Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Any rules on posting this in other threads? Saw some people with money and needing money in the tattoo thread but didn't want to overload things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I feel like moving this site-wide would open up more donors and expose people to leftist mutualism

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Flavius Aetass posted:

I feel like moving this site-wide would open up more donors and expose people to leftist mutualism

Helping more people because it's the right thing to do? I don't think so. Obviously we need to implement goon means testing.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Is that like a sliding scale based on bodyweight?

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Beans testing

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

the means testing for food stamps in my state, since brownback in 2010, has meant that you can't get food stamps if:

a) you are not working at least 25 hrs a week
or
b) you do not prove to the state that you have searched for jobs enough that you can reasonably say you have spent 25 hrs on the endeavor, and have not refused any work offered in that time. -any- work

i got denied in a time of grief and extreme need in 2011, because a temp agency i worked with in order to get a call center job offered $10/hr hard labor every week

so basically gently caress means testing

and also, to donors: thank you for your solidarity, this fund (and a couple random goons in the bernie thread, you know who you are, thank you) has saved me from eviction for fees both great and small that i couldnt afford, and kept my p cheap bottom-tier residential internet on

may your lives reciprocate the relief you have created; may your actions serve as an example to others; may mutual aid win the 20s

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

taqueso posted:

Is that like a sliding scale based on bodyweight?

Yeah, it's like a buffet where you're charged based on your weight

Deathlove posted:

Any rules on posting this in other threads? Saw some people with money and needing money in the tattoo thread but didn't want to overload things.

Flavius Aetass posted:

I am up for suggestions, I'm fine with it being posted site-wide, or mentioned in threads where people who many not frequent CSPAM congregated, but that has resulted in negative feedback and trolling before which killed the first iteration.

So, discuss...

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Maybe people could just keep an eye out for posters that look like they're hurting and pm them or something.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

I think it has a nice home here and I like Inceltowns idea

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Plinkey posted:

Yeah, it's like a buffet where you're charged based on your weight

I am up for suggestions, I'm fine with it being posted site-wide, or mentioned in threads where people who many not frequent CSPAM congregated, but that has resulted in negative feedback and trolling before which killed the first iteration.

So, discuss...

Gotta lose 50lbs to get any money from Goonfund.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Joke's on you, I coulda lost 100lbs.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Inceltown posted:

Maybe people could just keep an eye out for posters that look like they're hurting and pm them or something.

Sir, would you like me to PM you? Everyone is CSPAM is hurting.

I agree with what you meant.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Peanut Butler posted:

may your lives reciprocate the relief you have created; may your actions serve as an example to others; may mutual aid win the 20s

gorgeous energies here

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

RandomBlue posted:

Sir, would you like me to PM you? Everyone is CSPAM is hurting.

I agree with what you meant.

Good luck pm'ing me I don't have plat. Sucker.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
gently caress

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Inceltown posted:

Good luck pm'ing me I don't have plat. Sucker.

i'll send you random blue's email address, it's cool

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Plinkey posted:

i'll send you random blue's email address, it's cool

pm it to me

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Inceltown posted:

pm it to me

how

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I don't actually want Plinkey's email so I was making a joke. Fun fact though if you don't have plat you can still allow users to pm you, you just get an email instead.

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
City of Glompton found and read(s?) my Quarantine Diary thread in PMF and sent me this way when I started noticing how woefully underprepared for an emergency I was as a just in case and I bookmarked it immediately both for when i inevitably went full oliver twist please “sir may i have some pizza rolls” and also so that when i get to go back to burying dead people and making a regular paycheck, I can throw money into the fund.

This is an ambien fueled way of saying that word of mouth deffo does work round here.

I must go sleep now. Donate to goon fund and tell your friends and family to donate or I will manifest under their bed, coughing.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
A pizza roll for every goon

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

50s girl groupon posted:

City of Glompton found and read(s?) my Quarantine Diary thread in PMF and sent me this way when I started noticing how woefully underprepared for an emergency I was as a just in case and I bookmarked it immediately both for when i inevitably went full oliver twist please “sir may i have some pizza rolls” and also so that when i get to go back to burying dead people and making a regular paycheck, I can throw money into the fund.

This is an ambien fueled way of saying that word of mouth deffo does work round here.

I must go sleep now. Donate to goon fund and tell your friends and family to donate or I will manifest under their bed, coughing.

:henget:

hope you get some good rest

i encouraged Mr Glompton to increase our donation a few days ago and have not been visited by a roni manifestation under our bed so can confirm the system works :eng101:

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Inceltown posted:

Sounds fine. I welcome the idea of spreading the news but people have been huge assholes about it because they recoil at cspam

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I’ve started giving 15bux for the apocalypse. Stay safe goons!

Wendell_T_Stamps
Nov 26, 2017

COOOOOOOOODYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Just went in for 10. Keep up the good work, Plink.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks, to all of you, especially you, you know who you are.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

RandomBlue posted:

Gotta lose 50lbs to get any money from Goonfund.

RandomBlue posted:

Joke's on you, I coulda lost 100lbs.

No fat jokes in cspam please. Come on, now.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

number 1 snake fan posted:

No fat jokes in cspam please. Come on, now.

random blue is an idiot, nice idiot but still an idiot

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Plinkey posted:

Heck, that describes us pretty well,,,

commie kong
Mar 7, 2019

in december someone posted a link to this thread in some other thread i lurk and that's when i started donating. this has apparently been a thing for ages but i had no idea

so post about it more imo. you'll get more donors in addition to more people receiving the help they need :)

edit: gently caress it, while i'm posting:

just wanna say that i really like the way this is being handled. no requirement to beg or post sob stories. people are already conditioned to feel guilty to ask for help (the personal responsibility myth is strong) and adding expectations to either publicly or privately convince us that they meet some perverse misery criteria, or that they must profusely express gratitude in return for help is just a bullshit deterrent/barrier to entry. i think i saw some nerd asking for financial statements, like this is an investment or a punitive government welfare system or something. where assessments and means testing and whatnot should take place to ensure maximum cost/benefit is achieved and that people (who are by and large just grifters by nature) wont be able to take advantage

people post that this thing has helped them after the fact, and that's always nice, but it's not why i donate. i trust that this is legit and my participation is voluntary. why an uninvolved third party would even have an opinion on that is beyond me

the only updates i really want to see are when the funds are getting low too early. so that people can intervene and help, like that 1k hero did

ok done thanks

commie kong has issued a correction as of 16:33 on Mar 20, 2020

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Plinkey posted:

Hmmm.... Hard to deny.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

i don't care if someone get my money and did not "deserve" it cause plenty more will indeed "deserve" it.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I do a lot of volunteer work at a place that serves meals by donation. Anyone can come in and sit down to eat for absolute free if they want, from the poorest to the richest. Doing it this way means that no one knows who is eating free and who is donating tonnes for their meal which is probably the biggest equaliser you can get in capitalism.

Donating here is kind of the same, you have no idea who your money is going to or where it is coming from. Having people able to come in and ask when in need without feeling judged is a huge barrier removed from someone already in a stressful situation.

Just like at the place I volunteer you're going to get people that sit there and ask "why should someone who doesn't need this place be allowed to eat for free, there are more deserving people" and the answer is "who cares, if they feel the need to 'scam' a few beans then what ever is going on in their life to push them to that is worse for them than giving them a feed is for us".

At the end of the day this is definitely a net positive and in hellworld that is a magical thing.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
Threw in $5

Mr Executive
Aug 27, 2006
I'm an idiot trying to figure out how I can help the past week and this thread completely left my brain. Doubled my monthly contribution.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
we're only 38 bucks away from 3k, who's gunna do it?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
which is absolutally loving amazing, I love you all

about 200 bucks went out today, if you feel the need to vent send me your stories, go ahead, but they aren't needed, at all, there is no means testing your problem is not worse than someone elses, we're all getting loving in one way or another right now and will get through everything

orange sky
May 7, 2007

I'm in, hopefully it helps someone

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I went to take a piss and then had a bunch more donations, so I can't tell who got us over the number, but thanks all of you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

orange sky posted:

I'm in, hopefully it helps someone

it will buddy, i promise