Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Having gone out in public a slight bit (pharmacy, walks, walmart lol) man there is such a strange energy in the air isn't there.
Everyone politely kind of avoiding each-other as much as possible, lots of half grins that everyone understands. Like everyone can only slightly believe how loving weird everyone's lives have gotten all of a sudden.

It's like everyone is filled with half terror, and half "lol wtf".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

For about half a year now there's a 50/50 chance that even having one drink will make me feel ill (basically I feel like I have a bad hangover two hours after I drink it). Two drinks means I'm staying awake all night feeling sick. My best guess is it's related to my medication, but I haven't changed what I've been taking in like 3 years so if it's not some kind of small manufacturer change then I have no clue what shot my tolerance down.

AHEM, moral of the story is, at least I can't handle drinking, so while I would love to be getting drunk every day in self quarantine I kinda can't. I like drinking though so it all kinda sucks.

Also animal crossing owns.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The malaria drug the army gave me just about drove me insane to the point of wanting to blow my brains out. The silver lining is that the people who got extremely rich because of that drug were later mysteriously murdered.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Kharohz posted:

The internet is not allowed to go down. Only because my retarded qanon mother is convinced it is going to go down for 10 days. She is also convinced that this coronavirus thing will end on good friday and that the market will completely crash, but don't worry its ok - there is a newer better one that will remove all debt and we will live in complete paradise and not have to ever work again.

If she's QAnon she means SHE won't have to work again. You know who will

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Dannywilson posted:

distro as a PDF, I'll print them out and post them everywhere lol

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:6fa3f60f-65f1-4ca1-9594-390a268afa2d

Does this work? :shrug:

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

So in Fort Lauderdale, FL (hearing this secondhand), friend of a friend had family friends over from Italy. From a hotspot area. Before the flight bans were in place. Stayed with her, flew back before everything shut down, back to France. They both tested positive for Covid-19 in France. She came down with all the symptoms. Went to the hospital, got asked all the questions even though she had most or all of the expected symptoms, they basically had the attitude of we're not testing you. Have you been in contact with a confirmed case? Yes, explained everything, the close physical contact. They tell her, well, we don't have any tests. Go home. Your case is under investigation by the CDC, so you're a potential but we can't confirm if we can't test.

Fort Lauderdale is in a major metropolitan area, in a county of about two million.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

we're clearly all hosed but florida is like extra deluxe platinum level hosed

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Dude the 80% infection rate figure is starting to sound low lmao.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
It's a reverse how high situation, study low...GET LOW SCORES... Excellent thinking Donald

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Can we quarantine Florida from the outside

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
Donald sounds close to the name Jamal if you marble mouth both during pronunciation; connection to current president is merely extra happy coincidence

AnnoyBot
May 28, 2001
I tried to go for a walk with my kids and across the bridge from our neighborhood was a sewer vacuum truck doing its thing. So the only way out was through the [presumably] virus laden plume. Our walk was short, because gently caress that.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
Such as was life :d:D:cheers:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

My throat is a tiny bit sore but I'm pretty sure it's from screaming to death metal in my car earlier on the way home from getting hay for my sheep. Catharsis, not covid.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Yesterday, after looking at the numbers for my state (in Australia), I predicted we're at around 50/day. Today they've announced 59. I expect by midweek we'll be seeing around 250/day and by next weekend we might already be at 1,000/day.

They're still bragging about how the only new cases are people returning from overseas or those who had contact with people confirmed to be sick... while refusing to test anyone who hasn't just returned from overseas or had contact with someone confirmed to be sick :ughh:

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
World is a gently caress

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Google Butt posted:

this but the entire United States of America

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

this but the entire United States of America

Pretty sure this is coming soon. No one wants to be first to do it though.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
The Canadian border is already mostly-closed to Americans.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Back to hornychat what’s the reason for this sudden uptick?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Google Butt posted:

The Florida Keys are already quarantining themselves from the rest of Florida lol

https://keysweekly.com/42/florida-keys-closing-to-visitors-as-of-sunday/

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
One of my co-workers was an idiot and still decided to go to key West on vacation right now

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Hardawn posted:

One of my co-workers was an idiot and still decided to go to key West on vacation right now

RIP

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

somebody needs to convince trump to legalize weed nationally because of the quarantine

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

somebody needs to convince trump to legalize weed nationally because of the quarantine

I can only vote trump 2020 so many times bfore my dick falls off :swoon:

Real talk, I wonder if Trump has ever gotten stoned. He was probably coked up for the 80s like every other Wall Street dude.

SwissDonkey
Mar 29, 2007

vandalism posted:

I can only vote trump 2020 so many times bfore my dick falls off :swoon:

Real talk, I wonder if Trump has ever gotten stoned. He was probably coked up for the 80s like every other Wall Street dude.

There's numerous independent sources that claim he's a current amphetamine addict!

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I suddenly became worried for zoos.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Professorjuggalo posted:

Back to hornychat what’s the reason for this sudden uptick?

Uptick in what

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Beachcomber posted:

As long as the grocers remain stocked, I'm sure they'll be fine

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Rip my city.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Some absolute King poo poo posted by Arnold today on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/user/GovSchwarzenegger/comments/flz3es/stay_at_home_stay_fit/

quote:

This coronavirus pandemic is unprecedented. I have heard from so many of my fans that you are anxious and scared.

Almost everything happening around the world right now is out of our control. Almost everything. Instead of worrying about the things we can’t change, let’s focus on the things we do control.

First, and most importantly, we can control how responsible we are right now. We can slow down the spread of the virus by staying at home as much as possible. I know that isn’t easy, but right now it’s our responsibility. Most of us will be fine if we get the virus. This is a time not to think about yourself, but to think about the people you could be infecting. Be a part of the solution, and stay home every chance you can. That means no bars, no restaurants, no gatherings, and you’ll all be shocked to hear this from me, but no gyms.

Even without a gym, we can also control our physical fitness during this pandemic. Body weight, or freehand, training is the oldest method in the world. Gladiators and Vikings didn’t have gymnasiums. I started my own fitness journey with chin-ups on a tree branch by a lake in Austria. My father would encourage my brother and I to train by following the footsteps of a boxing hero of ours, László Papp, who chopped wood when he was preparing for a fight (this was a great trick to get us to do our chores). And once, when I found myself in New York to promote fitness, but ironically I couldn’t find a gym, I still found a way to train. I ran up the steps of the Park Lane Hotel where I was staying, all 46 stories, and by the end I was completely schvitzy and my legs got an incredible pump.

You don’t need a gym to be fit. I’ve written a program for all of you. You can do it every other day and it will cover all of your muscle groups.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

OK, someone wanna reboot my Matrix? These glitches are really ruining my immersion.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Uptick in what

Uptick in dudes looking for an excuse to talk about their tiny diseased boners in the coronavirus thread

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

QuarkJets posted:

Uptick in dudes looking for an excuse to talk about their tiny diseased boners in the coronavirus thread
its not diseased

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Beachcomber posted:

Mine still has the zookeepers working, but everything else is shut down, and the loss of revenue is going to make operations a struggle if this goes on for too long. We'd have to transfer funds from our endangered species breeding and international conservation programs just to keep our animals alive. Because unlike the flood in 2013, we can't just ship them to other zoos right now.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
The airport is a madhouse. Why haven't they just closed it. I don't want to go work. I get no vacation or paid holidays, I just wanna relax. :(

Bunch of people still traveling. I would assume only to get home, but clearly not since almost all the flights are domestic short-hops. More travelers than there ought to be - considering. But the airlines are rapidly going bankrupt; flights are down 50% at my airport and those flights have few passengers so the revenue has gone down considerably more than 75%.

My company has been firing people and granting unpaid time off to anyone that wants it. Meanwhile people are just calling off, a lot. One morning every person on one operation was on leave/called off and the management had to come fuel the planes. I just got word maintenance is also not allowed to do overtime. I'm the only person in a department of 5 and it's been that way for months, working 12-16h shifts. Oh well maybe I'll have time to get food now. I haven't been able to buy groceries in a week and I've resorted to take-out entirely.

If I go to the gym after work, I work out. If I go home after work, I sleep. The only reason I have a gym membership is because I know I'm lazy when I'm home. Speaking of, how are y'all getting protein?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Im gonna be so ripped by the time this pandemic is over

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ive been seeing posts on facebook to act like you are already infected. i need to sit down and figure this out but it seems to me like a reverse prisoners dilemma kind of thing. it really rubs me the wrong way because i work in one of those "essential services" and short of seeing a total halt to society we still need to operate. until new guidelines are figured out on how to conduct "business as usual" how about people who are high risk stay the gently caress away. its crazy enough right now without me having to get anxiety weather im asymptomatic and actually a super spreader.

by the way im loving all the instagram poo poo of people working from home and students off school or just general ingrates who dont have anything better to do and playing it like a party. im healthy and i probably wont show many symptoms but you never know, knock on wood, so im going to be at work as much as i can. im getting all the crazy poo poo right now. im sure people in grocery stores are getting the same thing. nurses and doctors and support staff are doing gods work.

so if you are having a fun loving time self isolating but somehow also with a bunch of friends in a hot tub and drinking all your wine keep it to yourself.

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Mar 21, 2020

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

They 100% should have closed the airports already. The fact they haven’t is kinda mind blowing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Tei posted:

I would be surprised if the cookie thing is not created to increase surveillance. To show that cookie message you need javascript. So a website withouth javascript need to add it. A nation state can make so they intercept the javascript being downloaded and replace it with one that spy things like mouse movements, maybe use a exploit to inject him into the system. Withouth javascript you are reading a website, with javascript the website may be reading you.

Theres multiple ways to track visitors, cookies was only of them, the cookie thing only made european companies less competitives and generally anoy every citizen. The people that voted for them should one day face revolutionary justice.

Sorry but Tei this is utter horseshit and you're a smart guy you should really know better.

1) HTTPS is a thing
2) If they wanted to spy so bad why wouldn't they just inject the JS anyway (I mean other than the glaringly obvious technical inability to do so)? Why would it have to do with cookies and GDPR at all?
3) Forcing companies to explain what they're tracking and why is a good thing and if that annoys a user then that's that user's problem and they're stupid