Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Lolie posted:

If you receive government benefits you need to read this. People on some benefits will be paid an additional $550 per fortnight for 6 months from 27 April

The Coronavirus Supplement will be provided to people receiving:

JobSeeker Payment
Sickness Allowance
Youth Allowance for jobseekers
Parenting Payment Partnered
Parenting Payment Single
Partner Allowance
Sickness Allowance
Farm Household Allowance

People who don't qualify for the Coronavirus Supplement but who receive one of these payments will be paid two payments of $750

On 22 March 2020, the Government announced it would extend the eligibility for the first Economic Support payment to people who were eligible for their payment or card between 12 March 2020 and 13 April 2020 (inclusive). The Government also announced it would provide a second Economic Support payment, also of $750 to people eligible for any of the payments or cards in the first round of payments on 10 July 2020 so long as they do not receive the Coronavirus Supplement with their payment,

To be eligible for the first Economic Support payment you must be residing in Australia and be receiving one of the following payments or hold one of the following concession cards:

Age Pension
Disability Support Pension
Carer Payment
Parenting Payment
Wife Pension
Widow B Pension
ABSTUDY (Living Allowance)
Austudy
Bereavement Allowance
Newstart Allowance
Youth Allowance
Partner Allowance
Sickness Allowance
Special Benefit
Widow Allowance
Family Tax Benefit, including Double Orphan Pension
Carer Allowance
Pensioner Concession Card holders
Commonwealth Seniors Health Card holders
Veteran Service Pension; Veteran Income Support Supplement; Veteran Compensation payments, including lump sum payments; War Widow(er) Pension; and Veteran Payment
DVA PCC holders; DVA Education Scheme recipients; Disability Pensioners at the temporary special rate; DVA Income support pensioners at $0 rate
Veteran Gold Card holders
Farm Household Allowance.

Eligibility for the second Economic Support payment is for the same group of people but only if they do not receive the Coronavirus Supplement with their payment,

Eligibility for Jobseeker Payment is also being expanded to include the self-employed.

https://www.dss.gov.au/about-the-department/coronavirus-information-and-support

Holy gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I know there’s a lot going on right now but i just had a fly gently caress right into a full bag of bread the second I opened it and I got it out but it feels like an absolutely devastating defeat. He’s doing laps of the room, mocking me.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
I really like that our PM can with a straight face hold a press conference bitching the public out for going to the beach and so on while its apparently fine for him to go hang out with loving hillsong.
It really shows balls.

I guess he couldn't get a plane ticket to hawaii during this disaster.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
It’s also apparently fine for students to be crowded into classrooms like there’s nothing going on. I woke up at 4am after a lovely nights sleep which is always a good time had by someone

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
So there's cops hanging at Coles Hurstville every morning at opening times, I asked them why, cos there's been fights every morning

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

It’s also apparently fine for students to be crowded into classrooms like there’s nothing going on. I woke up at 4am after a lovely nights sleep which is always a good time had by someone

Hopefully Gladys follows Victoria's lead.

I can't stand the woman but some consistency would be nice and it's sure as poo poo not happening at federal level, where scolding people like they're naughty children seems to be the priority.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Morning lockdown friends

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Jestery posted:

Morning lockdown friends

Howdilly doodilly pandemicarino.

ili fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Mar 22, 2020

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jestery posted:

Morning lockdown friends

Top o' the quarantine to you

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/OkButStill/status/1241398228295323650

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I used up all my Centrelink favors back in the 80s
I wonder if all that bullshit paperwork still exists in a forgotten archive somewhere

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Showing up to work with a mechanical keyboard to prove who's the alpha in the office

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

fist4jesus posted:

I really like that our PM can with a straight face hold a press conference bitching the public out for going to the beach and so on while its apparently fine for him to go hang out with loving hillsong.
It really shows balls.

I guess he couldn't get a plane ticket to hawaii during this disaster.

I hope Hillsong has several vectors and he gets it

Part of the problem here in Aus specifically is that a large portion of the population is generally uneducated and distrustful of politicians. So they don't understand what these percentage and figures mean but also don't believe the government

Then you end up with 20k "hippie kids" from the eastern suburbs on a beach

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Fully expect to get to work today and be told what's going on

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
A dole form used to be a 2 sided less than a4 size questionnaire with about a dozen yes/no answers and a 5 line box to list the 2 or 3 places you "looked" for work.
If you lived rurally enough you could mail it in.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I can't stop checking the zoo webcam for some levity in these trying tumultuous times

https://www.youtube.com/user/ZoosVictoria

The indoor snow leopard cub cam is off right now sadly.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

This is bullshit. The wife has a thinkpad and I got my keyboard from kogan.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

McSpergin posted:

Part of the problem here in Aus specifically is that a large portion of the population is generally uneducated and distrustful of politicians. So they don't understand what these percentage and figures mean but also don't believe the government

This is why the face of the social distancing campaign shouldn't be a politician. Choose several people whom Aussies do trust and respect and use them to deliver the behavioral change messages.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Lolie posted:

This is why the face of the social distancing campaign shouldn't be a politician. Choose several people whom Aussies do trust and respect and use them to deliver the behavioral change messages.

Scott "church is ok but not the beach" Morrisson

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Yep looks like we're supposed to be working remotely according to this email from 11pm last night.

This should be interesting as I don't have the equipment to do so lmao

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Unless playing apex legends all day on the Xbox is considered work anyway

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Oh no my jobseeker appointments been cancelled

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Is mcdonalds gonna be open

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Indefinite work from home for the entire division

Now to get my WFH key when my manager shows up at half 9 (he's basically here to sort this out and we're all pissing off)

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
If they set up quarantine on Rottnest the quokkas are Gunna get obese

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Jestery, are you scoring the signers out of ten? Seen any funny in jokes?
Is there a collective slur for the hearing?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Deaf people are real cranky i bet they got all kinds of rude slang

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

McSpergin posted:

Scott "church is ok but not the beach" Morrisson

I am totally ok with this.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

tardwrangler posted:

Every time the premier mentions the prime minister the signer makes a wanker hand motion.

https://twitter.com/takethetwoo/status/1241847887786475521

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

tardwrangler posted:

I've not been watching the broadcasts, I get enough poo poo through my phone

But interpreter culture is very professional, atleast while on assignment so I doubt any in jokes or horseplay unfortunately

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

This poo poo is wild. Didn't think I'd have 2 major world events I'd have to ramble about explain to kids in 20 years to explain why the world is the way it is; September 11 2001 and 2020 which is rapidly becoming the year that didn't happen because everyone was locked down.

Edit: assuming there's any kids to explain poo poo to in 20 years depending on the climate change apocalypse timeline

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Oh sweet the masks I have left over from the bushfires will protect me from the virus.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I’m pretty sure my deaf uncle has a version of the sign for ‘hearing person’ that he uses exclusively for people he doesn’t like where he flicks his hand towards them at the end after he touches his mouth and that’s probably pretty close to a slur

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
What a day to launch Bubble O'Jill

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Lolie posted:

Watch them shriek when forcible quarantine starts.

I still remember the apocalyptic meltdowns over QLD banning plastic grocery bags.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
If you've never had any dealings with Centrelink before you have to line up to show ID to get your CRN.

https://twitter.com/hansinclair9/status/1241849354698149888

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

If you've never had any dealings with Centrelink before you have to line up to show ID to get your CRN.

https://twitter.com/hansinclair9/status/1241849354698149888

Gonna be a ton of new people signing up for benefits after the weekend's coronabux announcements.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Blow were the lines any shorter the 2nd or 3rd time around

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I just realised I can work in footy shorts and no shirt for the next 2-3 months and this makes me extremely happy

It's like I'm a chippie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007
Some .. fairly ok news from Seppostan *may he recover and serve his full sentence + bonus*