Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I forget, do rocks come back :ohdear:
I’ve smashed them all with my cherry super strength

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:black101:HELL YEAH I GOT KEVIN AS ONE OF MY FIRST NEIGHBORS!:black101:

KaijuVille has oranges as well! I was hoping for those or peaches so I'm in a great spot already! :c00l:

I was bummed that I couldn't put my tent on the little outcropping on the westmost point of my island but hey.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

hatty posted:

I forget, do rocks come back :ohdear:
I’ve smashed them all with my cherry super strength

Yes, but in a different spot on the island!

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Didn't care for New Leaf too much but for some reason this one's sticking.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Clocks posted:

Apparently you can also continuously shake trees for extra branches. I would shake one tree, get a branch, move on and shake the next tree. You can just shake the same tree a bunch of times to get like 5 branches. I'm sure this is obvious to some people, but it wasn't to me, haha.

Thanks for this. I thought I was stuck because I had no branches to craft more tools so I was prepared to wait until tomorrow.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Thanks for this. I thought I was stuck because I had no branches to craft more tools so I was prepared to wait until tomorrow.

You can also buy tools from the lil' nook.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Downloading now; can anyone explain multiple characters? Is it like one character per profile on the Switch and then 1 island per Switch?

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

EdsTeioh posted:

Downloading now; can anyone explain multiple characters? Is it like one character per profile on the Switch and then 1 island per Switch?

You got it. The first character to launch the game is the lead character on the island.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Clocks posted:

Also you can flat out shovel and replant entire trees. I took some coconut trees and extra apple trees home from the deserted island I visited, as well as some flowers. The benefit to this is you don't need to wait extra days for them to grow on your island, the only downside is it takes a fruit-energy to do. It's also helpful if you want to do landscaping on your town without straight up chopping down trees. Cheers everyone!
holy poo poo this is a game changer thank you for that I've been planting fruit like old-school ACs

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Aardvark Barber posted:

You got it. The first character to launch the game is the lead character on the island.

Ok cool, so my wife is the crafty one and LOOOOOOOVES Pocket Camp, so I guess she's gonna be the lead. Thanks!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The animals look so nice in this one. They have this soft glow to them, like everything in that Yoshi game.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Ooh I'm so jealous, everyone is gonna be four days ahead of me.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I got peaches first try, is that a good thing or bad thing? They look like butts and that's funny, but if everyone else has the same are they worth less? I dunno what color my airport is.

I feel like I've run out of stuff to do today. All the weeds are weeded in the section I can access. Opened my mail, bought some stuff. Can't craft anything because all the sticks are gone. Should I be rebuying poles and nets and catching stuff and selling it? Is there a way to store items that isn't my pockets or taking up physical space in my tiny tent?

It's my first real AC and I'm enjoying it but I wonder if there are some obvious mechanics I dont understand yet.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Hobo Clown posted:

I got peaches first try, is that a good thing or bad thing? They look like butts and that's funny, but if everyone else has the same are they worth less? I dunno what color my airport is.

I feel like I've run out of stuff to do today. All the weeds are weeded in the section I can access. Opened my mail, bought some stuff. Can't craft anything because all the sticks are gone. Should I be rebuying poles and nets and catching stuff and selling it? Is there a way to store items that isn't my pockets or taking up physical space in my tiny tent?

It's my first real AC and I'm enjoying it but I wonder if there are some obvious mechanics I dont understand yet.

Shake trees for more branches. Donate fish and bugs to Tom Nook. Talk to your neighbors. Chill super hard.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Hobo Clown posted:

Keep shaking the trees! You can shake them again and again and more sticks fall out. You will get storage when you get a home. You can also just put stuff down on the ground.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Hobo Clown posted:

i do ring fitness until my knees hurt too much and play a hour/half hour of animal crossing. it's more of a "hobby" than a game, you play it an hour a day. think "the sims"

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Republicans posted:

Didn't care for New Leaf too much but for some reason this one's sticking.

having little quests is really really good

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I didn't know about the shaking! Gonna shake those trees so hard and pile Nook with so many sticks

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Just invited this boy to my island, ahhhhhhhhhhh he's so cute!

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

There was a legit penis lake on one of the maps I had to choose from, I’m at work right now but I’ll post the screenshot when I get home.

Oh Mister B
Feb 29, 2008

i could not get thru september w/o a battle
this game is four times stronger than any antidepressant i've ever taken

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

inferis posted:

There was a legit penis lake on one of the maps I had to choose from, I’m at work right now but I’ll post the screenshot when I get home.

You chose it right... Right?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

What are the permanent decisions that can't be changed? When should I expect more hairstyles? The starting haircuts were a little lacking

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Dr. Menard and his island Matul are ready to go with cherries.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Hobo Clown posted:

What are the permanent decisions that can't be changed? When should I expect more hairstyles? The starting haircuts were a little lacking

For whatever reason like half the default hairstyles are unavailable at character creation but you can change to them as soon as you build or buy a mirror.

Nook also sells more hairstyles for miles at his kiosk

The only permanent decisions are

Name
Island name
Color of airport
Where your rivers go into the ocean
Which fruit is native to your island (sells for less than non native fruit)

Literally everything else can eventually be changed/terraformed

Oh Mister B
Feb 29, 2008

i could not get thru september w/o a battle
can't speak to the first question, but you get new hairstyles by purchasing them the nook miles vending machine. there are a few groupings to choose from. e: fb

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Does anybody who owns the Animal Crossing switch know if the game is a separate code, or if it’s already downloaded into the console? My friend is having theirs delivered on Tuesday and wants to get the game earlier.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Loving the game, so far.

One thing I find somewhat irritating is that you have to use the shovel to move flowers around. If you mess up planting them in the right spot, you have to get out your shovel, dig them up, fill in the hole, and then replant the flower.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
All right, Mom sent me peaches to start hybridizing my cherry-only island! Now I just need a shovel ...

aquaticrabbit
Aug 2, 2004
@ broken pixel could you please change my friend code in the spreadsheet to 4567-6553-1115? I had a typo.

My island started with Reneigh and Hamlet and oranges. This pleases me.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Infinitum posted:

:siren: Gangtag Cut-off Warning :siren:

You have 36 hours from time of this post to request this fantabulous gangtag

After that you need to buy it yourself.

Remember to say 'please' when doing so, or imma probe you.

Please may I have this!

I am in West Africa, so sorry I am late requesting it!

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Does anybody who owns the Animal Crossing switch know if the game is a separate code, or if it’s already downloaded into the console? My friend is having theirs delivered on Tuesday and wants to get the game earlier.

The switch doesn't come with the game. At least in the US, dunno internationally. Also, if they start on another switch there is currently no way to transfer that island to their new switch.

Aardvark Barber fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Mar 20, 2020

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Filthy Haiku posted:

Just invited this boy to my island, ahhhhhhhhhhh he's so cute!

Aww! I'm excited to scan my first amiibo in, I have some cards of my favorites.

The durability of tools is not among those favorites though. This has probably been asked (sorry if so, the thread is moving fast), but are there any "final" upgrades of the tools that don't break?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The local co-op is pretty underwhelming. P2 basically can't do anything, anything you pick up poofs into the lost and found box and you can't really keep an inventory. I had hoped I'd at least be able to have the same stuff in my pockets as when I was solo and trade or exchange between the two of us.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

inferis posted:

I chose one with penisesque silhouette as well.

Can't wait to get the pole so I can visit the remaing 2/3 of my island.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I chose one with penisesque silhouette as well.

Can't wait to get the pole so I can visit the remaing 2/3 of my island.

1/3. You still won’t be able to access the upper level yet.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

This game is extremely good, I made another drawing of doom guy hanging out with isabelle because they're friends.

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1241059167642824706

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

A note to anyone who hasn't started playing yet: If you have a couple island layouts to choose from that you like, definitely go with one that doesn't have too many rivers. I picked one that had a mini island near the center to build my house on, but with the way the water flows I'm stuck on a small 1/3rd of the total area because I don't have a pole vault or bridges yet :(

Related to that, I know you can move your house/big buildings like the museum, but what about other villager's houses? My small starting area is kind of cramped and I'd like to spread things out more once I have the ability to do so.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I managed to get pears (never had them before), a red airport and Katt and Kody as my starting villagers.

Although since I started at 6 am, I think I've done all I can for the day and will have to continue tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I got tired of restarting and took apples after the second time they came up. My starting neighbors are Katt, who is cool and I like, and Dom, who is chill for a jock type. Must be the tie-dye shirt, that's why I kept him.

My tent and airport are yellow, which worked out for me. I'll be stealing your peaches and littering Yellow Sign t-shirts before you know it!