Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Wizard Master posted:

Thoughts on still going to the gym because they haven’t been closed yet??

Stay home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Raged posted:

I spent the last few days looking for a house to rent around Sydney. The number of people showing up to inspections that are coughing or looking sick is terrifying. Pubs nearby the hotel I was staying at were packed with people on Friday night. People just don't give a gently caress. They just need to lock everything down....well after Thursday so I can pick up my new furniture

Did end up getting a place that's a 15 min walk to work.

Where in Sydney?

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Cleaned up the ps2, rolling katamaris
old controllers are horrid petri dishes, it looks like a forest floor under the microscope

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Wizard Master posted:

Thoughts on still going to the gym because they haven’t been closed yet??

i think the gym is like, the dumbest place to go

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Gyms are closed in many other countries, I don't think our gyms are any different

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

tardwrangler posted:

Cleaned up the ps2, rolling katamaris
old controllers are horrid petri dishes, it looks like a forest floor under the microscope

my ps2 gets more play than my xbox most of the time tbh. Its right in the sweet spot of "has nostalgia, but also has reasonably modern gameplay conventions"

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Practicing social isolation by mowing the lawn. Also gets some exercise in at the same time

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

https://www.kogan.com/au/c/in-high-demand-trending-items/

Kogan looking like price-gouging central :thumbsup:
$25 for an 80ml bottle of hand sanitiser
$275 for a 20 pack of N95 masks

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
South Australia is closing its borders and NSW is shutting down all non-essential services.
Looks like NSW will also close schools this week.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

good

Ps: do not go to the gym, pub, movie theatre. Do not go to the gang bang, do not go to the nail salon. Do not go to the bowling alley. Do not go to the arcade or the malt shop.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Lolie posted:

South Australia is closing its borders and NSW is shutting down all non-essential services.
Looks like NSW will also close schools this week.

I'm glad that the states have more control over what action they need to take with things. It remains to be seen what effect it will have on the teaching profession and whether we will move online or can things all together.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

well why not posted:

Do not go to the gang bang

gently caress off nerd

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I’m sorry but I organised this train long before this happened and I can’t afford to eat the loss on 1000 condoms (various sizes) and personalised T-shirt’s so get stuffed

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
if you go to the supermarket, grocers, butchers, market or really do anything other than slowly starve to death in a darkened bedroom in front of a browser window with old school runescape open than please use your stimulus payment to purchase a username change to typhoid mary at your soonest convenience

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

If the government wants me to stay at home all the time am I allowed to kill the guy next door who's learning to play the trumpet?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Airstream Driver posted:

If the government wants me to stay at home all the time am I allowed to kill the guy next door who's learning to play the trumpet?
fight fire with fire

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Victoria shutting down non-essential services. Bringing forward school holidays to tuesday.
NSW shutting down non-essential services.

quote:

The country's rate of new confirmed coronavirus cases is now growing at 20-25 per cent a day, with some projections showing between 1 or 2 million Australians could be infected by the end of April.

If those numbers were reached, tens of thousands of people would be dead based on the mortality rate recorded by China earlier this year.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-22/coronavirus-nsw-victoria-shutdown-non-essential-services/12079124

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW3JrHH6Zc0

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I love this song but in the lyrics seem really grim in the current context.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > Auspol Summer - I wish I could use posts to wipe my rear end

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

I fear a lot of Aussies are in that don't give a gently caress mode like every disaster that happens. They especially don't care because they aren't personally yet seeing the massive impacts it will have. Meanwhile, they see the media harping on it and assume it's overblown hype.

Even my wife said the dumbest poo poo to me yesterday claiming it's just a bad flu and only the venerable need to worry. I jumped on that and told her how much of an idiot she is for believing other idiots on Facebook about it. It's going to be a rough ride I think.

Seedy ROM
Aug 25, 2018

FKN FUN POLICE

Severing posted:

I fear a lot of Aussies are in that don't give a gently caress mode like every disaster that happens. They especially don't care because they aren't personally yet seeing the massive impacts it will have. Meanwhile, they see the media harping on it and assume it's overblown hype.

The don't give a gently caress factor is very relevant, and I think it's compounded by the Id driven nature of online comms.

I think people reflexively double down when their beliefs are challenged, even more so when it's an online rando with lovely social skills doing the challenging.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Severing posted:

Even my wife said the dumbest poo poo to me yesterday claiming it's just a bad flu and only the venerable need to worry. I jumped on that and told her how much of an idiot she is for believing other idiots on Facebook about it. It's going to be a rough ride I think.

Mum and I have been slowly stocking up on supplies over the last few weeks because I've been on her case we're going to need to have 2-3 weeks worth of poo poo up our sleeves as a JIC. We're good, we're golden.
We've also in a position to help our neighbours if they need it.

Literally just did a final final stock/snack run (:boonie:) this afternoon after they announced the 48 hour shutdowns, cause this 100% feels like we're heading to a full statewide/Australian shutdown and I don't want to loving deal with the shops when that happens.
Store was packed, so the secrets out.

Called Dad earlier, as he's in mandatory quarantine coming back from overseas, and I've told him to let me know what he needs for ANOTHER 2 weeks as a JIC. Will try and get him locked down tomorrow if possible.
Thankfully he's going through all my old DVDs+Blurays in storage and has uncovered a mountain of movies to watch; so he's filled to the brim with WW2 flicks lol

My brother on the other hand still thinks his overseas wedding is gonna happen in July, and that people will be in the mood to go. My brother is also a fuckwit and won't hear it from me that a lot of his mates are facing the very real possibility of losing their jobs. He has been very lucky and is essentially going to be marrying into money.. so he doesn't need to worry about anything atm. He's loving off with the fairies and his bogan mentality and lack of empathy is pissing me right the gently caress off.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Like dude is living in a fully paid off house, and he's worried about his loving keeping-up-with-the-Jones destination wedding.

Dickhead.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
WA is closing its borders and considering using Rottnest Island as a quarantine station.

Part of the "don't give a gently caress" factor is the age of clickbait biting us on the rear end. We've become conditioned to ignore hype because it's so rarely warranted. Now the sky really is falling a lot of people don't trust the media not to exaggerate the risk for clicks.

We also have an appalling lack of respected leadership throughout the Western world, so people who already don't trust their leaders aren't suddenly going to start trusting them on this issue.

Maybe the reality will start to hit home when the only things open are supermarkets, petrol stations and pharmacies. Although I suspect that even then people will still treat it as a holiday for the first week or two.

I fully expect that within a couple of weeks public hospitals will no longer be handling non-emergent cases. I did see talk of them handing of elective procedures to private hospitals, which would be a smart move, but even that mightn't be viable if the shared care model falls apart (which it will).

Lolie fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 22, 2020

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
(SFX CUE: the ticker-tap of a dozen mechnical keyboards as half of ausgbs furiously writes to their councils trying to have their dealers classified as an essential service)

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

Lolie posted:

We also have an appalling lack of respected leadership throughout the Western world, so people who already don't trust their leaders aren't suddenly going to start trusting them on this issue.

Espeically after the debacle that was our leaders handling of the recent bushfire crisis.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Infinitum posted:

Like dude is living in a fully paid off house, and he's worried about his loving keeping-up-with-the-Jones destination wedding.

Dickhead.

Destination weddings that require more than an hour flight or 3 hour drive can gently caress off imo.

My cousin's wedding was in Maitland, great spot. fly into newy, or drive up from Sydney.

Stocked up at the Indian grocer in Toongabbie today, grabbed a kilo of dried chickpea, 2kg red lentils, some various dried beans, spice mixes etc. If I do have to self isolate I'll at least be eating well

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

The Kins posted:

(SFX CUE: the ticker-tap of a dozen mechnical keyboards as half of ausgbs furiously writes to their councils trying to have their dealers classified as an essential service)

lol

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Checking my temp every hour by shoving a meat thermometer up my arse.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Making chicken chassuer for dinner tonight cause apparently people don’t like to buy thighs with the bone still in. Freezes nicely as well so I’ll have a few meals in the freezer in case of full lockdown

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

Found out today that a medication I rely on is not available again until November at the earliest. Good times.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Airstream Driver posted:

tfab is ready for the challenge

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Severing posted:

Found out today that a medication I rely on is not available again until November at the earliest. Good times.

Bloody hell.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Making chicken chassuer for dinner tonight cause apparently people don’t like to buy thighs with the bone still in. Freezes nicely as well so I’ll have a few meals in the freezer in case of full lockdown

I prefer chicken with the bone in.

Coles is now putting limits on all types of mince, not just beef mince.

I feel like I should buy a bit extra meat this week in case my kids get sick and can't shop for me.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Calling it now, by Tuesday, everything in Sydney will be shut down.

Was a ghost town today

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

people don’t like to buy thighs with the bone still in.

If we’ve learned anything these last couple of weeks it’s that people consistently make the worst decisions in a supermarket, loving insane

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Kharnifex posted:

Was a ghost town today

I expect you're right.

I'm fully expecting that my next chemo cycle will be postponed indefinitely. I'm also expecting that my doctor's surgery will close within the next couple of weeks.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lolie posted:

Part of the "don't give a gently caress" factor is the age of clickbait biting us on the rear end. We've become conditioned to ignore hype because it's so rarely warranted. Now the sky really is falling a lot of people don't trust the media not to exaggerate the risk for clicks.

It doesn't help when you read in the media poo poo like "cases have skyrocketed in the last 24hrs" and they just announced like 20 new cases or something.

Like gently caress sake.. yes we do need to be really really careful about this thing, because it can and will spread exponentially if left unchecked, but temper your words a bit.

Airstream Driver posted:

Don't forget to baste yourself regularly.

Kharnifex posted:

Was a ghost town today

It's obviously not important in the slightest atm, but I finally had my appointment for a new tattoo after a few months of looking around and consults for 2 weeks from now so :lol::rip: me once we lockdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Looking forward to reading about Coronagate shortly.