Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Harley's half off-panel smirk is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Unlucky7 posted:

Respectfully, I don't think she would be sympathetic to someone who accused a friend of murder, drove her away, and re-traumatized her because she had a crush
No, but she's fairly emotionally balanced (from all the therapy!) so she probably won't heartful punch cassidy in the face. Probably.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Wanda Lulenski: All-Time World Class Good Idea Haver

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

It's so troubling that she's not even just a brainless violent monster. She has intentions.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Bobulus posted:

It's so troubling that she's not even just a brainless violent monster. She has intentions.

I dunno, this is Lulenski we're talking about.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

rannum posted:

what i want to happen:
-she immediately transforms and rushes off to find Undine
-she gives Cassidy a very disappointed glance

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-15-page-2

close enough! *pops bottles*

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The quietest dunk with the most destructive force.
I would expect no less from Kokoro.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
The face that says “I super hosed up”

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

I feel sorry for Cassidy

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Julius CSAR posted:

The face that says “I super hosed up”

it contrasts nicely with "SHE'S NOT GOING TO SEE MY HALF OF THE STORY"

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
RIP Harry in Widdershins, she had a good run.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Yeah, I think that's the moment she starts to realize exactly how bad what she did was.

EDIT: LMAO that she was like 'girls my age are so concerned with crushes and personal drama, magical girls aren't like that!!!'

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

PetraCore posted:

Yeah, I think that's the moment she starts to realize exactly how bad what she did was.

It's now she's realising what they're angry at her for goes way beyond what she expected them to be angry at her for. The things that she didn't even think about when she was concocting her plan.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Bobulus posted:

if she’d become a mindless kaiju then we could have probably considered it to be an overall increase in intelligence

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Tenebrais posted:

It's now she's realising what they're angry at her for goes way beyond what she expected them to be angry at her for. The things that she didn't even think about when she was concocting her plan.
To be fair active weapon use in sparring doesn't seem completely over the line, but we saw Harley dismissing her knucklebusters for a spar. I suspect usually when sparring Cassidy uses her scissors to split herself in sparring, but doesn't go for using the blunt side of the 'swords' unless people are really comfortable with that.

Bud, of course, uses lasers.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Morbi just shared a bit more Poppy plot twists/loredumps and jesus gently caress buddy you write some insane worldbuilding

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Archenteron posted:

Morbi just shared a bit more Poppy plot twists/loredumps and jesus gently caress buddy you write some insane worldbuilding

https://twitter.com/HgMorbi/status/1238445580080168961

all this and more is fantastic

Ruptured Yakety Sax
Jun 8, 2012

ARE YOU AN ANGEL, BIRD??
https://twitter.com/Short_Box/status/1242019293015015424?s=19

This will be of relevance to poster here, like fans of Emily Carrol and His Face All Red. Haven't had a chance to read it yet, but as someone who's basically lost their job due to the covid, the gesture is appreciated

Ruptured Yakety Sax fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Mar 23, 2020

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Just wanted to call out how awesome today's page of A Distant Sky looks: https://adistantsky.com/comic/chapter-1-page-11/

Ya'll doing good, 3. I can't wait to see where this goes.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Man Dumbing of Age has gotten exceptionally dumb the last few days.

Everyone gets kidnapped! From the middle of a crowd, and no one notices because they had their backs turned for a few seconds!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Just wanted to call out how awesome today's page of A Distant Sky looks: https://adistantsky.com/comic/chapter-1-page-11/

Ya'll doing good, 3. I can't wait to see where this goes.

Wanted to second this, I'm hooked. I don't see a patreon link, but if you have one I'd be happy to toss you a couple bucks a month.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Today, in Sleepless Domain: how to completely destroy someone without physically touching them.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Mikl posted:

Today, in Sleepless Domain: how to completely destroy someone without physically touching them.

I mean we all saw this coming

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Welp.

At least he's handling it better than when King Dang told him to cook the numbers.

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

cue frantic flipping back and forth to previous pages to try and figure out what part of her outfit has changed to match Undine, because obviously something must have

she's lost the shoulder pads over her own puffy sleeves, so she and Undine now have matching sleeves yay

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Nick Buntline posted:

cue frantic flipping back and forth to previous pages to try and figure out what part of her outfit has changed to match Undine, because obviously something must have

she's lost the shoulder pads over her own puffy sleeves, so she and Undine now have matching sleeves yay

The sleeves are actually new to Undine! she didn't always have them. But HP did lose the epaulets; she didn't just change to match Undine - they changed to match each other. D'aww.

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

Tenebrais posted:

The sleeves are actually new to Undine! she didn't always have them. But HP did lose the epaulets; she didn't just change to match Undine - they changed to match each other. D'aww.

Oh yeah, that was what eventually got me there: "wait, if Undine gained sleeves, then maaaaybe..." Probably should have thought of it sooner instead of trying to find more angles of her boots, lol.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Mikl posted:

And make it feel completely deserved!

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I wonder if that last couple of lines is a death flag though.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Unlucky7 posted:

I wonder if that last couple of lines is a death flag though.

What do you mean, there was already a murder on this page

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Tenebrais posted:

Also the ruffles under HP's skirt changed to match Undine's. And the detached sleeves under her punch gloves got longer.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-4-page-1
https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-8-page-2

HP looks about the same now as in chapter 4 & 8, to me. I dont think she had any design updates other than just natural variance in drawing her over time.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

rannum posted:

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-4-page-1
https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-8-page-2

HP looks about the same now as in chapter 4 & 8, to me. I dont think she had any design updates other than just natural variance in drawing her over time.

She had some changes. From the Patreon email for today's page:

Mary Cagle posted:

While undine only got Sleeves added, HP's design actually has several little tweaks. I'm sure the discorders will notice them all, haha. But at least Scarf-kun is unchanged in his powerful ways. 

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I think my favorite part about this discussion is that it's also an in-universe thing that fans pour over.

e: which I suppose is more an appreciation for Cube's awareness that this sort of discussion is bound to happen and put it in her world, but meh

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Mar 25, 2020

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I'm Thematic With A Girl I Just Met?

(but yeah, if they've changed costumes to match each other, then whatever mystical force controls these things is probably pushing them to be on a team together)

(does anybody else like Rue or Zoe have similar elements?)

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Pink-with-blue and blue-with-pink will continue to harmonise until they invent the Fusion Dance.

Their combined form will be called...

Heartful Punch (but as in fruit punch, because we also have water control, argh this isn't working as well as we thought it would)

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

oh guess I'll just wait for someone to break them down side by side, then.

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm Thematic With A Girl I Just Met?

(but yeah, if they've changed costumes to match each other, then whatever mystical force controls these things is probably pushing them to be on a team together)

I know it's an in-universe mystery but HP mentioning her costume used to have black in it when she was an edgy teen makes me think it is at least 80% form-reflecting-mind

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

rannum posted:

oh guess I'll just wait for someone to break them down side by side, then.

As requested!

As you can see, Undine gained poofy sleeves, like Kokoro's.

Kokoro lost the shoulderpads so her sleeves match the ones Undine gained. Additionally the frills on the hem of her skirt have gone from being merely pleated to lacy, like Undine's. Her gloves now come over her elbows, like Undine's (the first picture doesn't show that well, but in other shots they're shorter in the past). Her boots have also changed their design a little and lost the buttons, maybe, but that might just be the angle.

Also the previous chapter was called Circulation and that feels like a decent heart/water team name. Or something else blood/pulse themed I guess.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Elfface posted:

Pink-with-blue and blue-with-pink will continue to harmonise until they invent the Fusion Dance.

Their combined form will be called...

Heartful Punch (but as in fruit punch, because we also have water control, argh this isn't working as well as we thought it would)
Heartfruit Punch. Now we just need to invent a heartfruit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

Rue and Zoe have very different aesthetics, Zoe's being quite Three Musketeers while Rue is more goth-punk. But their outfits definitely have room to shift into each other if that's how Mary wants to play it.

This costume analysis lark is pretty fun!

Tenebrais fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Mar 25, 2020