Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

Kevin DuBrow has a new favorite as of 06:59 on Mar 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Captain Hygiene posted:

I dunno if you guys have ever tasted a ranch, but.....not great

Dude ranch

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

bell jar posted:

We don't have ranch dressing here, I assumed that ranch flavoured things were ranch dressing flavoured things

They are.

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009

Phy posted:

This is how that Mandela Effect poo poo happens.

Except I don't understand why people thought Mandela himself died in prison, considering he was president of South Africa for years after the end of apartheid. Which raises the question, was there a famous anti-apartheid activist who did die in prison in the 80s?

Stephen Biko died in prison 1977. His story was made into a movie called Cry Freedom in 1987. The movie includes a huge funeral scene. I'm pretty sure all the "Mandela died in prison and I remember seeing his funeral" people are referencing this movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cry_Freedom

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I learned about Stephen Biko through a Peter Gabriel song

edit: I can’t get this stupid video tag to work

root beer has a new favorite as of 13:33 on Mar 21, 2020

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46

Beachcomber posted:

Are you certain about this? What is the flavor like?
I don't necessarily agree or understand what OP is saying but it's dill and chives

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Vashro posted:

I don't necessarily agree or understand what OP is saying but it's dill and chives

ranch dressing - mayo = ranch flavor

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Vashro posted:

Really? Didn't know that. So it's basically "what you put in new potatoes" but with mayonnaise. I wonder who thought of that.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Jerry Cotton posted:

Really? Didn't know that. So it's basically "what you put in new potatoes" but with mayonnaise. I wonder who thought of that.

white people

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

beanieson posted:

white people

A BingTM search said an Alaskan plumber did it. Maybe they were white I don't know.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Technically this was partner's realization, but it made me giggle.

The Strokes and The Struts are not the same band.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

The Strokes and The Struts are not the same band.

The Kinks and The Kooks are also not the same band.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46

Analytic Engine posted:

ranch dressing - mayo = ranch flavor

the ratio of buttermilk to mayo + sour cream is what separates a good homemade ranch from the hidden valley type

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Vashro posted:

the ratio of buttermilk to mayo + sour cream is what separates a good homemade ranch from the hidden valley type

you got me, I was thinking HV ranch powder

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

huh i always pictured ranch dressing as orange like thousand island

tho tbh i dont think ive had a dressing that wasnt mainly oil/vinegar/garlic in decades

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Krankenstyle posted:

huh i always pictured ranch dressing as orange like thousand island

tho tbh i dont think ive had a dressing that wasnt mainly oil/vinegar/garlic in decades

It's white with green flecks in it. It's pretty much the default dressing everywhere I go but I've never really liked it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

It's white with green flecks in it. It's pretty much the default dressing everywhere I go but I've never really liked it.

Yes I know... (after googling it earlier)

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
Ranch dressing is amazing, it's tangy fat. Sometimes for lunch I just have a salad that's a little lettuce, a poo poo ton of chopped vegetables, a dusting of bacon and raaaaanch. How else you gonna enjoy raw broccoli

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
raw broccoli with hummus is pretty good

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Memento posted:

raw broccoli with hummus is pretty good

Or a light garlic butter sauce. Or drizzled with olive oil and herbs.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Cool ranch Doritos are ranch flavored not ranch dressing flavored.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The first ranch flavoured thing was a buttermilk dressing in the 1950s: buttermilk, mayo, and a variety of seasonings. The guy who invented it wasn't developing a flavour, he was making a dressing. The dry seasoning packets came years later when their dressing became so popular they couldn't keep up with sales demand.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Unless it comes from the hidden valley region, it's just sparkling mayonnaise

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

purple death ray posted:

Unless it comes from the hidden valley region, it's just sparkling mayonnaise

:golfclap:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

artsy fartsy posted:

How else you gonna enjoy raw broccoli
?!?

By... By eating it.

I don't buy broccoli often, because when I do I tend to just devour the entire thing. It doesn't last very long in my fridge.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

In parts of Europe Doritos® Cool Ranch is known as "Cool American" because ranches both as a flavour and as a form of agriculture are completely alien to us.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

Hyperlynx posted:

?!?

By... By eating it.

I don't buy broccoli often, because when I do I tend to just devour the entire thing. It doesn't last very long in my fridge.

I mean I love broccoli, it's probably my favorite vegetable, but raw? Needs something on it. The above-mentioned hummus is good, but I'm pretty sure ranch dressing specifically exists to give me raw veggie cravings

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

artsy fartsy posted:

I mean I love broccoli, it's probably my favorite vegetable, but raw? Needs something on it. The above-mentioned hummus is good, but I'm pretty sure ranch dressing specifically exists to give me raw veggie cravings

It doesn't need something on it, that's your preference. Raw broccoli is fine to me, can get a bit bitter over a certain amount but I could eat an entire head of broccoli no problem, the stem isn't bitter at all.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Raw broccoli and, in fact, most raw vegetables are extremely delicious.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Raw bell peppers is goes well with just about everything.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Captain Monkey posted:

Raw broccoli and, in fact, most raw vegetables are extremely delicious.

:yeah:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

MariusLecter posted:

Raw bell peppers is goes well with just about everything.

People look at me like I'm a weirdo when I eat raw bell peppers like I'm munching on an apple but they're the ones who are missing out

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Raw potato isn't much to write home about.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I was reading a tweet about Dustin Hoffman being Hook and was really confused until I realized Dustin Hoffman is not David Hasselhoff.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

People look at me like I'm a weirdo when I eat raw bell peppers like I'm munching on an apple but they're the ones who are missing out

So what's Kitchen Stadium like?

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

starkebn posted:

It doesn't need something on it, that's your preference.

When I post I only state objective facts

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Raw potato isn't much to write home about.

I actually really like raw potato, not like a huge amount but if I'm chopping a tater you can bet I'm having a piece. It tastes like dirt, if dirt tasted good

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Raw potato with a little sprinkling of salt actually its too bad

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

*cues Fury Of The Storm*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

This is a cover (of a Stevie Wonder track):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXgWcRuSmf8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvpP4EP3emU