Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

three posted:

UGA hosed him.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Gurley had fewer carries in college than Zeke, or Lev Bell, or Dalvin Cook, or Mark Ingram, or Derrick Henry or a bunch of other guys. He's not breaking down because he ran too much at Georgia, it's because he's just got lovely knees.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

three posted:

UGA hosed him.

Seriously he basically wasn't supposed to have a career after what UGA did to him.

It's amazing he's been anything, let alone great.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Those last two posts are a great juxtaposition

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
UGA hosed him by forcing him to have a disgusting knee injury

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

From the NFL.com draft profile of Gurley:

"He played less than 40 percent of his team's offensive snaps over the last three years, so there is plenty of tread still on the tires."

The biggest knocks on Gurley were that he was injured often which just a thing that happens to running backs. And he still went 10th in the draft.

I dunno where this idea that Georgia ruined him came from.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Regardless of whether or not UGA ruined Gurley, having arthritis in the knees certainly did, and I hate that for him. He was so fun to watch in his prime, and it sucks that he has to deal with that.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Gurley was clearly good enough to be drafted tenth, but he clearly he underlying knee injuries.

I kinda wonder what would have happened if Jeff fisher had never got his claws into him.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

YOLOsubmarine posted:

From the NFL.com draft profile of Gurley:

"He played less than 40 percent of his team's offensive snaps over the last three years, so there is plenty of tread still on the tires."

The biggest knocks on Gurley were that he was injured often which just a thing that happens to running backs. And he still went 10th in the draft.

I dunno where this idea that Georgia ruined him came from.

The reason for that is he was gruesomely injured in 2 of those seasons.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Go Vols

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Chilichimp posted:

And lost draft stock and returned to UGA under a consistent public narrative coming out of UGA that he was betraying his teammates if he left for the Draft and that obviously means he wouldn't be a team player and teams shouldn't trust him.

Or maybe I remember all that wrong, but there's limits to my willingness to go reconstruct history from old espn articles.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Any Falcons fan feel like representing your team in the Goon Draft? The rest of the division is already accounted for. Head on over to the thread and if it seems interesting sign up!

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

ShakeZula posted:

Any Falcons fan feel like representing your team in the Goon Draft? The rest of the division is already accounted for. Head on over to the thread and if it seems interesting sign up!

I overcame my cold feet and volunteered.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1241851701608550400?s=20

I remember really wanting this guy when it was draft time, and had to "settle' for Michael Thomas.

Worked out for us.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1241851701608550400?s=20

I remember really wanting this guy when it was draft time, and had to "settle' for Michael Thomas.

Worked out for us.

loving why?

edit* oh it's just a signing, not a trade.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MJBuddy posted:

And lost draft stock and returned to UGA under a consistent public narrative coming out of UGA that he was betraying his teammates if he left for the Draft and that obviously means he wouldn't be a team player and teams shouldn't trust him.

Or maybe I remember all that wrong, but there's limits to my willingness to go reconstruct history from old espn articles.

No, that was what was said. That's always what is said about star players who should go get paid their junior year.

NCAA coach culture is trash.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

BTW Falcons fans, if you have advice for me as mock draft GM I am very open to it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

loving why?

edit* oh it's just a signing, not a trade.

Matty Ice needs weapons

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Pershing posted:

BTW Falcons fans, if you have advice for me as mock draft GM I am very open to it.

BPA

Silly Burrito posted:

Matty Ice needs weapons

More like we need to replace Mohammed Sanu

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

MJBuddy posted:

Chilichimp posted:

No, that was what was said. That's always what is said about star players who should go get paid their junior year.

NCAA coach culture is trash.

Do y'all also remember Kazam, the genie movie starring Sinbad?

Gurley did not redshirt and left after his junior year, as soon as he was eligible. He lost significant time for two injuries: an ankle sprain that cost him 3 games his sophomore year and an ACL tear that ended his junior season.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Do y'all also remember Kazam, the genie movie starring Sinbad?

Gurley did not redshirt and left after his junior year, as soon as he was eligible. He lost significant time for two injuries: an ankle sprain that cost him 3 games his sophomore year and an ACL tear that ended his junior season.

But he was going to sit out the rest his Junior year, especially after his suspension. They literally took an insurance policy out on him to get him to keep playing.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

:hmmyes:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I've been in an Animal Crossing fugue state since Friday, did the Bucs do anything since then

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

MJBuddy posted:

But he was going to sit out the rest his Junior year, especially after his suspension. They literally took an insurance policy out on him to get him to keep playing.

I don't think there's anything to suggest that be planned to sit out. He was a heisman frontrunner before the suspension, he appealed to get it reduced so he could play, he hired a personal attorney to handle the appeal, and when Fournette sat out years later Gurley commented that he should play.

Even if it was true, saying that Georgia hosed him because they wanted him to play football when he was perfectly healthy doesn't really track.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kidcoelacanth posted:

I've been in an Animal Crossing fugue state since Friday, did the Bucs do anything since then

Re-signed Kevin Minter and signed backup OL Joe Haeg. Nothing big.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Saints grabbing people from the XFL too.

https://twitter.com/AstonWilson/status/1242183634817363969?s=20

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Craig Erickson and Shaun King but no Trent Dilfer or Chris Simms? :hmmno:

EDIT: Coulda had both Josh and Luke McCown too! And Steve DeBerg!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

shaun king should have went to the super bowl

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Alaois posted:

gently caress Shaun King. Trash. Bucs got hosed vs. The Rams in 99 tho. Also, I own a Shaun King jersey.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Ron traded a fifth-round pick to get Kyle Allen :lol:
& Carolina signed PJ Walker to replace him :syoon:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Starting to think no one is going to bite on our first-round tender on Taysom Hill

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

oldskool posted:

Ron traded a fifth-round pick to get Kyle Allen :lol:
& Carolina signed PJ Walker to replace him :syoon:

Sounds like a move that catapults a team to a championship.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

wandler20 posted:

gently caress Shaun King. Trash. Bucs got hosed vs. The Rams in 99 tho. Also, I own a Shaun King jersey.

The new shameless con artist Shaun King seems like an excessive karmic punishment to the old Shaun King for being just a mediobad QB on a team with a fantastic D

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Alaois posted:

Joe Hamilton got a ring from that 02 team and I'm happy about that. He deserved the Heisman dang it :argh:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/MarkCook1970/status/1242566072097738757?s=20

Thankfully Brady said yes because you know Teddy would've picked TB over Carolina.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Robby Anderson owns, good pickup. I still remember him clowning the poo poo out of Bradberry and the rest of the Panthers secondary a couple years ago.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
It's official.

https://twitter.com/Panthers/status/1242531487758548998?s=20

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

this franchise fuckin sucks

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Franchise finally has god tier weapons and we throw Cam in the street and sign a middle of the road noodle arm QB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
None of us are Panther fans today.