Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

God drat, I’m actually kind of mad about this. Local estate sale company is going ahead with public “fondle all this poo poo” style tag/estate sale in the middle of all this. OSHA because they’re willfully creating and promoting a venue to spread COVID-19 that will undoubtedly impact their employees and customers, and by proxy of them, the healthcare workers at the already beyond-capacity hospitals in the area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Estate sales are soon to be booming.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Platystemon posted:

Estate sales are soon to be booming.

Holding an estate sale to draw in old people during an old people plague is definitely some business-building galaxy brain power move, I’ll grant you that.

Although it sounds like it’s not nearly as precisely targeting old people as previously believed, so that’s cool too.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/camilateleSUR/status/1240474928333414401

The plane was empty, just being used to get foreign nationals out of Ecuador.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

chitoryu12 posted:

https://twitter.com/camilateleSUR/status/1240474928333414401

The plane was empty, just being used to get foreign nationals out of Ecuador.

That's gotta he hella illegal by law and international treaty.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

https://youtu.be/n-DKs0qfdEk

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Bad Munki posted:

God drat, I’m actually kind of mad about this. Local estate sale company is going ahead with public “fondle all this poo poo” style tag/estate sale in the middle of all this. OSHA because they’re willfully creating and promoting a venue to spread COVID-19 that will undoubtedly impact their employees and customers, and by proxy of them, the healthcare workers at the already beyond-capacity hospitals in the area.

Estate sale people are insane.

I dated one.

Maybe she'll die of COVID.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Nah, you just weren't prepared for the realities of being manager, which is that poo poo happens, people bail and it's on you to fix it. That's your role. Sorry that workers sometimes make that difficult, but your plans not lining up perfectly due to someone calling out and having to think on your feet and fill that gap is literally your function.

That's the gig, is lining poo poo up, then having to rework things as workers can't come in because they aren't machines and it's your job to be able to accommodate that.

Getting upset because your pretty little plans didn't work out and trying to force everyone so you don't have to be flexible is what a lovely manager does.

Don't make someone come in when they're too ill to work, fullstop. Even if you think they 'did it to themselves'. You're potentially endangering your other workers just bc you want to 'teach someone a lesson'. Your other workers aren't guinea pigs to be used in that manner.

You are letting the desire to punish the 'bad workers' overwhelm your responsibility to the rest of your team.

I don't often feel hurt. But you managed it. Thank you.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Estate sale people are insane.

I dated one.

Maybe she'll die of COVID.

I don't know if we need to start doing this. She or any of us might.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
All managers should feel hurt. All managers should be hurt.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
All managers/executives should be fed to guillotines.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

biracial bear for uncut posted:

All managers/executives should be fed to guillotines.

imo throw them in a forever hole and let them buy a place in the guillotine line if they get desperate enough

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits

Rolling coal to own the Luddites

Tezer
Jul 9, 2001

20 Blunts posted:

Next OSHA item: now I have to decide when to stop (tree) work due to the virus. I guess when it starts to become clear nobody will be able to pay for it? Even the crew members barely have to come into contact with one another, especially when one guy is 50ft in the air in a bucket. Right now I've got two dudes doing a municipal gig in the middle of the woods.

I went out and pruned a little old ladies mulberry for like a third of my usual rate just to think about something else than the end of the world. She tried to bring a check out to me when I was done and I told her to mail it as I waved from the street, lol.

I work in residential construction - we're sewing up one or two interior projects that would be inconvenient to leave open (already demo'd kitchen and two bathrooms) and moved two siding/window projects up in the schedule that everyone's transitioning to for the next few weeks. Office is open with one employee to receive deliveries, but all other staff are working remote (estimator, owner, accountant, admin, designer).

We rarely have more than two or three people working at the same time on a project, so the avenues for transmission are very limited compared to an office or school setting. We'll see how cases continue to develop in our state and re-assess. All of our subcontractors and material suppliers are still active, with the exception of the inspection department which has introduced a limited inspection schedule while they work out a protocol they are comfortable with.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

My wife and I were discussing this last night. This time last year we were just getting the gas hookups for the house we were building and starting the final sprint to finishing the build. If this had happened at that time we wouldn't have been able to complete the build and would be hyper hosed.

We were living in a kitchenless 1-room 500 ft basement apartment with our kid, dog, and all of our possessions during the build.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

I don't think model railways are covered by OSHA.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/fRczZe6.gifv

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Iron Crowned posted:

It's not like there are readily available adapters out there that do the same thing for under $5

With Amazon prime, I guess it's not that big of a deal. There was a period of time where places like walmart stopped carrying anything besides a splitter cable, and you'd have to get anything else from somewhere like monoprice, which would take a while.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

No fall protection. Definitely OSHA.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Tezer posted:

I work in residential construction - we're sewing up one or two interior projects that would be inconvenient to leave open (already demo'd kitchen and two bathrooms) and moved two siding/window projects up in the schedule that everyone's transitioning to for the next few weeks. Office is open with one employee to receive deliveries, but all other staff are working remote (estimator, owner, accountant, admin, designer).

We rarely have more than two or three people working at the same time on a project, so the avenues for transmission are very limited compared to an office or school setting. We'll see how cases continue to develop in our state and re-assess. All of our subcontractors and material suppliers are still active, with the exception of the inspection department which has introduced a limited inspection schedule while they work out a protocol they are comfortable with.

There are four people putting a new roof on the house across the street from me right now.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

If you like threw a hand full of screws at these people what would happen?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

nothing that isn't already happening to them

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

LifeSunDeath posted:

It might make some cool sparks, but nothing would happen to them. I'm assuming that the suits they are wearing are faraday cages so they aren't in any real danger aside from maybe the loud sounds of the zaps and like someone mentioned, falling off those platforms.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

Bolts beat screws every time. You've never played Screw, Nut, Bolt before?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

LifeSunDeath posted:

They'd be completely screwed.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

monolithburger posted:

Bolts beat screws every time. You've never played Screw, Nut, Bolt before?

Yes but apparently by very different rules.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

LifeSunDeath posted:

get out of here stalker

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

BMan posted:

get out of here stalker

HAHA, I wasn't directly thinking this when I posted, but it must have been this in my subconscious mind.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/CebJnPu.mp4

It’s hypnotic and kinda disturbing to watch.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

What you're actually feeling is nausea from the incredibly shaky camera.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Tezer posted:

My job site was down to 60 people the last time I heard anything. It’s always small groups, but god drat I wonder if this is going to knock the completion date out to June at this point. There’s only one unit left to build but it feels like it’ll never get done.

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

I never cease to have a :stare: reaction to those humongous shredders.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Cartoon Man posted:

If you want disturbing, watch the video where they threw a dead cow into one of those things.

No, I'm not linking it.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Cartoon Man posted:

FEED ME A STRAY CAR

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Good way to ensure social distancing.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

MisterOblivious posted:

FEED ME A STRAY CAR

:golfclap:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

MisterOblivious posted:

FEED ME A STRAY CAR

:master:

Kith fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Mar 21, 2020

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

It's not as if there are regulations on storing gasoline in approved containers only for a reason. Just go hog wild!

https://twitter.com/RyanDeto/status/1241041992513175552

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Jet Jaguar posted:

It's not as if there are regulations on storing gasoline in approved containers only for a reason. Just go hog wild!

Wildcard bitches!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Jet Jaguar posted:

If those totes are HDPE then they won't melt, but that doesn't solve the ventilation issue there.