Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
From GCW's Acid Cup 2 Night 1 on 3/19
WMOTYC: Allie Kat vs Atticus Cogar
Allie Kat needs so much work. She tries really hard, but she's really bad, this match was a mess.

HM: Jordan Oliver vs Ellis Taylor
This was really fun! Some spots I haven't seen before too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Allie Kat needs so much work. She tries really hard, but she's really bad, this match was a mess.

Seconding both of these. Allie Kat is very bad.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MassRafTer posted:

I'll agree with this

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HM: Blake Christian vs. Benjamin Carter, GCW Acid Cup 2, 3/19

Fun match.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Fun match.

2nd

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Fun match.

Nth

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Fun match.

Agreed.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Cody, Page, & Jackson vs Ortiz, Santana, & Hager from this last Dynamite

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

super macho dude posted:

Statlander corpsing as they're all standing in the ring being introduced makes it an HM imo
There were two great Riho moments too, Brandy didn't announce her while she was making her entrance before the break and didn't announce her when they came back so Riho was just really confused as to whether she needs to take her jacket off or not.

She was also laughing hysterically at Kip slightly off camera because he caused Ford to lose the match.

The follow-up where Kip was trying to shove Colt and him just saying "Come on, I'm still a wrestler" and slapping him square in the face was loving hilarious, even thought it made Colt look like a bully.

So I'm Nthing the HM for this match. There was so much subtle comedy in the match because of the empty arena/informal show that made it stand out a lot more than it could've in front of a crowd.

HM: Kris Statlander vs. Riho vs. Hikaru Shida vs. Penelope Ford - AEW Dynamite 3/18

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

The follow-up where Kip was trying to shove Colt and him just saying "Come on, I'm still a wrestler" and slapping him square in the face was loving hilarious, even thought it made Colt look like a bully.

I'd say Kip was being the bully and Colt was perfectly in the right to be like "pal you're picking on someone your own size, I'm not some guy in the crowd you can mess with and not face repercussions"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

I Before E posted:

I'd say Kip was being the bully and Colt was perfectly in the right to be like "pal you're picking on someone your own size, I'm not some guy in the crowd you can mess with and not face repercussions"
Colt is like twice his mass/size, he's a comedy guy but he's a whole lot bigger than 5'8, 190 pound Kip Sabian.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

MOTYC: Chris Brookes vs Daisuke Sasaki from DDT Judgement March 20th.

I'll use one sentence to sell you on this match. British Kenny Omega (Brookes) vs Japanese Adam Page (Sasaki).

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Colt is like twice his mass/size, he's a comedy guy but he's a whole lot bigger than 5'8, 190 pound Kip Sabian.

That's fair, I just meant in the sense that kip was treating him like someone who isn't also trained and capable of competing.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

a warning slap to back down someone trying to intimidate you isn’t bullying in any way wtf

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

jesus WEP posted:

a warning slap to back down someone trying to intimidate you isn’t bullying in any way wtf

Exactly. Sabian is hostile first, lays hands on Colt first. Colt tries to move him away, gets shoved, and then settles it with a slap. It was actually pretty good character work as everyone acted like you'd expect them to act. Sabian was a yappy snarly dog, Cold was cocky rather than bullying, and now we have a story to follow.

(anyway, this is more a topic for the AEW thread so I'll stop now)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HM: Blake Christian vs. Matthew Justice, GCW Acid Cup 2 Night 2, 3/20

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: Joey Janela vs Jimmy Lloyd, Social Distancing Match, GCW Acid Cup 2 Night 2, 3/20

The best comedy match of the year, by far.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

Dragon Gate's Championship Gate Night 2, 3/1/2020

HM: Keisuke Okuda and Ben-K vs. Takashi Yoshida & Kaito Ishida

Fun match to set up an Okuda/Ishida Brave Gate challenge in the future. The Okuda/Ishida parts of the match made me real excited for that match, as did the finish The rare DQ and post-match. In addition the Ben-K/Yoshida parts of the match was some basic but always fun hoss-off stuff. Real enjoyable match.

HM: Open the Twin Gate Championship - BxB Hulk & Kazma Sakamoto vs. YAMATO and KAI

Was on it's way to being a strong MOTYC, but the gently caress finish, despite its intensity, brought it down, as you could feel it sort of deflate the crowd that was really getting into it.

WE WEREN'T ACTUALLY!

MOTYC: Open the Dream Gate Championship - Naruki Doi vs. Susumu Yokosuka

A very methodical match based more around a battle of wits and strategy than pure physical prowess. Doi changed up his style in the beginning of the match to a more submission based offense than usual, forcing Susumu to pick and chose his spots for a comeback, with the two guys eventually beating each other up that it just became who could dig deeper into the physical well until Doi reverted back to his earlier submission strategy to get the win. Excellent match to send the crowd home happy for the Corona Virus break.

Nth all these. Seeing Okuda just battering gently caress out of Ishida, taking off his gloves to ground and pound him and getting DQ'd ruled. The base level of DG tags is so high.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Joey Janela vs Jimmy Lloyd, Social Distancing Match, GCW Acid Cup 2 Night 2, 3/20

Agreeing. This was hilarious.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MOTYC: Chris Dickinson vs. Blake Christian, GCW Acid Cup 2 Night 2, 3/20

This match owned. Blake Christian is a Star.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'll give it a HM. The first half of it was really boring when they tried to mat wrestle but the rest was really good.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

sportsgenius86 posted:

MassRafTer posted:

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM: Blake Christian vs. Matthew Justice, GCW Acid Cup 2 Night 2, 3/20

sportsgenius86 posted:

NTH to all these. I do really like Allie as a personality but she definitely needs a lot of work. She works with enough excellent workers that it'll hopefully happen with time. I felt her 2nd round match was way better for what it's worth.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Akileese posted:

NTH to all these. I do really like Allie as a personality but she definitely needs a lot of work. She works with enough excellent workers that it'll hopefully happen with time. I felt her 2nd round match was way better for what it's worth.

I'll nth all of these too

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
23rd March
AJPW Dream Power Series
Korakuen Hall
AJPW Jr Heavyweight Title
Susumu Yokosuka vs Izanagi

2020 is the year of Susumu. Every singles matches he's had this year is a match wrestling fans should watch. He has really helped elevate the Jr belt in All Japan, he had an extremely good Dream Gate match. Love Susumu Yokosuka

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dimebags Brain posted:

Dragon Gate's Championship Gate Night 2, 3/1/2020

Hey just so you know, I wouldn't have seen most of these nominations if forkboy hadn't seconded them a couple weeks later, I assume you edited them in sometime after your initial post since I have some recorded but not others? If you see new posts made before you edit, please just make a new post!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
23rd March
AJPW Dream Power Series
Korakuen Hall
Triple Crown Title
Kento Miyahara vs Suwama

Jeez. Big match All Japan is so good

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
23rd March
AJPW Dream Power Series
Korakuen Hall
Triple Crown Title
Kento Miyahara vs Suwama

I shall second this: especially the closing stretch of that as well. Great match; end of a very fun show.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
23rd March
AJPW Dream Power Series
Korakuen Hall
Triple Crown Title
Kento Miyahara vs Suwama

I'll nth this. Fantastic last few minutes.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

Jerusalem posted:

Hey just so you know, I wouldn't have seen most of these nominations if forkboy hadn't seconded them a couple weeks later, I assume you edited them in sometime after your initial post since I have some recorded but not others? If you see new posts made before you edit, please just make a new post!

Hey Jru dunno if it's been asked before but could you post your organization method for tracking MOTY candidates? Seems like a lot of work and it'd be cool to see the back-end on how you organize this for the forum.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Mayumi Ozaki (c) & Saori Anou w/POLICE vs. Hiroyo Matsumoto & Aja Kong w/Yoshiko for the Blast Queen Championship in a Plasma Blast Deathmatch - Zero-1 Super Fireworks (2/24)

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/k3SwpT4ZxiG5jxvVMWA

If you've ever watched OZ Academy then you know exactly what kind of match this. Absolute nonsense chaos. It ruled.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Mayumi Ozaki (c) & Saori Anou w/POLICE vs. Hiroyo Matsumoto & Aja Kong w/Yoshiko for the Blast Queen Championship in a Plasma Blast Deathmatch - Zero-1 Super Fireworks (2/24)

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/k3SwpT4ZxiG5jxvVMWA

If you've ever watched OZ Academy then you know exactly what kind of match this. Absolute nonsense chaos. It ruled.

Hell yeah it did. 2nd

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs Sammy Guevara for the AAA Mega title, AEW Dynamite 3/25

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HM; Kenny Omega vs Sammy Guevara : Triple AAA Mega Championship - AEW Dynamite March 25th

Could of been MOTYC if in front of a live crowd but the finishing stretch got me into a show I wasn't all that into with some amazing counters. Do this match in an arena in a few months please

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SatoshiMiwa posted:

HM; Kenny Omega vs Sammy Guevara : Triple AAA Mega Championship - AEW Dynamite March 25th

Could of been MOTYC if in front of a live crowd but the finishing stretch got me into a show I wasn't all that into with some amazing counters. Do this match in an arena in a few months please

Agree with this totally, really good match.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'm not letting Covid have this too. Nthing for MOTYC

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ibexaz posted:

Hey Jru dunno if it's been asked before but could you post your organization method for tracking MOTY candidates? Seems like a lot of work and it'd be cool to see the back-end on how you organize this for the forum.

It's pretty basic and straightforward, I just have an excel spreadsheet where I record entries as they come in, with color-coded formatting for successful nominations:

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

I'll nth this!

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

It's a shame we don't track promo of the year because I'd nominate Chris Jericho vs Vanguard 1 in a heart beat.

PantherWill
Feb 23, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm gonna Nth this one and say that empty arena shows are oddly starting to grow on me. Not the way WWE does them, but I'm enjoying everyone else's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Agreed, they were clearly saving some bigger stuff for when they have a crowd but this version was really fun too.