Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

My all time favorite B&V episode is the review of impact with the silent night/bloody night match. I have never watched the match nor the episode it is on and I'm afraid it'd ruin it for me if I did.

Plus I really don't want to watch loving TNA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hunnert car pileup posted:

My all time favorite B&V episode is the review of impact with the silent night/bloody night match. I have never watched the match nor the episode it is on and I'm afraid it'd ruin it for me if I did.

Plus I really don't want to watch loving TNA.

You really should watch it. B&V didn’t do the absurdity and sadness justice.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Is that the one where BLACK REIGN sadly hugs the barbed wire Christmas tree?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jerusalem posted:

yeah and there’s like 5 people in the live audience.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

coconono posted:

there’s like 5 people in the live audience.

drat, TNA was so ahead of the curve.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
oh god this bryan vs dave argument :/

Popeston
Feb 1, 2009

Urbi et Orci
We're killing the listeners here.

I don't care because my points right!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Jerusalem posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opM6eyjIYH0

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Dave and Bryan bickering for 15 minutes and somehow both wrong was absolutely brutal

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

mkay0 posted:

Dave and Bryan bickering for 15 minutes and somehow both wrong was absolutely brutal

I've listened to them since before the merger and I can't remember anything as bad as that argument. Completely unlistenable.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Raffles posted:

I've listened to them since before the merger and I can't remember anything as bad as that argument. Completely unlistenable.

What was this about?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

your friend wicka posted:

What was this about?

Whether they should delay WrestleMania, or go ahead with it as scheduled.

Dave is of the opinion that WM in an empty arena is absolute death, and that it’d be better to return to wrestling with a giant triumphant WM in (theoretically) August. Put the feuds on hold and keep them on a slow burn so you don’t just toss Drew McIntyre’s victory into a pit.

Bryan has zero faith that WWE could drag out the feuds that long, and it’d be better to rip off the band-aid so that you aren’t turning them all into absolute sludge, and returning with Summerslam will still be huge anyways. Blow off the feuds now and go to archival footage for months.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

The Lord of Hats posted:

Dave is of the opinion that WM in an empty arena is absolute death

Bryan has zero faith that WWE could drag out the feuds that long

No wonder they were arguing, they are both right.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I could see both their points, and I tend to side more with Dave, but Jesus, five minutes in they should’ve realized they were going in circles.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

TL posted:

I could see both their points, and I tend to side more with Dave, but Jesus, five minutes in they should’ve realized they were going in circles.

Well Bryan did but then Dave wasn't gonna let up

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Holy gently caress that argument was agonizing, it just kept going and going. That was the worst ~half hour of content I’ve ever heard on Wrestling Observer.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

If you're looking for semi listenable podcast content, I did a really cool interview with the owner of West Coast Pro Wrestling and he talked about paying the wrestlers for a show even though it got rescheduled and buried a bunch of garbage indie promoters who treat the workers like poo poo. Interview starts at 1:37:30

https://twitter.com/RudosPodcast/status/1239761833080147968?s=19

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

tbh I think WWE is just running poo poo to keep their wrestlers out of trouble. It would be pretty awkward when normal operations resume but half the roster is in jail or on maternity leave. How will they book shows when they'll only have 200 wrestlers to choose from

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Pinche Rudo posted:

If you're looking for semi listenable podcast content, I did a really cool interview with the owner of West Coast Pro Wrestling and he talked about paying the wrestlers for a show even though it got rescheduled and buried a bunch of garbage indie promoters who treat the workers like poo poo. Interview starts at 1:37:30

https://twitter.com/RudosPodcast/status/1239761833080147968?s=19

I unsubscribed from wor a while back (will probably resubscribe now) and switched to listening to your podcast and it’s good. Looking forward to this one.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I feel dumb asking, but was Dave just referring to COVID when he offhandedly mentioned an "issue" with Jake, JR, Tony, and Vince?

I'm like 95% sure that's what they were talking about but still kind of feel like I'm missing something.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Dango Bango posted:

I feel dumb asking, but was Dave just referring to COVID when he offhandedly mentioned an "issue" with Jake, JR, Tony, and Vince?

I'm like 95% sure that's what they were talking about but still kind of feel like I'm missing something.

Yeah, a lot of people are getting real antsy about some of the old guys still being on these shows since they're most in danger if they do catch something.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

Dango Bango posted:

100 percent he was taking about Carona there

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

First 20 minutes of Post Wrestling is a very aggressive criticism of WWE and AEW for still running. Wow.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

mkay0 posted:

First 20 minutes of Post Wrestling is a very aggressive criticism of WWE and AEW for still running. Wow.

I'd assume there would be stiff penalties from TV partners if they don't run something. The whole thing with wrestling TV rights is live programming.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

The Lord of Hats posted:

Whether they should delay WrestleMania, or go ahead with it as scheduled.

Dave is of the opinion that WM in an empty arena is absolute death, and that it’d be better to return to wrestling with a giant triumphant WM in (theoretically) August. Put the feuds on hold and keep them on a slow burn so you don’t just toss Drew McIntyre’s victory into a pit.

Bryan has zero faith that WWE could drag out the feuds that long, and it’d be better to rip off the band-aid so that you aren’t turning them all into absolute sludge, and returning with Summerslam will still be huge anyways. Blow off the feuds now and go to archival footage for months.

Bold of him to assume that Drew is winning.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Raffles posted:

I literally just turned the show off and came here because I couldn't take it anymore. Like I don't even know what they're arguing over at this point because I just zoned out hard after ten minutes.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I hope Dave and Bryan do a special two hour episode to really hash out this issue.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
One of the few things I dislike about the Dave/Bryan pairing is this type of argument, the "I will make my argument, then you will make your argument, then we will repeat our arguments until Bryan manages to move the conversation on to something else" debate. This was that turned up to 12.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
At first I was like "What's everyone talking about? This isn't so bad..." then after about 5 minutes I was done so I skipped ahead ten minutes and it was still going on and I understood.

Usually these debates aren't so bad but god, Bryan just kept digging his heels in.

CVagts posted:

One of the few things I dislike about the Dave/Bryan pairing is this type of argument, the "I will make my argument, then you will make your argument, then we will repeat our arguments until Bryan manages to move the conversation on to something else" debate. This was that turned up to 12.

It was the podcast form of the 20 minute opening RAW promo...from like 2007.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Jordan7hm posted:

I unsubscribed from wor a while back (will probably resubscribe now) and switched to listening to your podcast and it’s good. Looking forward to this one.

Thank you! We have a ton of fun making it and I'm really happy with how the interview came out. I want to get indie wrestling in Northern California back on the radar especially since So Cal has been blowing up for over a decade now

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Popeston posted:

We're killing the listeners here.

I don't care because my points right!

Maybe the funniest thing in the history of the podcast.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I woke up in a cold sweat from a nightmare where Sempervive had a two hour podcast talking about Wrestlemania, trying to make a singular argument and at the end of it, he still hasn't completed a single point, he's just re-worded the question over and over

It was less agonizing than Brian and Meltzer

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Maybe the funniest thing in the history of the podcast.
I was howling in my car. It was a great show. Maybe 1.5x speed helps.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Matt Hardy was on Jerichos podcast and he gave a new variation of :goodshit: about when Vince heard the Broken Matt Hardy laugh and said "This Is Funny poo poo" then made him do it constantly

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
It’s such an interesting podcast and I hope Matt becomes a booker after he’s done becomes he has the right mindset for storylines and continuities for pro wrestling.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Miching Mallecho posted:

It’s such an interesting podcast and I hope Matt becomes a booker after he’s done becomes he has the right mindset for storylines and continuities for pro wrestling.

I actually strongly suspect that one of the reasons for bringing Hardy in is to use him on the creative side. AEW thus far have been very good at bringing people in for a combination of front and back office jobs, and as Hardy is getting closer to the end of his in ring career I suspect they'll have offered him something that taps into his creativity.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Miching Mallecho posted:

He used to book OMEGA, the promotion he and Jeff ran pre-WWE, and I've seen praise for his booking then, too.

He was like, 23 then. He'd probably be even better now that he's like a 25 year vet.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Jericho's reaction to Matt explaining the current incarnation of his character is really funny.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Dropped a fresh Rudocast episode. We're all sheltering in place from California to British Columbia and starting to go a little nuts but we had a fun time talking AEW and gave a quick update on Puro resuming in Japan.

https://twitter.com/RudosPodcast/status/1241083610993528832

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

forkboy84 posted:

I'd assume there would be stiff penalties from TV partners if they don't run something. The whole thing with wrestling TV rights is live programming.

The wrestlers are all paid on a per appearance basis too, right? Everybody's got to keep the lights on somehow.