Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Mortar builds are definitely pretty passive, but tank builds are quite fun since you can make insanely risky plays with impunity by hiding behind the shield, though you will need a decent pistol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnfljbkK4m8&t=106s

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Using this powerful new bug I might be able to finally clear bunker sub 14

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Found a swimmin hole in Two Bridges

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
All new hunter secrets were finally solved, some of them are suuuper annoying to do

Final "reward" besides the masks you get

and black dye

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Jusupov posted:

All new hunter secrets were finally solved, some of them are suuuper annoying to do

Jfc

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

GhostDog posted:

Hmm, gonna give that a try though I suspect that playstyle will feel too passive to me. I just want to be able to shoot things and not die within a quarter second if I'm out of cover. My build is fine on hard and I'd be happy to stay on hard a bit longer to improve my build, it's just that you don't get poo poo for drops on hard it seems so I feel kinda stuck.

Still, thanks.

If you want a skill build that plays actively, try a status effect build. 1 golan, 2 wyvern, 3 China. shock and awe for bp talent, several work on the chest. Max out status effects and pick your poison of skill damage or haste.

The idea is that status effects boosts both CC damage and duration which turns skills like firestarter and fire sticky into huge dps skills that one shots elites even on heroic.

You can mostly use firestarter and you still get tons of utility from skills like blinder Firefly to mess up tanks, etc.

I personally think that plain skill damage builds are insanely underpowered compared to status builds at the moment. If they fix hardwired and tune enemy hp they might become competitive again though.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

OgNar posted:

I like doing casual sweeps through the NY sewers for random looting, dipping out for Territory Control.
I seem to get a ton more keys in NY sewers than in DC.
Last I saw i had like 20 black tusk keys.

There are some sewer locations in DC where you can get like three or four keys in a single run - Haven't found any like that in NY yet but I'd love to know if there are locations like that for farming

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Has anything been said regarding enemy AI's penchant for rushing/being over-aggressive, by the devs? Or is it currently just an issue of perception from players?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Morter posted:

Has anything been said regarding enemy AI's penchant for rushing/being over-aggressive, by the devs? Or is it currently just an issue of perception from players?

It's an old issue and usually has to do when enemy HP scaling is out of line. It happened many times before so maybe when they tune down enemy HP they'll be less rush prone. super annoying though

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
So, they built Keener up as a guy having a secret agenda and a master plan that is all going to come together soon and then his grandmaster plan is revealed as Launching a viral missile at NY Keener definitely suffers from a lack of imagination.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

blackguy32 posted:

So, they built Keener up as a guy having a secret agenda and a master plan that is all going to come together soon and then his grandmaster plan is revealed as Launching a viral missile at NY Keener definitely suffers from a lack of imagination.

You get to be Nicholas Cage, don't complain :haw:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
My exotic cache got a god roll pestilence. IDK if it will replace my Bullet King, but I am excited to try it out

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

blackguy32 posted:

Like, what's his beef with NYC?
It's already still hosed up from the initial hit, should've targeted a different city to hint at div3

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!
I've just hit 40 and was wondering if clans had consolidated and still have room?

So far I've really been enjoying the expansion, bugs and all.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Malcolm Excellent posted:

My exotic cache got a god roll pestilence. IDK if it will replace my Bullet King, but I am excited to try it out

Congrats on it because it may be the only useful old exotic so far. I got a god rolled Diamondback that is mediocre at best.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I have yet to confirm this myself, but supposedly the Pestilence's poison does not carry over if a party member gets the kill. Also if you spread it out too much, it can happen that a weaker dot overwrites a stronger one.

Personally I think the Pestilence is better for solo play and the BK, with it's sustained dps, is best for group play.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Like, what's his beef with NYC?
It's already still hosed up from the initial hit, should've targeted a different city to hint at div3

I have no idea. I guess he is just a chaos agent? But his grand scheme didn't really fit the character that they had built up for him.

Also the (Warlords of NY ending)Faye Lau reveal felt kind of shoehorned in with every thing in the expansion included just to try to justify their twist.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

nerdz posted:

I personally think that plain skill damage builds are insanely underpowered compared to status builds at the moment. If they fix hardwired and tune enemy hp they might become competitive again though.

At this point I'm not even sure if a fixed version of Hardwired matters. Everything you'd actually use, aside from seekers, has an already low cooldown with near-max haste. In order to actually get a benefit out of it you'd need to constantly drop/pick up a hive to reset your mines. You're kind of locked into two skills and god help you against heavies who will kick them before they explode. It's an awfully restrictive setup and since the numbers (unless my math is wrong) for damage even out you're really only gaining the skill reset.

My (mostly) seeker+sniper setup definitely doesn't feel weak on challenging in general. If there's no black tusk involved, or low enough density that the turret can solo mooks so I can jam the dogs, it clears at a reasonable clip depending almost entirely on how many heavies are involved. Performance on heroic is untested at the moment since I don't like the idea of needing multiple seekers/sniper shots to down a red.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

blackguy32 posted:

They really should have played up more that he created his own Division Network with the various gadgets and crap the player gets access to.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

blackguy32 posted:

his grandmaster plan is revealed as Launching a viral missile at NY Keener definitely suffers from a lack of imagination.

The missile was just an excuse. That wasn't his plan at all. It was just something fun to do while the plan executed.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I just jumped back in but have no idea what I’m doing or how to get to the new stuff. It looks like I was gear score 430 when I ended. Where should I go to get started on the new stuff?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Are you WT5?

if not just run the missions to get to WT5. The gear will come.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

FYI this works, but it doesn't work for DZ. Basically it looks like any time it makes you transfer servers it resets the glitched damage. Still good for just wrecking poo poo PVE if you want some easy levels.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Pestilence sounds good on paper but it's poo poo imo

Could be due to the several different bugs on that weapon alone, but even without bugs.. meh

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

So I got the last pieces I needed today for the true patriot tank build (tardigrade armor and true patriot backpack) but I'm wondering what I should use for weapons. I was thinking about trying Baker's Dozen with the 35% headshot damage scope since you don't scope in using the crusader shield, but what about for up close wet work? Am I better off with a shotgun or maybe the Lady Death?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Everybody is running weird skill builds and it's amazing

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
:mad:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

nerdz posted:

status effects are pretty incredible for CC and damage so I agree, but if anyone wants to try one out artillery turret/bfb or cluster seeker is probably the least underpowered direct skill damage build right now, but it's a lot more work to set up than just hitting someone with a firestarter. I think I've got a pretty workable setup with demolitionist, 2pc China Light, 1pc Wyvern, 2pc Hana-U, 1pc anything with skill tier and the Surge rifle but just popping off a chem firestarter and watching the entire map melt is a lot easier.

on the other hand if you get it right - and in most missions enemies funnel down predictable pathways - you can deal out millions of damage a hit with the artillery and wipe entire spawns. I'd not suggest it for open world, though. You're made of paper and the only healing you've got is hoping an Emeline's Guard dropped for you to equip while your seekers and turret get kills.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

How do I unlock these 2 sections in Technician?

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

OgNar posted:

You cannot, you choose one or the other.

Fureil
Jul 7, 2012

OgNar posted:

You would have to respec the top one in order to put points into the other one. That square shows you can only put 5 points between the two skills (see the left hand side by the weapons for reference), so you have to pick one or the other.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Ahh, thanks.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I hope firestarter damage lasts some more because being in a goon group extracting items and looking two stupid pubs in a corner, deploying their skills casually as in "don't worry we're not rogues... yet" was the easiest two kills ever. I was aiming to them with the chem launcher and melted them as soon as we heard "rogue enemy nearby".

Sure I'm easy to kill but if I can place a single canister you're loving BBQ.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

GhostDog posted:

I play solo only, not sure if any of those builds would help me. How do you get the healing to a point where it even makes a difference? I'm at skill 5 (4+1 from Technician) and my drone does gently caress all if I face Elites, it's just good enough to heal me up between waves.

Edit: This is on challenging.

I have two builds that I primary for Solo Heroic and I have two different Skill builds that I use for Solo Challenging ( and depending on group composition I'll vacillate between the two skill builds and my True Patriot Build ).

1st. SharpShooter.
All Offensive Bakers Dozen Perfect Glass Cannon Vigilance build. It's the tits for everything Solo Heroic but played out, boring and if your Heroic 4 mans are all rocking the same build you're all going to eat poo poo and get wasted when multiple tanks rain on your parade. If this build gets nerfed I'll shed a tear for my League runs but that's about it.

2nd. Gunner.
Merica, gently caress yeah. 4 piece True Patriot, Contractors Gloves and Foxes Prayer. All of my TP parts are rolled Armour + Crit, my Contractors Gloves and Foxes Prayer are rolled for Weapon Damage + Crit Damage. Not Optimal for DPS but I can take a hit, I'm rocking Banshee for a little bit of CC and the revive Hive. I just can't put my Sleipner away ( I've tried a Fast Hands MG5 but it's just not as satisfactory as having the Perfect Frenzy Proc. It's all about sharing the love and making sure everything is marked, then burning down Tanks with Frenzy. Is durable enough and damaging enough that while not optimal I can run solo heroic missions albeit a bit slower than the Rifle build and I can be quite aggressive in groups ( 3x +11% Protection from Elites gear mods is probably the reason why I can dare to be stupid ).

3rd. Demolitionist.
Skill Build, all about the Clusters. So this build is basically about minimal cooldowns for the Cluster Seekers and uses the Sniper Turret to proc Skilled and Tech Support. 6 Skill tiers, everything is max Skill Damage followed by Skill Haste, 3 China Light, couple Hana-U and a Wyvern Gear. In Challenging solo the Turret will 1 shot Reds & Purples and two shot Tanks, named bosses are a bit trickier. Your gun doesn't really matter but I'm rolling a P416 with Spike. I tried The Surge but in this case the AR just feels better. Works just fine in groups, but Solo Heroic is just way too much of a pain in the arse. I have issues hitting Heroic AI with the Sniper Turret and they either roll away from or shoot my Clusters. I haven't tried this current build with Heroic group activities but I wager the health scaling would render it impotent.

4th. Firewall.
Skill Build, all about the Status effects yeah. 3 Piece Wyvern, 2 Piece Hana-U, 1 piece Golan that's been rerolled to Skill tier. Talents are Skilled and Creeping Death. I'm rocking Blinder Firefly with enough status effect duration that I can almost perma blind everyone and I'm using the Firestarter Chem Launcher to set things on fire. I tried using an AR with Ignited, Eyeless and Perpetuation but I'm more satisfied with my AR with Spike, lets face it, no matter the gun it's doing bugger all damage. Solo's Challenging ok, brings Crowd Control to Heroic Groups and faceplants Heroic Solo. A couple of major weaknesses become apparent when running Solo Heroic - Every NPC will dive out of your gas cloud before you can double tap it and you are impotent when it comes to dealing with deployed skills, turrets and loving doggos.

Skill builds are more interesting to me but I just can't make them work in solo Heroic. You're way to squishy, your damage is anemic and who the gently caress wants to give up a fun skill to replace it with a Revive Hive? Not Me. But while they suck at Solo Heroic they aren't a struggle in Challenging, the lower enemy health pool makes you a lot killier and you can take a few more hits before you need to heal up

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Mar 23, 2020

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

MORE DAKKA raid build for Diamond Dallas Page-52 (and the other bosses):

Look at this beautiful thing.

3 Petrov for the extra ammo (so I don't ever need to look for it), fox's prayer (not great but decent) for extra damage to out of cover enemies. Gloves are Contractor's for damage to armor. Chest has a yellow minor but is skill haste so is allright.

During the raid, at close to mid ranges and if aiming at a big target the steady handed Negev to NEVER stop shooting. For medium to long ranges and switching between targets fast the amazing Good times wich gets instant reloads as I'm crit capped even without the mask wich I wear for the group, for solo I change the chest for another Petrov with Obliterate, Providence mask and change the M60 for a Baker's Dozen (like everyone else's).

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Can't finish my bounty because the last 2 people are inside an inaccessible area.
The doors don't open and I've competely circled the place.

e: hah, while I was typing that, the bounty squeezed out somehow and started attacking me. still can't 'secure the area' though while last girl is inside.

OgNar fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Mar 23, 2020

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

OgNar posted:

Can't finish my bounty because the last 2 people are inside an inaccessible area.

e: hah, while I was typing that, the bounty squeezed out somehow and started attacking me. still can't 'secure the area' though while last girl is inside.
Above one of the doors there's a window you can throw stuff into, a Hive worked pretty good on them.

Estel
May 4, 2010

OgNar posted:

Every time that happens change one of your skills to oxidizer. Most of the time are closed doors. Point it near and when it turns red because it can hit something shoot it. It will take some shots but you will kill them. I had a bounty bug in that same place and some oxidizer shoots killed them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I had a similar thing happen in NY. The way the game gates mission areas when you’re not doing them (while also using them sometimes for bounties) is honestly kinda weird and puzzling.