Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ramin continues to struggle under the weight of mediocrity to bring us art, it is true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

beanieson posted:

Aaron Paul is probably a secret cylon anyways

It’s robbits all the way down!!!

Yeah, it's definitely this. I bet the Bernard scenes take place in a different time than the Dolores scenes, and Aaron Paul is one of the Bernard cylons.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Hipster Occultist posted:

Guys, I think I need some help finding my eyes. I think they rolled out of my head at some point.

It might have been during the firefight in downtown L.A., where 3 ostensibly trained gunmen couldn't hit a woman walking (not running even) out in the open.

gently caress this show is show bad, its beautiful and I'm curious enough to want to see how it plays out, but its so loving bad.

Eh, they were Corp goons in the end though not professional soldiers, and she's a literal aimbot laying down surpressing fire. They might have the gear, but I wouldn't be surprised if all Corp mooks we've seen in the show haven't been in a single real fire fight before facing a host. One of the goons flat out flubbed his reload.

I bet the hiring criterias are first and foremost loyalty and a willingness to do dirty deeds. And just looking at Trump you can see what kind of talent those priorities bring to the table

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

kaworu posted:

I am kinda surprised that nobody else appreciated the use of music in this episode. I mean poo poo, I certainly did, but it's probably because I'm like, a millennial (or something) who was born in the mid-80s and thus loves pop music from the latter part of the '90s.

It's just very tough for me to truly dislike an episode that uses "Dissolved Girl" from the best Massive Attack album by a good measure (Mezzanine), plus that fantastic use of Common People by Pulp, and I have to give them credit for actually having characters singing karaoke to the German version nof 99 Luft Balloons by Nena... Pretty drat good IMO

So Common People is a song about a rich lady who hangs out with poor folks for kicks. But Dolores is a working class revolutionary taking down rich people.

Were they going for an irony thing? Or is it more like she's so advanced, even the richest, most powerful people are "common" to her.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
She’s a multimillion dollar piece of tech that just escaped to the (supposedly lol) real world. She’s meeting common people for the first time since prior to that all she’s come across we’re the uber wealth rapists that tormented her in the park.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Since the goatee man started playing it, I assumed it was meant to be a commentary on him or something.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

GigaPeon posted:

So Common People is a song about a rich lady who hangs out with poor folks for kicks. But Dolores is a working class revolutionary taking down rich people.

Were they going for an irony thing? Or is it more like she's so advanced, even the richest, most powerful people are "common" to her.

The main hook of the song is about however much an outsider wants and pretends to be part of something, they'll never truly understand it.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
So is this is another world/park? Nazi World?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

tomapot posted:

So is this is another world/park? Nazi World?

Yes, it was shown after the credits last week.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

hobbesmaster posted:

Yes, it was shown after the credits last week.

Thanks, must have missed it.

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

WarWorld huh. Seems like a lazy name but hey whatever.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Tyberius posted:

I'm sure its mainly for rich people that are a little bit too much of a fan of WarThunder.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Tyberius posted:

gotta get that alliteration to match the other parks, westworld and weebworld

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

i guess she couldn't reenable god mode herself?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Good to see that security has not been amped up a bazillion since the last robot uprising or Meave might've had some issues getting out of that cleanup room.

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Mar 23, 2020

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

lol simulationception dude was right all along

rich thick and creamy
May 23, 2005

To whip it, Whip it good
Pillbug
Somebody wants Maeve's recipe for concentrated dark matter.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
The writers really likes the "CHARACTER TURNS OUT TO BE A ROBUT" twist don't they?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

A little heavy on the Game of Thrones World, huh

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

BigglesSWE posted:

The writers really likes the "CHARACTER TURNS OUT TO BE A ROBUT" twist don't they?

They're all cylons, OP

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Wow, I guess everything in Westworld is DC power!

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Did anyone else get a cheery coronavirus psa from the cdc before the episode? It felt very dystopian.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lol D&D cameo.

Stubbs came back ever dumber. Puts down his p90 and gets an axe. Holy moley that hallway "fight" was embarrassing.

So they know about Dolores, surely they know what she looks like too. It shouldn't be that hard to find her in the real world?

e: When Lee came back before explaining what his deal was: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXKSAvyqJiA

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It shouldn't be that hard to find her in the real world?

How?

The red guns don't work on humans, right?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

hobbesmaster posted:

How?

The red guns don't work on humans, right?

I mean they have an AI that basically runs everything, so it's probably a worldwide surveillance state. Alternatively: the same way Maeve would find her which would be ???
Then again they also failed to find Bernard and he was doing a real lovely job hiding considering he just grew a beard so :shrug:. At least Bernard kept a low profile. They know that Dolores killed a bunch of security guards in LA.

I honestly can't even remember how the guns work so I'll take your word for it. I guess I was wrong about that.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

pretty embarrassing decisions being made in the writing room

captainblastum
Dec 1, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

lol D&D cameo.

Stubbs came back ever dumber. Puts down his p90 and gets an axe. Holy moley that hallway "fight" was embarrassing.

So they know about Dolores, surely they know what she looks like too. It shouldn't be that hard to find her in the real world?

e: When Lee came back before explaining what his deal was: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXKSAvyqJiA

It seemed fairly obvious to me that Stubbs didn't want to kill anybody, which is why he didn't use a gun.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I mean they have an AI that basically runs everything, so it's probably a worldwide surveillance state. Alternatively: the same way Maeve would find her which would be ???
Then again they also failed to find Bernard and he was doing a real lovely job hiding considering he just grew a beard so :shrug:. At least Bernard kept a low profile. They know that Dolores killed a bunch of security guards in LA.

I honestly can't even remember how the guns work so I'll take your word for it. I guess I was wrong about that.

Dolores is hacking the cameras and other parts of the world wide surveillance state making it more difficult to track her. I'm guessing the last episode was also supposed to communicate that Bernard was "off the grid" but yeah thats still a big question mark. If hes right about Dolores wanting him around as a check then I suppose she could be covering up his trail too.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Who were the naked family(?) that Sizemore kept looking at across the hall in the other office while Maeve was loving up the simulation? It seemed like they were meant to be recognizable.

Also enjoying how much that security drone resembles the famous Boston Dynamics robotic terror dog.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

That was some silly fun.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

westworld ep 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ2ScM7bdYQ

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

A little heavy on the Game of Thrones World, huh

The two writers of Game of Thrones were there in front of the dragon from the show. Was really hoping they would get eaten as a gently caress you for ruining GoT.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
lol I was so ready to say gently caress you for bringing Lee back when he obviously died.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Laughing at them using a literal Rick and Morty gag and doing GoT product placement in one episode.

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

No Aaron Paul in the episode, the guy who carried the first episode's awful writing with a combination of acting chops and sheer will.

Please don't do that again. Maeve bores me to loving tears.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Snowman Crossing posted:

Maeve bores me to loving tears.

Why I outta.... :mad:

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Loved season 1, hated season 2 except for the Indian episode which was a good little short story in itself and otherwise had little to do with the rest of the show.

Is season 3 any better or is it the same Lost-esque gobbledygook?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Loved season 1, hated season 2 except for the Indian episode which was a good little short story in itself and otherwise had little to do with the rest of the show.

Is season 3 any better or is it the same Lost-esque gobbledygook?

I'd say ask again when the season is over. Right now the show is just kinda there. No mystery boxes, but nothing really interesting is happening either. I mean it took them 2 episodes to finally say what Bernard and Dolores(kind of) want to do. And episode 2 was just a rehash of Maeve breaking out of her loop. Again. Just like in seasons 1 and 2.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

Snowman Crossing posted:

No Aaron Paul in the episode, the guy who carried the first episode's awful writing with a combination of acting chops and sheer will.

Please don't do that again. Maeve bores me to loving tears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

the best part of the episode was the GoT version of the main theme