Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

evilweasel posted:

there is a lot of blame to go around here, but there are few governments or economic systems that function in a crisis when the person in charge is an incompetent malicious clown and that's hopefully going to be the key message most americans take away from this
His approval rate for his management of the COVID-19 crisis is like 56%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
Y'all are going to give the Scooby Doo "Ruhr?" stare when this fucker somehow turns this into reelection because a bunch of idiots confuse surviving this with him steering us through the crisis. (Or confuse a crisis as "not the time to change leadership".)

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

terrorist ambulance posted:

I mean. I know that's the politics of a teenager who just read Howard Zinn for the first time, but this moment is pretty clarifying about how the current economic order doesnt really serve many people's interests and how it's not really great to have an economy designed around constant growth and never stopping or slowing down ever because then everybody is turbofucked if say, a plague happens
we have been indoctrinated to infantilize leftist politics and feel like we have to apologize for holding leftist beliefs for a reason

gvibes posted:

lol

SlyFrog posted:

Y'all are going to give the Scooby Doo "Ruhr?" stare when this fucker somehow turns this into reelection because a bunch of idiots confuse surviving this with him steering us through the crisis. (Or confuse a crisis as "not the time to change leadership".)

still rooting for The Purge tbqh

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

SlyFrog posted:

Not to mention that Joe Biden can barely string a sentence together as is and he doesn't have the guts or wits to prep an attack on the whole thing. He'll say some mealy-mouthed reach across the aisle bullshit about how we were all in this together that completely ignores that Trumps blase attitude about this is literally killing people.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Pook Good Mook posted:

Not to mention that Joe Biden can barely string a sentence together as is and he doesn't have the guts or wits to prep an attack on the whole thing. He'll say some mealy-mouthed reach across the aisle bullshit about how we were all in this together that completely ignores that Trumps blase attitude about this is literally killing people.

i heard a lot of this stuff leading up to the one on one debate about how Biden completely lacked the mental ability to handle a debate and I believe the resounding verdict on that line of attack afterwards was “lol”

trump was gonna lose reelection fairly badly before this happened

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

evilweasel posted:

Nah, if this didn't happen and the economy stayed out of recession he was going to walk to re-election.

He still could because this is America. But it's much less likely now. A recession or close to it will be statistically verifiable right before the election and even with a quick turnaround, that won't be known until well after. Not to mention COVID will be a thing well in to the summer.

Cue blarzgh's "we got him this time!" spicy take.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

Look Sir Droids posted:

Nah, if this didn't happen and the economy stayed out of recession he was going to walk to re-election.

He still could because this is America. But it's much less likely now. A recession or close to it will be statistically verifiable right before the election and even with a quick turnaround, that won't be known until well after. Not to mention COVID will be a thing well in to the summer.

I sure as poo poo won't be betting money on Joe Biden beating him.

Alaemon
Jan 4, 2009

Proctors are guardians of the sanctity and integrity of legal education, therefore they are responsible for the nourishment of the soul.

Whitlam posted:

Guys I bought a house. What a great idea and fabulous timing.

So did I! It's on a deserted island and the raccoon that sold me the house gave me an interest-free loan! I'm excited for our museum's opening tomorrow.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

gvibes posted:

Rally to the flag baby!

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Look Sir Droids posted:

I've been summoned?!?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Its The Economy, Stupid

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

evilweasel posted:

That's not really what the consensus was. More like close to 50/50 with a small edge to Biden in the early polling. Still way too early to have anything approaching certainty about it.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

GamingHyena posted:

Yeah my alternatives are brave the plague ridden streets to go to the office or stay with a toddler who JUST discovered temper tantrums.

In short, living in the future sucks.

ive been arguing to my wife that we should just let the 4 year old have whatever he wants because fighting over anything inside the house is not worth it for the next month or two we're stuck inside

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

mastershakeman posted:

ive been arguing to my wife that we should just let the 4 year old have whatever he wants because fighting over anything inside the house is not worth it for the next month or two we're stuck inside

This will have no long term ramifications at all.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

nm posted:

This will have no long term ramifications at all.

Toona: The Next Generation

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

Say hello to a future president following in Trump's footsteps.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

mastershakeman posted:

I sympathize because while this has been going on the weather has been absolutely dogshit. So I can't even send my kids outside so they can go wear themselves out.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
I recommend a hobby. So far I'm:

• making a sourdough starter
  • making kvass (just bottled in fact)
  • collecting hard liquour
  • assembling my new microbrewery, gonna make some craft beers
  • making lamps from old beer bottles
  • trying to revitalize my interest in computer games
  • reading the night blade whatever trilogy by Brent Weeks. It sucks.
  • practicing on my piano
  • obsessing over my slight cough and shortness of breath

Man a lot my interest are alcohol related.

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
Stock up on weed and ignore the problems of the world while you watch old episodes of Friends.

We had to fill out our Skills Inventory today in the event of a catastrophic loss of labour, whereupon I, as a fit able-bodied man, may be drafted to be a prison guard or something.

I think if that happens, poo poo has hit the fan so hard that I have nothing to lose by outright quitting and taking my chances in the wastelands.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
The kind of trivial poo poo they have me doing working from home right now has me questioning the value of civilization as a whole. The cabin ban has me pretty pissed as well.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Cabin ban???

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Cabin ban. They banned cabins due to SARS-CoV-2. Can't stay at a cabin while the ban is in effect.

Some loving unconstitutional poo poo going down

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

Nice piece of fish posted:

Cabin ban. They banned cabins due to SARS-CoV-2. Can't stay at a cabin while the ban is in effect.

Some loving unconstitutional poo poo going down

Why? What could be more social distancing than going to a cabin in the middle of nowhere?

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

GamingHyena posted:

Why? What could be more social distancing than going to a cabin in the middle of nowhere?

Cause if you get sick on top of a loving mountain the red cross can't come get you. poo poo isn't set up for evacuating thousands of cabins. Stupid Oslo people ruining everything for everyone else, as usual, thinking this poo poo was some sort of excuse to go on holiday. Right wing government cracked the gently caress down, which is how you know poo poo is serious.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Just be like an American and ignore the ban entirely, and also fly some sort of pirate/rebel/anti-government flag at the cabin.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Vox Nihili posted:

Just be like an American and ignore the ban entirely, and also fly some sort of pirate/rebel/anti-government flag at the cabin.

Oh I'm thinking about it. But then do I want to spend the next six months in prison?

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
Again, if you were in America, you'd create a prison company, then contract with the government to jail yourself at your cabin for $15,000 a month.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Fish, what’s the Norge version of the Gadsden Flag?

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

Ceiling fan posted:

Again, if you were in America, you'd create a prison company, then contract with the government to jail yourself at your cabin for $15,000 a month.

Actually if you were in America the government would be thrilled if you hosed off to some remote cabin to die because then that would be one fewer casualty that could be counted against Trump’s stats :trumpsmug:

Your next of kin would also thank you as your death would prevent the hospital from cheating your estate tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Look Sir Droids posted:

I sympathize because while this has been going on the weather has been absolutely dogshit. So I can't even send my kids outside so they can go wear themselves out.

Yeah yesterday was 35 and rain, can't do a drat thing in that

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I am honestly a little bitter about the fact the world is going to be driven off a loving cliff over a disease that is deadly mostly to people who are 60+ and/or immunocompromised.

Same block of people that hold all the power and money, do not give a gently caress if the world burns and actively block any reform of the system that ensures anyone younger than 30 is more likely than not to live a meager, precarious life

I mean, I of course support measures to limit the spread as much as possible because I'm not a loving ghoul like these people are, but you hope (in vain) they would get some insight from the whole thing

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
also I lost a shitload of weight the duration of my last multi-week trial and I'm pretty sure my emaciated, stressed, weak nerd body is basically primed for death by coronavirus

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Well, we all have to go sometime

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Well it might kill boomers but it certainly is being spread by all these nasty yooths all around the world

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
I posted a picture of my certificate from my swearing in, which I just got. A 43 year old or so old Air Force buddy posted this in response. She’s red, I’m green.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
gently caress, Toona always delivers

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Toona, please buy her an account.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

How the gently caress can you have a "calling" at 43.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Pook Good Mook posted:

How the gently caress can you have a "calling" at 43.

we've seen this pattern before, it's a booty calling

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Mar 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Time build a canal