Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

I think the only time he's poo poo talked a player ever in specific is Freddie Mitchell

Can't blame him there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kalli posted:

I think the only time he's poo poo talked a player ever in specific is Freddie Mitchell

It was so good

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

lol I got so narrowed in on them loving up a royal flush that I completely missed that they are in fact holding a pretty good hand

It's actually a pretty good metaphor for this off season so far. It seems pretty good, not completely spectacular but they're acting like they have the best hand in the game because it's the 1st time they've actually gotten their cards before folding In 10 plus years.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
How many of those highlights are from 2019?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Spoeank posted:

lol I got so narrowed in on them loving up a royal flush that I completely missed that they are in fact holding a pretty good hand

I wonder if they deliberately chose to include a club, to make it just a straight, so that they'd have a pun with the "straight face" line.

And then they realized afterwards oh wait this looks incompetent not witty, EJECT THE TWEET.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Tompa Brady Buccaneers ready to win the Superb Owl

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I really want to know what ESPN is gonna be desperate enough to do in like 3 weeks.

Just show the 1990 season or something. It's far enough back that most people aren't going to remember the Super Bowl, let alone individual game results.

Or show rugby, cricket, and... is pro deck hockey still a thing?... from 2019 and be like "look, given the situation, it's close enough. Do you really want 24/7 Brady coverage instead?"

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

K8.0 posted:

People in the media hate him because he shits on them constantly. I think everyone who isn't in media finds it hilarious, self important reporters fuming after being crapped on for stupid questions. You never see that behavior from him with former players, he's always complimentary and often friendly.

Yeah, a great example of this was the NFL Top 100 Players miniseries he did on NFL Network. You can tell that Bill loves football, its players, coaches, and the history of the league in general. He just can not be bothered with the media.

I'm looking forward to Bill's eventual football history podcast when he retires from coaching.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I know some of you already expressed the sentiment that watching old games is dumb and bad but I thought this was interesting if you are bored:

NFL Game Pass viewing guide: 20 must-watch games to cue up

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Nope. I'm rewatching the painful games.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201212020nyj.htm

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Mystic Stylez posted:

I know some of you already expressed the sentiment that watching old games is dumb and bad but I thought this was interesting if you are bored:

NFL Game Pass viewing guide: 20 must-watch games to cue up

Whoever created this list must really hate Saints fans.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I wanted to watch the game that made Big Bob Pataki lose his mind but it was before 2009 wasn't it

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Someone post the beli moss Halloween clip

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Goat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1nMvbCI3iA

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Melvin Gordon to Denver

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Whoever created this list must really hate Saints fans.

Must have been a kid who learned it in catechism.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

Melvin Gordon to Denver

Lol

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The goat

https://youtu.be/0J7yh8Qi57U

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Mystic Stylez posted:

I wanted to watch the game that made Big Bob Pataki lose his mind but it was before 2009 wasn't it

is that the same game/poster from this classic? if so i think 2004-05 season is a good bet

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

is that the same game/poster from this classic? if so i think 2004-05 season is a good bet

That was the Chargers/Jets wild card game in 2004.

The Big Bob game was a late MNF opener between Oakland and Denver

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

a neat cape posted:

That was the Chargers/Jets wild card game in 2004.

The Big Bob game was a late MNF opener between Oakland and Denver

fukc, oh well, anything before 2011 is before my TFF time anyway heh

EDIT: may have been September 8, 2008, which was a late Monday opener and an Oakland blowout loss

barnold fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Mar 21, 2020

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Gronkmania is runnin' wild. Buy your Gronk poo poo today!

https://shop.wwe.com/rob-gronkowski...ast%2013-months

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I’d have to go find my laptop with BigBob.gif, but I think it was 2010 or 2011. Tebow was a possibility but not playing yet, and the Raiders has Jacoby Ford and ol’ Bob lamented his lack of usage by the Raiders.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

fartknocker posted:

I’d have to go find my laptop with BigBob.gif, but I think it was 2010 or 2011. Tebow was a possibility but not playing yet, and the Raiders has Jacoby Ford and ol’ Bob lamented his lack of usage by the Raiders.

Definitely 2010 or 2011, since it was when I first started posting in TFF. I think it was the game where the raiders long snapper got injured.

This one:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000060639/article/travis-goethels-poor-snaps-doom-oakland-raiders

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Chichevache posted:

Definitely 2010 or 2011, since it was when I first started posting in TFF. I think it was the game where the raiders long snapper got injured.

This one:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000060639/article/travis-goethels-poor-snaps-doom-oakland-raiders

Yep.

Goon Project: Rewatch the game and figure out exactly what prompted each response.

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Mar 21, 2020

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/Suns/status/1241077191024107525

cute

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/steelers/status/1241151546739621889

this gimli lookin motherfucker

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Ben going for fellow rapist Matt Patricia's look

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I really want to know what ESPN is gonna be desperate enough to do in like 3 weeks.

Become the Ocho permanently. Also give Marbula 1 a million dollars to do some crazy marble racing poo poo.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Silly Burrito posted:

Gronkmania is runnin' wild. Buy your Gronk poo poo today!

https://shop.wwe.com/rob-gronkowski...ast%2013-months

If I didn't know better and you showed this to me for the first time, I would have said that this had to be a parody

Barudak
May 7, 2007

fartknocker posted:

Yep.

Goon Project: Rewatch the game and figure out exactly what prompted each response.

Id be down for a live chat rewatch, but I already lived that game once

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Hi I'm a total card game idiot, can you explain how the Bengals messed up their poker post?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Hi I'm a total card game idiot, can you explain how the Bengals messed up their poker post?

They posted like they had a Royal Flush (the best possible poker hand, an ace-high straight of the same suit) but one of their cards was a different suit, so it was just a regular straight. This isn't nearly as valuable.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Thank you.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

MakaVillian posted:

Become the Ocho permanently. Also give Marbula 1 a million dollars to do some crazy marble racing poo poo.

:hai:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I loved watching him play but gently caress I dislike Gronkowski.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Thank god for the Ocho.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What are degenerate gamblers resorting to in times like this

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Candidate's Cup. It's a chess tournament. There's a thread in SAS where Hand Knit has been posting observations. It's all way over my head but out of 8 competitors there's a single American so it gives me something to root for, however tenuous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Russian Table Tennis is still running right now