had to line up in the environment, but pretty much hated everything else. I love huge world collectathons and driving around (Mad Max was great for me) but WD1was dire.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Mierenneuker posted:

I love how the description for the Complete Edition on the Epic Store notes "Experience Watch_Dogs - the phenomenon of 2014 - with the biggest edition ever!". That is almost as ridiculous as "Aiden Pearce's Iconic Cap".

Well it was a phenomenal letdown so they aren't exactly lying.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
i like the part of Watch_Dogs where u can just drop into anyones game 2 force them to play HIde & seek with u

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

This game is a gem IMO. A little weird and maybe not for everyone but I think it was criminally underhyped on Steam. Absolutely check it out for free! And if you like it and your money's good , maybe gift a Steam copy to a friend, I know I will

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Hat Thoughts posted:

i like the part of Watch_Dogs where u can just drop into anyones game 2 force them to play HIde & seek with u

I only played 2 but the MP integration is really, really good. Having someone either randomly hacking you or randomly helping you(by blowing everything up) is a great way to make a sandbox even more chaotic.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Rogue is still the best Assassin's Creed as far as I'm concerned. Ben Franklin and his gift of a high power air rifle with under slung grenade launcher won me over.

Watch Dogs is... meh. Mechanically sound but holy crap every character is absolutely a terrible piece of poo poo. I can see maybe what they were trying to do with the writing, but it falls short by a county mile.

Always wanted to try Stanley Parable, just never got around to it.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

re: asscreed: O is anyone else having an issue where after launching from Steam, uplay goes "hm, no"?

"Unable to start the game. This product cannot be activated right now, please try again later."

probably related to whatever this bit they posted is referring to.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Zushio posted:

Always wanted to try Stanley Parable, just never got around to it.
No time like the present!

I played around with it for a while and enjoyed it. Very meta.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The Stanley Parable was pretty fun and it was fun to figure out what you could do to affect what the narrator would say.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cojawfee posted:

The Stanley Parable was pretty fun and it was fun to figure out what you could do to affect what the narrator would say.

My favorite bit was realizing there was a whole string of things for if you started cheating in the console

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

FFT posted:

re: asscreed: O is anyone else having an issue where after launching from Steam, uplay goes "hm, no"?

"Unable to start the game. This product cannot be activated right now, please try again later."

I had it complain about not being able to reach the ubi servers when I restarted to change settings yesterday. Wouldn't let me into the game until I alt-f4'd and restarted uplay. Or it just lasted a few minutes, not sure which. Was fine after that.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

FFT posted:

When it comes to UBI stuff I tend to just go straight to Uplay to buy it unless its on a major deal elsewhere, since Steam will be launching Uplay anyway.

Zushio
May 8, 2008

FFT posted:

No time like the present!

I played around with it for a while and enjoyed it. Very meta.

I mean yes, but also Doom Eternal. :thunk:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Zushio posted:

I mean yes, but also Doom Eternal. :thunk:

Is it free?

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Looks like Tomb Raider and Drawful 2 are soon to be free on steam for a bit, and Temple of Osiris is free now.

Hollandia fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Mar 20, 2020

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Hollandia posted:

Looks like Tomb Raider and Drawful 2 are soon to be free on steam for a bit, and Temple of Osiris is free now.

None of these appear free for me. (Greece region)

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Looks like I jumped the gun and they’re free from tomorrow sometime.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Mable and The Wood is free on GOG for the next couple of days.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Hollandia posted:

Looks like I jumped the gun and they’re free from tomorrow sometime.

Drawful 2 has indeed appeared as free now on Steam

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

https://itch.io/c/757294/games-to-help-you-stay-inside

Itch launched a whole feature for the developers who are doing virus sales. And you can always tip the creators even if it's $0 :)

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
More Steam freebies! Deiland! Headsnatchers! Yes.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Tomb Raider 2013 is free on Steam.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Goddamn this thread loving rules. Can't believe it took me this long to subscribe!!

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

The Squenix store is also giving away steam codes for Tomb Raider 2013
https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/604614/tomb-raider-game-of-the-year-steam

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Ben Prunty is temporarily making his discography (FTL, Into the Breach, etc.) available on Bandcamp at pay-what-you-want, which includes zero.

This is music, not a game, but IMO belongs in this thread.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Ignis posted:

The Squenix store is also giving away steam codes for Tomb Raider 2013
https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/604614/tomb-raider-game-of-the-year-steam

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

social distancing :eng101:

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Why would anyone wait in a digital line with key resellers and bots when they can just click a button on steam to add the game?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

If you can't simply click the add to your account button on Steam right now, you deserve to take extra steps to get your copy of Tomb Raider :colbert:

Maybe it comes with all the DLC? But that's 95% multiplayer stuff or cheat DLC, with one short piece of single player content.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah the DLC is completely inconsequential to that game, and it's probably my favourite of the new trilogy.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Thanks everyone, for making us aware of this free poo poo.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Lara Croft & the Temple of Osiris is also free, both on Steam and the Squeenix store

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

That is another great game, and a criminally underrated one. I wish they'd done more in that style.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

:lol: tried to get the GOTY key of Tom Braider 2013 from the SE store so I could also get the DLCs. And after waiting in line for 6 minutes it let me purchase it, but now it's been half an hour and my key is still "being processed".

Thanks for putting a queue system in your site and then still not being able to handle the load, SE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Worth noting there's a lot of parts of the Internet that are on fire right now. Steam is starting to have issues as well.