Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
It was nice to have a low stakes villain who just wanted to be famous. Not everyone needs a philosophy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

that was a very good fight

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Eej posted:

Blood 'n guts is different because parental abuse or suicide from social isolation are far, far more relatable to the average reader.
Oh, no doubt, but it's still a hosed up state of affairs regardless. Also, both KnY and CSM feature some pretty heavy parental abuse/social alienation as well because surprise surprise, fantasy/supernatural settings though they might be, both Taisho-Era Japan (about 100 or so years ago) and the not-so distant future also have a ton of shittiness that the characters have to waddle through.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I do wonder what exactly Gentle's plan was, should he succeeded no problems. "Behold, it is I! Gentle Criminal! I have infiltrated your open to the public (i think?) festival! Bwa ha ha! Okay, I am going to walk out now! Farewell!"

Ideally, no one would recognize him as Gentle Criminal and he doesn't want to fight. So he'd probably just photo-bomb and then leave, maybe after getting some of the party food.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
welp post in the wrong thread

I still haven't watched the MHA HR movie yet

AMC A list is saying it's not elligible towards MHA, was that always the case?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The festival is not open to the public. Some unkown guy being there would be suspious as hell.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

A lot of these limited run anime showings are treated as event tickets and not normal movie tickets, are a bit more pricey as a result, and I'm assuming would not apply for customer loyalty programs like A List.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

My theater charges a surcharge but still lets you use the free tickets from their loyalty program (Cinemark).

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/KaiserNeko/status/1239432986443034625

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
A real feel-good episode today, if I may say so. :)
Edit: there's a post-credits scene, too.

Bofast fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Mar 21, 2020

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I'M NOT CRYING! YOU ARE CRYING!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgwUenaQqlM

Official song btw.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
It was a good song, too.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I cried like a little baby just like when I read this in the manga (fun fact, Horikoshi was dying at the time so this was all sketches in the original release)

Anime only people you're in for a wild ride starting next week

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Carlosologist posted:

fun fact, Horikoshi was dying at the time

That's not a fun fact at all!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Hawks next week. :toot:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I remember reading an interview with Horikoshi where he said that originally he was going to have Hagakure win the beauty contest before eventually deciding he'd rather have the whole class working together on this performance.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nice episode, though was that actually Jiro’s VA doing the singing?

Also out of curiosity, why was the song in English?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Mar 21, 2020

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
bakugo: "i'm just here to hit drums, keep your perky bullshit to yourselves"

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Here’s Jiro’s song if anyone’s interested:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=tdkKXlTtsZc

Assuming that was actually her singing that was pretty coherent honestly, I wonder if her actress is bilingual.

I’m also kind of curious if they’re even going to bother re-recording this in the dub (does Trina Nishimura even have any singing experience?)

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Probably not, they didn't re-record the other song Jirou sang in the earlier episode.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Larryb posted:

Jirou's singing voice is so powerful that it transcended the barriers of language.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Larryb posted:

Nice episode, though was that actually Jiro’s VA doing the singing?

Larryb posted:

Assuming that was actually her singing that was pretty coherent honestly, I wonder if her actress is bilingual.

It wasn't her voice actress, Kei Shindo, but actual singer Chrissy Constanza. The song's in English because said singer is American herself, although in-universe it's likely because Jiro's musical influences are American/British themselves rather than Japanese music.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Between today's concert and Jiro getting to be in the last line of defense against Nine in the movie, it's been a good month for Jiro content. What a good kid...

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I looked it up to confirm and it seems a waste that Gentle and La Brava don't become recurring characters in one way or another.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://www.sakugabooru.com/data/c1a1284acca0be1c54d0eb828c40dd40.mp4

ow my heart

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Need a gif of Eri excitedly talking about the show with Mirio copying her movements.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:
I guess I had some sort of allergic reaction trying to watch this episode because water kept coming out of my eyes.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
We don't deserve Mirio. :cry:

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
This chapter was so rough in the manga when it first came out because Horikoshi basically had to finish two chapters in the span of like ten days, as I recall. But even when the rest of the chapter was sketchy and unfinished, the page that matters most gets me every time.

The anime nailed it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Shere posted:

This chapter was so rough in the manga when it first came out because Horikoshi basically had to finish two chapters in the span of like ten days, as I recall. But even when the rest of the chapter was sketchy and unfinished, the page that matters most gets me every time.

The anime nailed it.

It stabbed me square in the heart, and I knew it was coming

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I can't believe they killed Overhaul with the power of rock music.

Jack Black would be proud.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

That was so cute!!!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Love to be a 30 year old man crying at the punch toons

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I have been waiting for this episode for so long and it was everything I wanted.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So out of curiosity, did Chrissy Costanza also provide Jiro’s singing voice a few episodes back as well?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Mar 22, 2020

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

lunar detritus posted:

I have been waiting for this episode for so long and it was everything I wanted.
______/

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

drat, that was a good concert

Shame we couldn't get the full play though

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Mirio called Deku Sir. That was a nice touch

Vinylshadow posted:

Shame we couldn't get the full play though
I love how much of a mashup that was.

Anshu
Jan 9, 2019

FilthyImp posted:

Mirio called Deku Sir. That was a nice touch

I'm pretty sure he was actually addressing Nighteye('s spirit).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?
Just further echoing how great this episode was. Really right in the good feels.