Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Batman

Probably the most memorable game of SA I've played in because someone legitimately scumslipped in their first post D1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Scooby Doo Mafia - The Haunted Hilltop Hotel

It was my first mafia game and i think it had some fun twists.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

you have to admit, it was incredibly funny

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Harry Potter and the Blood of Heroes

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Holy poo poo my first game was a mess. I might try re-running my second one though...

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Amnistar posted:

Batman

Probably the most memorable game of SA I've played in because someone legitimately scumslipped in their first post D1.

The endgame in this one was also fun as hell. I targetted myself with a scum kill on the final night phase hoping it would get bussed to another target.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the only good games are the one where i am the star

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Snooze Cruise posted:

the only good games are the one where i am the star

I agree.

There has yet to be a good game of mafia.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
the only good game i was in was an open setup where the endgame was two town (me and hal), one scum and one sk alive and i convinced hal to lunch me and then the scum and sk both killed each other and town won :cool:

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

A great game. I think have another Harry Potter game written up from a few years ago. I should look into that since I can't go into work for at least 3 weeks.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Token Female posted:

A great game. I think have another Harry Potter game written up from a few years ago. I should look into that since I can't go into work for at least 3 weeks.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Hell, I'd come out of retirement to play.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Rereading old posts of mine is like seeing Facebook memories from 10 years ago.

I'm still a comedic genius :smug:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Mr. Humalong posted:

Rereading old posts of mine is like seeing Facebook memories from 10 years ago.

I'm still a comedic genius :smug:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

I just finished rereading snowbound. There are some unfortunate bits in that game, 2014 was a different time huh? I like to imagine maybe I didn't curse us with a Biden timeline, but who can say? I think it's a lot of fun if you read along without spoiling yourself!

Snowbound

This was a great game and it's a shame I apparently quit mafia after that

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Hal Incandenza posted:

This was a great game and it's a shame I apparently quit mafia after that

Where did you get that surprisingly non-red title btw?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Telephone Mafia has ended in a Town victory.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Amnistar posted:

Batman

Man, we sure had much more... interesting vocabularies back then. And I even had a reliable gut. But I was still an rear end in a top hat.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So like.. I'm currently IK of Games, and was thinking on if there was anything interesting or entertaining I could do with that.

Would anyone be interested in something like Probation Mafia? Wherein the losing team gets a probation based on a length you all agree upon (It'd be 3 days at max, I'm not an rear end in a top hat)

I've actually got access to the voting system, so I can see what votes people make on a thread.
For example I can see the names of everybody who voted this thread 5, who voted this thread 1, and the 4 weirdos that voted either 2 or 3.
(This way you can have a private vote about what length the probe would be)

I feel like if you're hanging a Sword of Damocles over peoples heads it would be a much more interesting game to play, encourage participation, and make for a good read if you are inclined to spectate.

Yay/nay? Thoughts?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mikujin posted:

Man, we sure had much more... interesting vocabularies back then. And I even had a reliable gut. But I was still an rear end in a top hat.

No kidding. Especially that slightly more aggro version of Bif

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ixtlilton posted:

Where did you get that surprisingly non-red title btw?

From get a new avatar mafia, that was Jimson'sav from a Li Dawny game that I was never even in, jimson gave it to me so it wouldn't be lost for all time when he was given a new one I guess

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Infinitum posted:

So like.. I'm currently IK of Games, and was thinking on if there was anything interesting or entertaining I could do with that.

Would anyone be interested in something like Probation Mafia? Wherein the losing team gets a probation based on a length you all agree upon (It'd be 3 days at max, I'm not an rear end in a top hat)

I've actually got access to the voting system, so I can see what votes people make on a thread.
For example I can see the names of everybody who voted this thread 5, who voted this thread 1, and the 4 weirdos that voted either 2 or 3.
(This way you can have a private vote about what length the probe would be)

I feel like if you're hanging a Sword of Damocles over peoples heads it would be a much more interesting game to play, encourage participation, and make for a good read if you are inclined to spectate.

Yay/nay? Thoughts?

I’d do it, but I’m also the idiot who ran Toxx Mafia so my opinion is invalid

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Not my bag, I wouldn't play in it.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I would play in it if the ante was upped to one week probe :twisted:

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Have to make sure they weren't playing in any other games

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

My rap sheet is pristine and will remain that way no matter how many drama threads I shitpost in.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Dick Bastardly posted:

I would play in it if the ante was upped to one week probe :twisted:

I'll play but only if you give DickyB a 6er every night phase for authenticity

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I have fond memories of Console Wars Mafia

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

I bet you loving do.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
My crowning achievement will forever be bowmore's The Werewolves of Half Moon's Hollow, the lengthiest mafia thread I think I've ever seen and definitely longest one I've ever been a part of

Of games I ran, I'm proudest of Lizards & Goonfest 2

Maybe with being isolated it's time for Goonfest 3!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

kumba posted:

My crowning achievement will forever be bowmore's The Werewolves of Half Moon's Hollow, the lengthiest mafia thread I think I've ever seen and definitely longest one I've ever been a part of
That was my first ever Mafia game!!!

Epsilon Plus posted:

Coming up with the flavor for that one was so fun.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

That was my first ever Mafia game!!!

Ernest....

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

PMush Perfect posted:

Coming up with the flavor for that one was so fun.

I still think someone should write new flavor and run a Console Wars Mafia game in Games to get some new blood

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Great time for it. I’d help!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I would help too! Everyone knows how good I am at modding games

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i'm down to help mod / flavor as well!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I had this idea recently if we ever try to get some new newbies: a scum team and a town team “coach.”

So the scumteam has a coach in their chat to ask questions and for advice,

Town has a coach any individual in the town can go to looking for advice.

I would never have played another game if windshipper hadn’t taken me under his wing once upon a time, and recently Amnistar gave some really cool advice to a newbie scum buddy in a game that honestly seemed beneficial to any approach to the game.

I’m no mod though just an idea

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
agreed wholeheartedly, my first (scum) game was made much better by 50pob taking me under their wing

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Sandwolf posted:

I had this idea recently if we ever try to get some new newbies: a scum team and a town team “coach.”

I would never have played another game if windshipper hadn’t taken me under his wing once upon a time, and recently Amnistar gave some really cool advice to a newbie scum buddy in a game that honestly seemed beneficial to any approach to the game.

Fantastic idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Like this idea for a recruitment idea especially. Might need to have 1 advisor per town player to keep the game fair though.