Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Crescent Wrench posted:

(Holy crap, this thread is moving fast.)

How do I plant flowers I have requisitioned from other islands? I dug holes to plant, but I am only getting Wear/Place Item/Drop Item/Grab 1 as options. I know I planted them yesterday, but now I cannot seem to figure it out. This is a simple thing, but it is driving me nuts!

You picked the blossoms only. You have to use a shovel to dig up the plant w/ rootball intact

i am a rootball intactivist lol

why do i keep getting the page snipes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Drone posted:

Is the second player just screwed out of a bunch of the basic furniture recipes then? Talking about the garden table/chair, water pump, wooden swing, wooden bed, etc. And, most importantly, he didn't get the recipe for the ladder.

So this is super annoying. Apparently for the critical tools like the Ladder, the recipe can be bought from Nook's Cranny. But there's a crapton of other recipes that Tom Nook gave the primary player when tasking them with building three new houses that I still can't find an explanation for. Is the second player just locked out of these?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Tammy just gave me a manhole cover to "jazz up" the town, and now she's naruto running back and forth.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

FBS posted:

Tammy just gave me a manhole cover to "jazz up" the town, and now she's naruto running back and forth.

Tammy owns, ya heard?

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Plant MONSTER. posted:

You picked the blossoms only. You have to use a shovel to dig up the plant w/ rootball intact

i am a rootball intactivist lol

why do i keep getting the page snipes

Ahh crap! I must have forgotten that is what I did yesterday. Thanks!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Any Northern Hemisphere people catch a Blue Marlin yet? The Gamespot page lists it as Nov->April & July->Sept., All Day, at the Pier, but despite throwing tons of bait I never seemed to get one. (Though I did have a big shadow that got away because the bite was quick) - it was raining and I got a few Colecanths though.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Oxyclean posted:

Any Northern Hemisphere people catch a Blue Marlin yet? The Gamespot page lists it as Nov->April & July->Sept., All Day, at the Pier, but despite throwing tons of bait I never seemed to get one. (Though I did have a big shadow that got away because the bite was quick) - it was raining and I got a few Colecanths though.

Yes, off my pier yesterday evening. No tuna yet though. I probably caught 30-40 other fish off the pier before catching it. I wasn't able to get it with bait, but I left and came back and caught it immediately.

I don't believe bait increases or decreases good fish compared to natural fish, so I think that was just chance. I caught plenty of golden trout with bait, for example.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

This is a shot in the dark, does anyone have iron nuggets they can donate? I've bonked my island up and I've been to two new islands but I just get an abundance of clay and rock. I've got 8 iron nuggets in total from two days trying.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Nintendo is just throwing Asian-ish things at me. Got a fancy robe, a zen pillow, panda bear, a bamboo wall, and one of those standing divider things

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Qubee posted:

This is a shot in the dark, does anyone have iron nuggets they can donate? I've bonked my island up and I've been to two new islands but I just get an abundance of clay and rock. I've got 8 iron nuggets in total from two days trying.

That’s incredibly unlucky! I’d say more than a third of the rock hits result in an iron nugget for me.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Do I need to do anything else once I've finished the furnishings for the new homes? I was expecting Tom Nook to say something after I finished that, but he doesn't.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

where do I actually find the communicator parts? are they marked with holes?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

shortspecialbus posted:

Yes, off my pier yesterday evening. No tuna yet though. I probably caught 30-40 other fish off the pier before catching it. I wasn't able to get it with bait, but I left and came back and caught it immediately.

I don't believe bait increases or decreases good fish compared to natural fish, so I think that was just chance. I caught plenty of golden trout with bait, for example.

I'm just assuming bait forces a spawn, which is handy for "location specific" fish.

I haven't caught any Tuna either.

Dork457 posted:

where do I actually find the communicator parts? are they marked with holes?

Look for spots on the beach where a shadow spits out water. Dig 'em up. Those are normally clams but they can be the parts when Gulliver is around.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Viridiant posted:

Do I need to do anything else once I've finished the furnishings for the new homes? I was expecting Tom Nook to say something after I finished that, but he doesn't.

Do they all have SOLD signs on them now? If so I think you're fine.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010

Protip posted:

GATES OPEN for 90 bell turnips! Dodo code: G58HH

I am going to be mostly afk for a bit. Come and get your turnips!

If you happen to have a pear or apple or two you'd like to drop off I'd appreciate it!

Thanks! Left some pears at your house.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
After visiting a few towns online I have a wonderful orchard growing. Some time traveler had Saharah in town so I got a nice meadow wallpaper. Sitting on 300 turnips and 70k bells, things are looking good!

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Okay, so after Nook sends me to build homes, can I still recruit villagers off islands? I'm addicted to recruiting, but if I can't do it for a while I'm'a back off of island tours.

I got Cole, though. Worth it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Has anyone discovered what the dock is used for?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Protip posted:

GATES OPEN for 90 bell turnips! Dodo code: G58HH

I am going to be mostly afk for a bit. Come and get your turnips!

If you happen to have a pear or apple or two you'd like to drop off I'd appreciate it!

How many turnips should I buy if I have around 90,000 bells?

I never did the stalk markets in the previous games, but I wanna do it now.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
As many as your able to, basically.

With a group of goons, it’s basically a no brainer

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
At a 90 buy price you are almost guaranteed* to make a profit so buy as much as you can afford.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

About every third Ticket island I go to is full of bamboo and nothing else and I hate it.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Oxyclean posted:

I'm just assuming bait forces a spawn, which is handy for "location specific" fish.

I haven't caught any Tuna either.

Yeah I caught the vast majority of my location-specific fish with bait. Cherry salmon, golden trout, sturgeon, etc. I think as far as fish that are leaving soon I'm only missing stringfish which I just have had no luck with whatsoever and the tuna.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Has anyone discovered what the dock is used for?

I think some fish are specific for pier fishing.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

FBS posted:

So it wasn't just me! My monkey jock Flip gave me one as well to "attract new visitors" so, um, okay. I placed it down since checking the catalog shows you can't order another one, otherwise I would've just sold it.

I was pleasantly surprised to see my two starter villagers have houses now. I visited Rocket and she was busy building a wooden bin, which she gave me the DIY recipe for. (Building it and then talking to her again got no response, oh well.)

There's no way to store turnips other than throwing them on the floor, right? If I open my island up can people steal them or are they safe in my house?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I think some fish are specific for pier fishing.

This is accurate. At a very minimum, marlin and tuna I believe are dock-only.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Holy poo poo, Mabel is selling the "hide your kids, hide your wife" starter kit

Meanwhile I am dressed as a matador geisha in hiking boots because early game Animal Crossing

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

think about it

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
If i make extra accounts on my Switch so that I can have extra houses on my island, will their respective villagers be able to go online? Since technically only my primary account is linked to a Nintendo Online subscription.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

211GC I got 90 bell turnips, apples and gothic mirrors.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Argue posted:

If i make extra accounts on my Switch so that I can have extra houses on my island, will their respective villagers be able to go online? Since technically only my primary account is linked to a Nintendo Online subscription.

Word is you will need to convert to a family subscription.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Well that sucks... I'm already on a family subscription, split between eight of us. That means I'll need to use my primary character as a middleman for the others.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Thanks to the random goon on my friends list (Leon) that hosted the southern hemisphere and pear party last night!

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Argue posted:

Well that sucks... I'm already on a family subscription, split between eight of us. That means I'll need to use my primary character as a middleman for the others.

If you're already on a family subscription then presumably you're covered, unless you mean you're on a family subscription with accounts that aren't the ones you're talking about.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Apparently later on you unlock the ability to grab other people's PRO patterns, so here are a few reeeally cool ones I'm posting so I can find them in my post history later:

https://twitter.com/dearanipii/status/1241559715789836289
https://twitter.com/sunfloraas/status/1241558670124519425

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

So I definitely should just a stone axe to get wood and not an actual axe right? I assume if I chop down all my trees I’m screwed.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

i'm just starting the game and seeing animal crossing in a crispy modern resolution is such a simple delight :psyduck:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

shortspecialbus posted:

If you're already on a family subscription then presumably you're covered, unless you mean you're on a family subscription with accounts that aren't the ones you're talking about.

Yeah, it's the latter. Seven other real life people are on the account, and I intend to eventually make seven extra accounts on my Switch for more houses to design.

Clement
Jun 30, 2007

I've met a working Yorkshire miner.
Gonna get this to wash away the corona blues. Can't wait!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

did nintendo connect with my 3ds new leaf gameplay to understand that scoots was one of my favorite goofball neighbors???

or was he super popular at large and became the equivalent of a pokemon starter