Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm excited to start Animal Crossing!!

Nice, I also named my island that, surely nothing will

GO WRONG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
What time do I have to be up tomorrow to get some drat turnips?

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Captain Hygiene posted:

liquidypoo's dump is cool (:blush:)

:mmmhmm:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

mancalamania posted:

What time do I have to be up tomorrow to get some drat turnips?

5 AM EST, probably.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Is 100 bells still the "average" turnip price? Was it ever, am I just misremembering (oh god I first played this series almost 20 years ago)

cosmo sex tip
Sep 26, 2005
contains sodium borate, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, glucose, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase, and fragrance.

i made a hoodie and a hat that look ridiculous but i'm real proud of them anyway, and i'm never taking them off

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Zen as gently caress :3:

Edit: Island is open if you want, nothing exciting though. Just starting out and being clueless. Dodo code: B7G4H

Casu Marzu fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Mar 22, 2020

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Oh hell yes I just found Tarantula Island

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

I just encountered my first tarantula too. I ran up to it expecting to catch it like any other bug, whiffed, and found out what the deal is with that.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Holy poo poo if you get an island with tarantulas and know how to catch them you're bringing back 100k easily. Paid for my whole house loan with one trip!

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
Tarantulas in this game are a wee bit too lifelike for me. I HATE them! :(

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

I've discovered that you can sort of expedite crafting if you mash A repeatedly while the item crafts. You do your crafting animation super fast, which looks rather hilarious.

Useful when making a million baits.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

I have many pears, a few apples, and a lovely bunch of coconuts if someone that has peaches wants to open the Dodo gate.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

FBS posted:

Is 100 bells still the "average" turnip price? Was it ever, am I just misremembering (oh god I first played this series almost 20 years ago)

I think so, yes!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Friend visiting is awesome, it's really nice that you can just fly to another island and get stuff that you wouldn't normally unlock for a while.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

BattyKiara posted:

Tarantulas in this game are lifelike and adorable. I ~love~ them! :)

cosmo sex tip
Sep 26, 2005
contains sodium borate, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, glucose, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase, and fragrance.

Hey. It's Saturday night. Is KK Slider gonna come by the island tonight???

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Sup goons. We got a spreadsheet yet for friend codes?

😈

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Yoshi Jjang posted:

Wasps and tarantulas got nerfed pretty hard in this game. First night on the island, I saw a tarantula, walked up to it, and caught it, and that was that.

The next day, I shook a tree, wasps came out, turned to my side, and caught it with my net. I didn't act super fast or anything.

When I was playing with my husband and we shook a wasp hive, I managed to run around a tree about five times before he was able to catch it himself. I would've gotten stung within a seconds in any previous game.

I am...okay with this?

Unless you're this person.

I think y'all are just good! I am constantly stung-face. Might as well be permanent.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Khanstant posted:

I think y'all are just good! I am constantly stung-face. Might as well be permanent.

End of the OP my dude

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Bina posted:

Sup goons. We got a spreadsheet yet for friend codes?

😈

Yeah and you better hurry, my friend list is almost at the full 300. A lot of you are slacking on adding people after you put your name on you list, I had to do all the work! :mad:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I gotta say this is probably the best Gulliver has been. All of his dialogue has been so good.

He's my brudder from anudder rudder.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

cosmo sex tip posted:

Hey. It's Saturday night. Is KK Slider gonna come by the island tonight???

Yeah, I wondered when someone would mention the elephant in the room.

It looks like K.K. Slider will not appear until Resident Services moves into a building and your island becomes a 3-star Island, whatever that last part means. So..........not this week. Probably the next if you don't slack off?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Color Printer posted:

It looks like K.K. Slider will not appear until Resident Services moves into a building and your island becomes a 3-star Island, whatever that last part means. So..........not this week. Probably the next if you don't slack off?

Is there like a checklist or something to make sure I'm getting Resident Services on time?

I want my hourly music drat it!

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Electric Phantasm posted:

I gotta say this is probably the best Gulliver has been. All of his dialogue has been so good.

He's my brudder from anudder rudder.

Finding out that his crewmates left him on read was equal parts heartbreaking and hilarious

Bert of the Forest
Apr 27, 2013

Shucks folks, I'm speechless. Hawf Hawf Hawf!
My wife and I have been having a blast so far. She's covering the cute end of the spectrum and I feel obligated to earn the game's "comic mischief" rating description.

https://twitter.com/SlickNickLives/status/1241276092331077633

https://twitter.com/SlickNickLives/status/1241493231273037824

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’ve never played an Animal Crossing. Is there any way to tell if I will like it before buying?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:hmmyes:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
So I wished on a bunch of stars last night and ended up with a Pisces fragment. I know the star fragments are used for something with Celeste, but what's up with these Zodiac ones?

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

up-and coming pokemon trainer

:love: Justice

Macintosh HD posted:

As someone who shaves his head, being forced to choose hair is a microaggression. :colbert:

As someone who started balding in his early twenties I concur. This is video game problems

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

RCarr posted:

I’ve never played an Animal Crossing. Is there any way to tell if I will like it before buying?

how do you feel about chill vibes

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

how do you feel about chill vibes

I’m for them.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

You absolute monster

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

RCarr posted:

It's an extremely chill game that you play in smaller parts, and rewards patience, chill, and creativity. Also tickles the part of our lizard brains that love collecting.

Not a very action or bingey game.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

JosefStalinator posted:

It's an extremely chill game that you play in smaller parts, and rewards patience, chill, and creativity. Also tickles the part of our lizard brains that love collecting.

Not a very action or bingey game.

All that sounds good to me except the patience. Is it the type of game you just pick up and play for an hour a day? Does it discourage playing in 3-4 chunks?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bert of the Forest posted:

My wife and I have been having a blast so far. She's covering the cute end of the spectrum and I feel obligated to earn the game's "comic mischief" rating description.

https://twitter.com/SlickNickLives/status/1241276092331077633

https://twitter.com/SlickNickLives/status/1241493231273037824

Which color palette do you use for this?

Man recreating a design just by eyeing a picture, giving me GC Animal Crossing flashbacks.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

RCarr posted:

All that sounds good to me except the patience. Is it the type of game you just pick up and play for an hour a day? Does it discourage playing in 3-4 chunks?

It's one of those things where you can just wander around doing random junk for as long as you want. A lot of stuff's "oh, cool, this'll be ready tomorrow" and you can go back to fishing or landscaping until it's done.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Echophonic posted:

It's one of those things where you can just wander around doing random junk for as long as you want. A lot of stuff's "oh, cool, this'll be ready tomorrow" and you can go back to fishing or landscaping until it's done.

Ok yea I can get down with that. I was worried you play for an hour and then there’s nothing useful you can do until the next day.

Bert of the Forest
Apr 27, 2013

Shucks folks, I'm speechless. Hawf Hawf Hawf!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Which color palette do you use for this?

Man recreating a design just by eyeing a picture, giving me GC Animal Crossing flashbacks.

I'm using a custom palette using the "Pro" creator tools or whatever they're called. You can get it from Nook's ATM-lookin thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cosmo sex tip
Sep 26, 2005

Color Printer posted:

this is truly devastating.