Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Louisgod posted:

had a panic attack thinking mother’s day is today but it’s not, what the gently caress

the UK is wrong about everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Some pubs in Scotland have been flouting the closure order over the weekend. Twats.
Fuckers will lose their license. Guess they might not care at this point

And..

quote:

As many people continue to go on pre-planned holidays, tourist boards across the UK have urged people to respect government advice on social distancing and unnecessary travel.

With schools closed and Easter holidays approaching, families are choosing to ignore calls to stay at home and limit social interactions.

Well played Britain.

Death to all landlords..

NHS paramedic evicted from home for fear he would spread Covid-19

quote:

“It’s only a matter of time before you are in contact with the virus,” a screenshot of the WhatsApp message said. “Can you organise an Airbnb and collect your stuff tomorrow. Sorry I normally would never do this but it’s not worth the risk.”
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/22/nhs-paramedic-evicted-from-home-for-fear-he-would-spread-covid-19

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Mar 22, 2020

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
https://twitter.com/BBCJamesCook/status/1241769582332968962

we asked the lawyers "are you sure" and they said "oh yeah actually you can lol"

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Shaocaholica posted:

So you’ll have to somehow get your stool into a rich persons butt or hands.

I ran out of toilet paper so this will be a piece of cake. Or a random car door handle of an expensive car in the parking lot. Or a pin pad. Or a gas pump handle. Or all those little bottles of expensive spices that I pick up and put back down.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Hammerite posted:

https://twitter.com/BBCJamesCook/status/1241769582332968962

we asked the lawyers "are you sure" and they said "oh yeah actually you can lol"

Considering it's Scotland, I'm assuming all their laws are etched on a standing stone in some highland and it takes awhile for lawyers to make the journey to go read the runes.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Quebec closing all shopping malls in the province starting at midnight.
School and daycare closures extended to May 1st.*
No late fees for power bills.

* : There's no way in hell schools will reopen in May.

Also this, a thousand times this:

https://twitter.com/zlingray/status/1241577915789086720

The planes just keep crashing again, and again, and again. Also the sky is on fire.

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Louisgod posted:

had a panic attack thinking mother’s day is today but it’s not, what the gently caress

FAKE NEWS!

It got me too. I actually had no idea UK has a different date for it. I thought I just got the M months mixed up like usual.

Kase Im Licht
Jan 26, 2001
Italy deaths down to 651!

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Tagra posted:

FAKE NEWS!

It got me too. I actually had no idea UK has a different date for it. I thought I just got the M months mixed up like usual.

I apologized to my Mum for no card using the excuse that they'd be covered in viruses

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Bronze Fonz posted:

The planes just keep crashing again, and again, and again. Also the sky is on fire.

The skyline is beautiful on fire
All twisted metal stretching upwards

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1241558583193583617
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1241760294776561667

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

12 seconds in, "The Trump Administration did not not cut funding for the CDC"

budget cut confirmed! straight from fox news

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

A friend knows a coroner in QC City, apparently the rate of suicides has went through the roof. :(

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Bronze Fonz posted:

Quebec closing all shopping malls in the province starting at midnight.
School and daycare closures extended to May 1st.*
No late fees for power bills.

* : There's no way in hell schools will reopen in May.

Is this supposed to be to the tune of the four non blondes song

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

sure okay posted:

This is my nightmare.

Castles are TERRIBLE

They really are. People think they've been to castles, but like 50% of them (especially touristy ones) are either heavily refurbished by nobles in the last 500 years and made into homes, or were never real castles and were made by more nobles to look fancy.

You know you're in a real untouched castle when it's cramped, cold, and feels haphazardly built with zero interest in comfort.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Did anyone see the broadcast of Trump on conference call with every state governor? Every state asked for more testing kits and he was just like "It's done. You're good to go. Next governor."

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1241780756617273345

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Really interesting case study on his propaganda strategy. No matter how offensive or false or racist something is, he’ll just keep saying it into the ether until someone points it out, at which point his dipshit sycophants see it as a slight to their “brand” and take up arms to defend it. Then it becomes a political point of contention, and he doubles down and keeps saying the thing until it enters the zeitgeist. Pretty fascinating and effective as long as you’re a sociopath with no morals.

gently caress him.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Did anyone see the broadcast of Trump on conference call with every state governor? Every state asked for more testing kits and he was just like "It's done. You're good to go. Next governor."

Narrator: No state received testing kits.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Grape posted:

They really are. People think they've been to castles, but like 50% of them (especially touristy ones) are either heavily refurbished by nobles in the last 500 years and made into homes, or were never real castles and were made by more nobles to look fancy.

You know you're in a real untouched castle when it's cramped, cold, and feels haphazardly built with zero interest in comfort.

Castle or a manor: Does it have any windows at all (Y/N). If you answered Y, it's a manor.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

:sickos::sickos::sickos::sickos::sickos::sickos::sickos:

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Bronze Fonz posted:

A friend knows a coroner in QC City, apparently the rate of suicides has went through the roof. :(

Yeah suuure :tinfoil:

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Every rich rear end in a top hat he met can get tested and treated.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lmao

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
It's going to be weird when we see the numbers of non-covid infectious disease deaths that are prevented by these extreme measures.

Odds this becomes permanent? I assume low?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Charliegrs posted:

So this pandemic is probably going to put the US health insurance companies into bankruptcy eventually right? I can't wait to see our tax money go to bailout these companies as if they don't take enough of our money already.

We could just let them die (the companies not the CEOs) and start a government provided health care system.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

pixaal posted:

We could just let them die (the companies not the CEOs) and start a government provided health care system.

lol

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

mossyfisk posted:

It's going to be weird when we see the numbers of non-covid infectious disease deaths that are prevented by these extreme measures.

Zero, so yes. Pretty low. And beyond anything else, even lesser crisis have resulted in huge increses in deaths from things like suicides, cancer, all manner of stress and inactivity related complications, and so on.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Bronze Fonz posted:

As an old fart from NY who was in her late 20's during 9/11, this spot-on defines my feelings. :smith: At least I still had a job after 9/11 and could get together with friends to drink my grief away. Somehow this feels a jillion times worse.

Justin Credible, thanks for that effort post about food distribution. My husband works for a small-ish local grocery store and their main truck failed to show up at all last week. Produce came in, and US Foods did their delivery but they only handle the deli section (which is 50% shut-down anyways; still offering grab-and-go but the salad bar and hot bar are closed).

Dollar General here in the food desert of my ghetto 'hood has plenty of canned/dry goods, but no paper/cleaning products. I have no idea what the big guys like Wal-Mart and Kroger are like, because gently caress even trying to deal with that, I'm sticking with the little bodega/Asian places around here (plus I want to support the small guys).

SW Virginia, btw. We haven't been hit hard with cases, and our governor used to be a doctor (pediatrician), so he seems to be taking a sensible tack about things. We got our draconian liquor laws relaxed bc he had the good sense to say "gently caress it, you can get beer delivered with your pizza, just stay the hell home".

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

mossyfisk posted:

You’re going to see a lot more people continuing to work from home once this is over because we’ve proven that it’s possible.

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
Sorry I said i was going to kilo myself. My mind is broken at the thought of everyone dying or having to live through a Great Depression

I often have nightmares about atomic bombs or giant hosed up monsters and in those dreams I have this feeling - a feeling of I can’t believe this is real, nothing is going to be ok. This is the first time in waking life I’ve felt that.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Mustached5thGrader posted:

Sorry I said i was going to kilo myself. My mind is broken at the thought of everyone dying or having to live through a Great Depression

I often have nightmares about atomic bombs or giant hosed up monsters and in those dreams I have this feeling - a feeling of I can’t believe this is real, nothing is going to be ok. This is the first time in waking life I’ve felt that.

Theres a marble race in about an hour and a half or so. Check the thread and root for a team.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Mustached5thGrader posted:

The reality hasn't really sunk in yet for a lot of people.

I mean, the weed store I hit up had markers for people to stand every 6 ft, but places like grocery stores don't give af and everyone's just bumping into eachother and crammed in checkout lines like it's a normal day :downs:

e: also you should watch Watchmen

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

JacquelineDempsey posted:

As an old fart from NY who was in her late 20's during 9/11, this spot-on defines my feelings. :smith: At least I still had a job after 9/11 and could get together with friends to drink my grief away. Somehow this feels a jillion times worse.

Justin Credible, thanks for that effort post about food distribution. My husband works for a small-ish local grocery store and their main truck failed to show up at all last week. Produce came in, and US Foods did their delivery but they only handle the deli section (which is 50% shut-down anyways; still offering grab-and-go but the salad bar and hot bar are closed).

Dollar General here in the food desert of my ghetto 'hood has plenty of canned/dry goods, but no paper/cleaning products. I have no idea what the big guys like Wal-Mart and Kroger are like, because gently caress even trying to deal with that, I'm sticking with the little bodega/Asian places around here (plus I want to support the small guys).

SW Virginia, btw. We haven't been hit hard with cases, and our governor used to be a doctor (pediatrician), so he seems to be taking a sensible tack about things. We got our draconian liquor laws relaxed bc he had the good sense to say "gently caress it, you can get beer delivered with your pizza, just stay the hell home".

It's better because it isn't sending half the country into an insane bloodthirst.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

yeah 9/11, sandy, great recession, 2nd depression/covid plague. At least I'm too old and fat to be conscripted now.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Shaocaholica posted:

In the US the grocery stores are limiting the number of people allowed inside at any given time.

Gas stations too. I had to get gas yesterday, and the QuikTrip had a sign on the door saying only 10 customers were allowed inside at a time. I'm not sure how they were enforcing that, aside from the cashier just yelling across the store at anyone new entering.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
YouTube recommended me this very good video of an incredibly good dog being just the best doggie, and it has actually helped my stress levels somewhat, so I'm linking it for all in this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu3HN-MmJc4

What a good dog!

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

No problem. Here's something else - I'm currently at work today Taking care of one of our food producers. They exclusively produce a protein product. There has been trucks shipping out to Wal Mart every Saturday out of my dock. If you are in the food business, Wal Mart dictates terms, and gets massive priority. Last Saturday and this Saturday there have been 4 of those trucks scheduled. They ALWAYS show.

Last Saturday, one did not show up at all. Yesterday? Only 2 of 4 showed up. This is basically unprecedented even across numerous shipping companies that go to Wal Mart. For yesterday that's approx 75000 lbs of food that is not going to make it to a distribution center on time.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I bet if nothing else we won't have any mass shootings for a good long while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mossyfisk posted:

in the UK the Ministry of Health was founded in 1919 as a response to the 1918 flu pandemic