Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Was Peter Combe the newspaper mama guy or nah

Yeah that was him, we had his songs on vinyl when I was a kid. Had to live with this

staring at me from next to the radio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

McSpergin posted:

Grandma: " I had some guests from America last week for lunch, and some from Taiwan the week before"

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

McSpergin posted:

Grandma: " I had some guests from America last week for lunch, and some from Taiwan the week before"

This is why you need to assume that everyone has potentially been exposed rather than assuming that no-one has.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

naeka posted:

i hate cops as much as the next bogan but people are not at all taking seriously the amount of death we are looking at over the next few weeks & months so lock poo poo down already. it's too late to stop the spread now but people can atleast minimise it by not being fuckwits and staying home.

I had friends in my fb feed thinking about heading there because it was so hot. Seems kind of crazy with over 400 known cases Sydney, and it's probably going to increase a lot in the next week.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Devian666 posted:

I had friends in my fb feed thinking about heading there because it was so hot. Seems kind of crazy with over 400 known cases Sydney, and it's probably going to increase a lot in the next week.

Everyone has an excuse as to why the bans and the recommendations don't apply to them.

There are now over 1000 recorded cases in Australia but I expect it's going to take an awful lot more before the general public as a whole starts following the rules. We probably won't see that happen until there are a lot more deaths - deaths which are very much preventable if everyone does the right thing.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Was Peter Combe the newspaper mama guy or nah

yah

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Using Animal Crossing’s powerful custom design tools to make NVJ

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Wireframe NVJ traumatises a baby monkey

mala
Jun 21, 2010
I hear that dying from smoking is preventable does that apply to you

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

tardwrangler posted:

Wireframe NVJ traumatises a baby monkey

I understand this reference and I kind of wish I didn’t tbh

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Rice was thin even at the Asian supermarket this morning, they only had 5kg bags of Japanese short grain from Hiroshima so guess who had 5kg of Japanese short grain rice from Hiroshima.

Got stuff for Japanese curry, spag bol, 8 snags, dumplings, bao and some long life veggies from the local farmers market. I'm keep on telling myself it's cool to prep a bit as my wife and I are very high risk to exposure but I can't help feeling like a dick.

No TP on shelves at the local tho, down to 5 rolls so fingers crossed.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Megabound posted:

Rice was thin even at the Asian supermarket this morning, they only had 5kg bags of Japanese short grain from Hiroshima so guess who had 5kg of Japanese short grain rice from Hiroshima.

Got stuff for Japanese curry, spag bol, 8 snags, dumplings, bao and some long life veggies from the local farmers market. I'm keep on telling myself it's cool to prep a bit as my wife and I are very high risk to exposure but I can't help feeling like a dick.

No TP on shelves at the local tho, down to 5 rolls so fingers crossed.

I felt bad buying both 2 bags of pasta and a bag of rice this morning which was the only 2Kg bag to be seen. My batch of spag bol will do 3-4 dinners and the stew I'll do tomorrow night will also do 3 or so dinners so I'll have a little stock on hand. I got one 4 pack of toilet paper at the last supermarket I went to which will see us through for a bit but everytime we get to 2 rolls I or my partner seem to find a little more to allow us to continue on.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I'm pleasantly surprised at how good the Woolies brand tp is.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
quilton is too soft, if only solvol made a toilet paper, that'd do a proper job

will have to settle for fine emery paper

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Airstream Driver posted:

I'm pleasantly surprised at how good the Woolies brand tp is.

I dont mean to spruik for them but both big chains take their home brand products pretty seriously. The more expensive ‘select’ homebrand stuff used to be almost always worse than the straight homebrand but i think they upped their game on that too

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress

Pretty much my reaction. Gonna have to keep an eye on things.

At least it's not like the state government in NSW let a few thousand people off a cruise ship from NZ without testing any despite there being at least 14 people who tested positive

Oh, poo poo, wait. yeah they did

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

well if the government is loving up then it certainly gives me permission to go out there and gently caress it up too

Seedy ROM
Aug 25, 2018

FKN FUN POLICE
On Saturday my partner saw a bloke at a Canberra Woolies having a tantie about the lack of paper towel stock.

He was shouting at staff that he was going to piss on the floor so they'd bring out the paper towels they were too lazy to restock to mop up his piss.

They told him to leave, and he did, so no floor pissing in the end.

"No society is more than three rolls of dunny paper away from revolution" - Kurt Cobain

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

You can’t just go around saying poo poo like that and not following up, it’s such a thin margin of credibility but if you are throwing public tanties you absolutely have no other social leverage other than the fact that you will perform even more distressing anti social behaviour at the drop of a hat out of spite alone

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Surely they would just mop up the piss. He would need to poo poo.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

The effort involved in cleaning it up is an after thought, the main motivation behind this kind of behaviour is mostly to generate the most immediate stress for everyone privy to the situation, other shoppers included. I’d bet dicks to dollars that person has an incredible issue managing their own stress and when faced with an overwhelming feeling of stress they seek to externalise it as much in the most immediate way available to them.

This coward decided the act of yelling was enough when clearly regressing to infanthood in front of a bunch of strangers would have caused much more distress.

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Mar 21, 2020

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
please ensure that people remain at least 1.4m away from you by cultivating a pungent musk created by rubbing all your bodily wastes and reproductive fluids into your pale, tv-tanned flesh

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Kenny Rogers died, immediately thought of this old classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if27InJBtEI

Seedy ROM
Aug 25, 2018

FKN FUN POLICE

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

This coward decided the act of yelling was enough when clearly regressing to infanthood in front of a bunch of strangers would have caused much more distress.

You're right, it's legit emotional violence. That dude would benefit from some mandatory dialectical behaviour work or a punch in the cock or both.

It worries me. Even though it's the dumbest thing I've heard so far (and it happened local to me), it's likely not even close to the stupid hurtful poo poo that is yet to abound.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I did dbt and it was real loving good but it was a group thing and most of the people in any given group would be really nice and about on my level of bpd brain worms if not much better adjusted but there was always one floor pisser sort of dude in each group and the group mediator would spend most of their energy mitigating this one dude (it was always a dude) and his insane aggressive energy he literally could not turn off bc the act of group therapy was apparently an inherently combative experience for them

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

It really does hurt to think there is so thin a line between the pathology of floor pisser and myself that we’d both benefit from the same programme but I am buoyed by the knowledge that the fact that hurts me implies a common obsession with social contracts with people who would never dream of pissing on a supermarket floor

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shortage of stock, I will fear no hoarders: for NVJ is with me; his facepaint and his turban they comfort me.

Woop woop.

ili fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 21, 2020

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
NVJs Bogroll Safari where he drives you from store to store in a zebra print Hiace and takes a 10% cut

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I spent the last few days looking for a house to rent around Sydney. The number of people showing up to inspections that are coughing or looking sick is terrifying. Pubs nearby the hotel I was staying at were packed with people on Friday night. People just don't give a gently caress. They just need to lock everything down....well after Thursday so I can pick up my new furniture

Did end up getting a place that's a 15 min walk to work.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Raged posted:

The number of people showing up to inspections that are coughing or looking sick is terrifying. Pubs nearby the hotel I was staying at were packed with people on Friday night. People just don't give a gently caress. They just need to lock everything down....well after Thursday so I can pick up my new furniture

People won't start giving a gently caress until someone they know ends up in hospital or dies from it.

The absence of strong, consistent messaging doesn't help, either. Nor does the extreme unpopularity of those delivering the messages.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Mar 21, 2020

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

What would be the Zookeeper Dress Uniform. What do they wear to a zooneral?

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I broke cover on friday to see my gp who blessed me with diaz and codiene, also a bunch of puffers and antibiotics
He looked scared and resigned and we both kept our hands in our pockets.
We are now locked down for 4 to 12 weeks
Expecting an extra special brissy surprise in the mail.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Intruder in the sweet potato patch

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
( )squash it
( ) dress it up
( ) lick it
( ) get it drunk

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Sleeper agent has been activated

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

well why not posted:

What would be the Zookeeper Dress Uniform. What do they wear to a zooneral?

Khaki

Zooneral

Khaki with a black snake around shoulders

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Thoughts on still going to the gym because they haven’t been closed yet??

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Jestery posted:

Intruder in the sweet potato patch

Predator remake looks loving dope

I hope you just let him live his best life bc he’s a native not a cane fucker

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Kharnifex posted:

Khaki

Zooneral

Khaki with a black snake around shoulders

I was imaging pith helmets but this is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

holy poo poo, managed to get some tp upon opening of the local coles today, but they ran out in the first 2 minutes!