Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Pretty sure I went to a time traveler's once because the clock that shows up when you stand around had the wrong date (one day back, but more of a difference than you'd get from timezones). Anybody seen this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Framboise posted:

This thread is so hard to read because I don't know what I should be expecting to see by day 3 based on what people have here since I don't know which things come naturally and which things come from time traveling.

I have not and won't time travel, but I did visit someone in the southern hemisphere and get a ton of fish and bugs.

Without time traveling, I have the following so far, and I started playing on launch:

* museum opened in full today, the full building, not the tent
* nook's cranny was opened yesterday
* I have a back room to my house now
* mabel is in my town square, I think that was dependent on Nook's Cranny. She is not permanent at this time, just visting.
* I have a bridge
* I have built and furnished 3 houses for villagers, and one has moved in today.

Edit:

Ruffian Price posted:

Pretty sure I went to a time traveler's once because the clock that shows up when you stand around had the wrong date (one day back, but more of a difference than you'd get from timezones). Anybody seen this?

That's not necessarily time travel - some people offset the clock because they are only able to play at night/evenings and would miss out on significant daytime activities forever as a result. Shifting the clock around by a few hours because of your own schedule isn't really time travel and I don't think it's game breaking.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I want to build more bridges so I can retire the vaulting poll

As cool as it is Changing to it like 3 times to cross my island while fishing is annoying.

E: Shoutout to Roald and Phoebe who got houses today. Roald was proud to show me that it's empty and just has a table in it. You go champ.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Its sunday. So it is time for

TURNIPS. They are 107 in my town.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Framboise posted:

This thread is so hard to read because I don't know what I should be expecting to see by day 3 based on what people have here since I don't know which things come naturally and which things come from time traveling.
I'm on Day 5 (Early Gamestop release on the 19th + One day Forward from Time Travel)

You should have the Museum built and ready, Nook gives you a bridge to build + three additional villager houses, Nook & Cranny should be open by now.

The next goal is to furnish the 3 houses Nook has you set up & Wait for a villager to move in. After that happens, he'll upgrade his tent which is what I'm currently waiting on.

I think after Nook's tent gets upgraded, the "Tutorial" is over and you can start working towards bigger goals.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

What's all this talk of turnips

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

holy poo poo the museum is so worth the wait

most mind-blowing thing to find out is that when you look at the signs, the camera switches focus to whatever creature is on the nameplate

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

4TV5W

I'll leave my gate open for an hour or so. I won't be doing much aside from fishing and whatnot.

e: If anyone has cherries or big round glasses sold in their town, please bring them. :)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LODGE NORTH fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Mar 22, 2020

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
I was really hoping Nook would have something special to say if you paid for your house in CASH CASH MONEY upfront but oh well.

EDIT:

Qubee posted:

Should've made it tulips (bulbs) to really drive it home.

Reallycoolname fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Mar 22, 2020

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Qubee posted:

It's the Stalk Market. You buy then Sunday morning at a random price, and the sell price flucuates semi randomly twice a day through the rest of the week, but if you don't sell them by the next Sunday they rot and are worthless

Easy money and a good excuse to visit people, because everyone's prices are different

compounded daily
Mar 29, 2007

:buddy:
Fun Shoe
So you can't put turnips in storage, apparently...

Guess I'll just, uh, hold onto 830 of them for a while

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Qubee posted:

So turnips are a sort of investment. You try to buy them low and sell them high so you can make a big rear end profit. Sometimes you end up with nothing but it can be worth it when you end up with 5x your initial investment

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

shortspecialbus posted:

That's not necessarily time travel - some people offset the clock because they are only able to play at night/evenings and would miss out on significant daytime activities forever as a result. Shifting the clock around by a few hours because of your own schedule isn't really time travel and I don't think it's game breaking.
Aw, that's understandable. Sorry for doubting you goons

Also just found my first money rock and got mad at it because I'm out of iron

e: should have gone with bell boulder

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Blaziken386 posted:

at least it recognizes him as an amiibo, Wolf Link is flat out no longer supported :negative:
the datamine'd villager list has Wolf07 and Wolf11 missing, so, maybe he'll be added in a future update? :ohdear:

How do you get the ability to invite from amiibo cards?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

If I donate multiple things at once, I presumably won't get Blathers' description of each item unless I bring them back at a later time and show him the item individually, yes?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

...God drat it. I just accidentally buried almost 100,000 bells in one of those glowing holes. I meant to do a smaller amount. I can't get them back and I have a feeling it's not going to pay dividends. :(

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

shortspecialbus posted:

If I donate multiple things at once, I presumably won't get Blathers' description of each item unless I bring them back at a later time and show him the item individually, yes?

I think you can just ask him to explain something in the museum.

Annath posted:

How do you get the ability to invite from amiibo cards?

About a week in, a quest with Big Boy Nook starts and it become an option at the ABD thing.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

shortspecialbus posted:

I got it by visiting an Anzac goon.

hauled in a great white this afternoon in my australian buddy's southern hemisphere town. felt good man

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

man nurse posted:

...God drat it. I just accidentally buried almost 100,000 bells in one of those glowing holes. I meant to do a smaller amount. I can't get them back and I have a feeling it's not going to pay dividends. :(

If it's anything like the old games you're in for 300,000 in a couple days.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Zutaten posted:

if it's anything like the old games they're in for a 1% chance for 300,000 in a couple days, a 10% chance for 100,000, a 20% chance for 30,000, and a 69% chance for 3,000

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
One thing I’m growing to love is that I can wear girl clothing and hairstyles and people fully encourage it. Even though I identify and am comfortably male, I love the female hair and clothing options and I love being able to explore them as well as cool hair colours.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Zutaten posted:

I think the max in NH is actually 30K. Dunno about percentages.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

hauled in a great white this afternoon in my australian buddy's southern hemisphere town. felt good man

Do you know if it had a fin?

LODGE NORTH posted:

I think the max in NH is actually 30K. Dunno about percentages.

I do not recall ever being able to bury more than 10k bells and get it tripled, I think it maxes at 30k in every game, doesn't it?

Edit:

VVV I think you wasted it :(

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Zutaten posted:

Well, as long as it doesn't go to waste I guess. Man, it's Sunday, too! I was gonna turn most of that into sweet sweet turnips.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

man nurse posted:

The max amount you can plant for a profit is 10k. Anymore than that and the tree rounds you down to three 10k bags for 30k total. I mistakenly put 30k in the ground and I guess I'll get my money back, but there was no profit :v:

The big buff to the money tree spot is that after you plant it, you can relocate it to a better spot and it'll still keep growing. I had a glowing spot too close to another tree, just picked it up and moved it over a bit and it ended up giving me all my bells a couple days later.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Mar 22, 2020

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

jimmydalad posted:

One thing I’m growing to love is that I can wear girl clothing and hairstyles and people fully encourage it. Even though I identify and am comfortably male, I love the female hair and clothing options and I love being able to explore them as well as cool hair colours.

The way the dresses gently move when you move and blow in the breeze is so drat satisfying I don't know why you wouldn't wear one.

E: Oops I guess I don't know nothing about money trees, sorry. :/

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

shortspecialbus posted:

Do you know if it had a fin?

pretty sure it did yeah. the silhouette definitely LOOKED like a shark.

northern hemisphere fishing fuckin blows everything looks the same. i pulled up an oarfish last night, not complaining, but the shadow was the same as a motherfucking sea bass

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Apparently money trees also got buffed big time in that they're guaranteed to pay out this time. Where in the previous games, they had a very good chance of just growing into a normal tree and you lost all your funds.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

So in the Nook Miles+ there's the daily things to do (like 2x fish, etc) and one of them says "claim" but I have no freakin' idea how to claim it. Anyone know wtf I'm talking about and how to claim whatever it is it's wanting me to claim?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Araxxor posted:

Apparently money trees also got buffed big time in that they're guaranteed to pay out this time. Where in the previous games, they had a very good chance of just growing into a normal tree and you lost all your funds.
I haven't seen a single tree wilt before growing so far either, if it doesn't have the space I think you just get a message saying it's too close to something else to plant

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Goobish posted:

So in the Nook Miles+ there's the daily things to do (like 2x fish, etc) and one of them says "claim" but I have no freakin' idea how to claim it. Anyone know wtf I'm talking about and how to claim whatever it is it's wanting me to claim?
In Nook Miles, hit the + button and it takes you to the dailies, took me a second to figure that out too

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Goobish posted:

Highlight it and press A, you'll get the Nook Miles for it~

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Can you kick your villagers out? There is one I invited that is super lame.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Welp, I don't see the stalk market. If I started a day late would that effect it?

Also, if I bought the Animal Crossing switch tablet, would I get the limited edition switch in game? My switch is 1st gen and goddamn the battery sucks.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Aw Daisy Mae is cute :kimchi:

Not cute enough for me to drop 106 bells for turnips though.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Dodo code 4N9RY, Patirouma

I'm leaving my island open for a bit while I try to gather materials to build a bridge.

I've got cherries, and I don't mind if you take them.

My irl friend drew a hideous penis picture on my bulletin board, so you can repay me for cherries by drawing something cute.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Kilo147 posted:

Welp, I don't see the stalk market. If I started a day late would that effect it?

Also, if I bought the Animal Crossing switch tablet, would I get the limited edition switch in game? My switch is 1st gen and goddamn the battery sucks.

Supposedly yes but I have no idea where you can get one of those for a sane price anymore.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Can you kick your villagers out? There is one I invited that is super lame.

Once resident services upgrades you can file complaints with Isabella and that'll eventually get them to move out

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Are pears the rarest fruit? I have a little orchard growing on my island that has cherries, oranges, apples, peaches etc but only 2 Pears. None of my friends had em and the only reason I had those two is a friend of a friend dropped them and I swooped in with permission.

Pear fans why so silent??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Can you move villager houses later in the game? I ended up restarting a game once because a villager house wouldn't let me put a bridge of any kind in, even though there was a bridge there while the house was there and I just wanted a nicer bridge. Due to the river flow there was absolutely nowhere else that the bridge could go on that half of the map which meant that if I wanted to go from my house on the south shore to the northern half of the map, which started approximately just north of my house due to a diagonal river, I had to go all the way to the northeast corner. The river was so curvy there were basically no bridges anywhere.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Are pears the rarest fruit? I have a little orchard growing on my island that has cherries, oranges, apples, peaches etc but only 2 Pears. None of my friends had em and the only reason I had those two is a friend of a friend dropped them and I swooped in with permission.

Pear fans why so silent??

I have 2 pears you can have once I'm done donating stuff to the museum, which will take ages because I MUST listen to everything blathers says.