Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

Old Boot posted:

Hey friend, don't pretend to give a gently caress about anti-abortion anything when Bernie endorsed a forced birth Dem, himself. Reproductive rights aren't your cudgel to use when you're just as happy to set them aside for your chosen candidate.

EDIT: Or flat out annihilate them by failing to vote in the general. Thanks!

There's a difference between endorsing the democrat running against the republican in the general and endorsing the conservative democrat against the progressive democrat in the primary, is there not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

They tell me the same thing about teleconferences too. But I've never seen one with more than 3 video feeds that wasn't a total clusterfuck.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Old Boot posted:

What, Bernie "I Have No Apps On My Phone" Sanders isn't in tune with technology?

He uses an iPad for everything. At least his technology team is by far the most competent

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Ceiling fan posted:

They tell me the same thing about teleconferences too. But I've never seen one with more than 3 video feeds that wasn't a total clusterfuck.

A morning check in with 20 people on video went better than the usual in person meeting, as instead of having to feign interest in What Happened At Spin Class last night for fifteen minutes I could still work in a different window.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Holy poo poo shut the gently caress up about the DNC already guys, there’s an extinction level event going on.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

ZombieApostate posted:

There's a difference between endorsing the democrat running against the republican in the general and endorsing the conservative democrat against the progressive democrat in the primary, is there not?

Mello's democratic opponent was thought to have the more socially progressive platform, but it didn't hit the economic staples so Sanders denounced him as 'not progressive.' Reproductive rights were an acceptable sacrifice to economic platforms, at the time.

EDIT: This is not an extinction level event, unless you mean 'extinction of this version of society as we know it.'

vvvv EDIT 2 I'll drop it :shrug: My main point was entirely that reproductive rights are already being willfully sacrificed by people talking about not voting, so throwing it around as a cudgel is lovely. That, and Dems suck about letting anti-choicers into the 'big tent,' it's been a problem for decades, one Sanders has contributed to, but no one seems to give a drat until it's time to score point in an argument.

Old Boot fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Mar 20, 2020

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
wanna rip and tear this discussion

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
How about we keep the current events thread talking about current events instead of poo poo from three years ago?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

FrozenVent posted:

Holy poo poo shut the gently caress up about the DNC already guys, theres an extinction level event going on.

The DNC should do something about that

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Delta Airlines is projecting at least 80% drop in Q2 revenue.

That’s... bad.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

Old Boot posted:

Mello's democratic opponent was thought to have the more socially progressive platform, but it didn't hit the economic staples so Sanders denounced him as 'not progressive.' Reproductive rights were an acceptable sacrifice to economic platforms, at the time.

EDIT: This is not an extinction level event, unless you mean 'extinction of this version of society as we know it.'

I can't easily find either of their platforms, or anything about Sanders making any comment about Mikale (the opponent) but it looks like Mikale only managed 3% of the vote in the primary, and I doubt Bernie Sanders has that much pull in Nebraska. Once Mikale is out, the choice was between two anti-abortion candidates.

I did find an WaPo article talking about Sanders endorsing Mello, which also quotes him commenting about Jon Ossoff in Atlanta, saying "he's not a progressive". I found a different NBC article that quotes Sanders as saying "I don't know" if Ossoff is a progressive, instead. Sanders did clarify his statement about Ossoff and endorse him a few days later. I think you might be conflating the two events.

edit: poo poo gently caress I was researching :negative: I'll shut up now.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

That’s... bad.

We’re going to see at least one of the big three crumble and probably a bunch of the lovely low cost carriers too.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

That’s... bad.

gently caress Delta

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Time for PanAm to make a comeback

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Air NZ has sought nearly a billion in loans from the government. It was given to them at I think 7.5% which is causing big business types to lose their minds at it being extortionate

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

That’s... bad.

Feel bad for the employees, don't feel too bad for Delta.

Feel bad about how much $$ airline tickets'll probably cost when this is over.

Guess my Prius is gonna see a lot more mileage.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Air NZ has sought nearly a billion in loans from the government. It was given to them at I think 7.5% which is causing big business types to lose their minds at it being extortionate

Perhaps they'd be happier with giving the government a 30% share in the company

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

It has a 52% share lol

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Pretty easy to go from 52% to 100%!

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Rugged individualist boot straps, mother fuckers. Should have planned ahead and had three months rent and utilities on hand. We can't give them money or it will just encourage them to not go out and get a job. What kind of society would it be if everyone was just a bunch of mooches?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Midjack posted:

We’re going to see at least one of the big three crumble and probably a bunch of the lovely low cost carriers too.

I see some sort of hell outcome where Spirit Airlines is somehow the only one left standing.

Also, DC Public Schools announced they're closed until April 24, and Jordan just put in a 24-hour mandatory curfew. No one allowed out of the house for any reason, including medical treatment (if you need care you have to call for it.) Punishment for violation is a year in jail. The curfew is in effect until at least March 24.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

This guy fucks

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12318638

Fox Glacier pilot flies tourists who break self-isolation rule to police

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
nationalize 👏 all 👏 the 👏 airlines 👏

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Midjack posted:

Trans States Airlines is rolling up some of their stuff early. They were going to shut down in December 31st but moved that up to April 1st.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Eej posted:

nationalize 👏 all 👏 the 👏 airlines 👏

This.

Also if Spirit airlines goes under, it might have all been worth it. gently caress that lovely airline.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

This.

Also if Spirit airlines goes under, it might have all been worth it. gently caress that lovely airline.

Gotta get the combo with Frontier for it to count.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Handsome Ralph posted:

This.

Can't wait to see their going out of business fee.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

That’s... bad.

Delta Airlines projecting an 80% drop in CO2 emmisions!

That's Good!

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
So, how many new births vs how many divorces will result from everyone staying at home for the next few months?

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

M_Gargantua posted:

Delta Airlines projecting an 80% drop in CO2 emmisions!

That's Good!
The drop in CO2 emissions is also cursed.

Seekhay
Sep 11, 2001

College Slice
Not sure what the implications here are (or if this is even a thing), but this just happened near Macy's in Manhattan a little while ago.

https://imgur.com/a/ikbGmQ4

(Idk how to embed it v0v)

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I don't think you can embed the imgur videos only gifs

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Seekhay posted:

Not sure what the implications here are (or if this is even a thing), but this just happened near Macy's in Manhattan a little while ago.

looks like MPs (afaik nobody else uses those ASVs or whatever they're called)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Seekhay posted:

It's probably just the national guard moving stuff around but I gotta say, the enormous stars and stripes esque banner in the background makes it look like some found footage from the intro cinematic of The Division, not gonna lie.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Kazinsal posted:

It's probably just the national guard moving stuff around but I gotta say, the enormous stars and stripes esque banner in the background makes it look like some found footage from the intro cinematic of The Division, not gonna lie.

There’s a national guard armory down there. It’s weird walking around Manhattan and coming across military trucks but yeah

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Seekhay posted:

Right click it, open as video

Change the .mp4 at the end to .gifv and just paste the link (no tags) into a post

https://i.imgur.com/ZZ1qlcl.gifv

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Seekhay posted:

I would bet good money they were told to get from A to B, no charter bus authorized, and we're seeing the only working vehicles in the whole motor pool. "Just make it happen, guys."

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Suntan Boy posted:

I would bet good money they were told to get from A to B, no charter bus authorized, and we're seeing the only working vehicles in the whole motor pool. "Just make it happen, guys."
I remember doing this through Seoul because dipshits wanted to just use GPS instead of plan a loving route: a five hour poo poo sundae with the cherry on top being that nobody considered sufficient clearance on overpasses for our LMTVs

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Bell_ posted:

I remember doing this through Seoul because dipshits wanted to just use GPS instead of plan a loving route: a five hour poo poo sundae with the cherry on top being that nobody considered sufficient clearance on overpasses for our LMTVs

Please tell me there's video of an LMTV getting its top sheared off by a Korean overpass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ceiling fan posted:

http://conferencecall.biz/