Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker

mod sassinator posted:

i hope coronavirus abolishes the senate

https://twitter.com/trekonomics/status/1241769475977793536

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

twoday posted:

thank you!

if anyone else can find out more info about the history of BCG vaccinations in their country please post it, I will compile it all into my next BCG effort post

English literature on this topic is lacking

Poland's been getting mandatory BCG from 1955; at some point 7 times in life and later moved to just once. First the Danish strain, then the Brazilian strain.

7 deaths, 600 cases so far

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
RUMPT
https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/1241838744732340225

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
is a man not entitled to the sweat of his bowflex

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

twoday posted:

thank you!

if anyone else can find out more info about the history of BCG vaccinations in their country please post it, I will compile it all into my next BCG effort post

In Australia, the broad-based BCG vaccination program originated at a time when the epidemiological circumstances of tuberculosis (TB) were quite different. Initially in 1948, vaccination targeted health workers, Aboriginal people and close contacts of active cases, especially children. In the 1950s the program was expanded to include all Australian school children except those from New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory . This policy was discontinued in the mid-1980s (1991 in the Northern Territory) in favour of a more selective approach.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
a funny thing that the senate could do right now would be to vote to have the sergeant at arms compel the attendance of missing senators

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/COVID19Tracking/status/1241838036427522050

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Maya Fey posted:

same here. time to relax and get back to socializing

i'm back to work in my building with hundreds of people tomorrow lol

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
So of course getting bcg vaccine is useless now, right? Had to have been in effect a long time ago?

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
The vaccine talk doesn't really track, Iran has used it for decades, and is the worst hit country. Also, things there are going to get even worse, tens of thousands of people have moved around for the new year, spreading it to places that for the most part wasn't hit.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Joementum posted:

a funny thing that the senate could do right now would be to vote to have the sergeant at arms compel the attendance of missing senators

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

mod sassinator posted:

i hope coronavirus abolishes the senate

:same:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

pathetic little tramp posted:

So of course getting bcg vaccine is useless now, right? Had to have been in effect a long time ago?

they're doing an experiment in germany to see if it helps now

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Hillary 2020 posted:

I missed this one. I wonder if his neighbor gave it to him?

https://twitter.com/tonyposnanski/status/1241794905468477447?s=20

https://twitter.com/RonPaul/status/1239551403074433025?s=19

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

"oscar winning movie producer" instead of "convicted serial rapist", amazing

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

all
my
faves

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

twoday posted:

thank you!

france vaccinated school-enrolled kids & teens from 1950 to 2007 so most people under 80 should be covered

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Dreylad posted:

lol indigenous people gonna have the last laugh.

good

quote:

Incidentally the cases in Quebec are far lower than they are in smaller provinces proportionate to the population (202 cases in Quebec, population of 8.4 million vs 226 cases in Alberta, population of 4.3 million). Also there's 1 case in all of the northern territories (Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunavut) and 3 cases in Newfoundland and Labrador total.

"In the Canadian province of Quebec, the BCG vaccine was provided to children until the early 1960s."

that means the 65+ group would be protected

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Joementum posted:

i predict that mitch is going to become a lot more comfortable with remote voting in an hour or two

what about astral projection

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

why did countries stop vaccinating

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

Shear Modulus posted:

usa number one!!!

i hope i'm alive in (checks notes) 2 days so i can put this in my wechat moments and have it be correct

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Shear Modulus posted:

it's not clear that the vaccine is all that useful anymore so they only recommend people at risk do it now

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

TB disappeared, same reason they stopped vaccinating for smallpox.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Maya Fey posted:

france vaccinated school-enrolled kids & teens from 1950 to 2007 so most people under 80 should be covered

need to see how old the dead french victims are

this sort of data is also very hard to find (death by age group)

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Basic Poster posted:

dnd [...] not [...] (fun)lol why do people post there

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

marmot25 posted:

this seems like a season five plot point that the writers had to cram to wrap everything up in one final season of trump

and having biden, the status quo candidate, be the first major american politician to succumb to the virus is hamfisted symbolism imo

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

E Depois do Adeus posted:

i hope i'm alive in (checks notes) 2 days so i can put this in my wechat moments and have it be correct

they reached enough autism rates

twoday
May 4, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

we here in the first world don't get such shameful medieval diseases, ok? please send these vaccine cartridges to the brown folks who need it

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

If the dems possess a coronavirus based majority could they make Schumer majority leader with all the powers there-in

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

twoday posted:

need to see how old the dead french victims are

this sort of data is also very hard to find (death by age group)

There's also stuff like immigration from places that didn't vaccinate at birth within the infected population that you wont be able to account for until someone does a comprehensive study years later. Hopefully this connection leads to more testing right now and possibly something that can blunt the effects of the roni

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/ljayes/status/1241654215740502016

So NSW has a shutdown order that shuts nothing down :toot:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

twoday posted:

we here in the first world don't get such shameful medieval diseases, ok? please send these vaccine cartridges to the brown folks who need it

is this why i got a tetanus booster when i got stingray'd in the US because its a 3rd world country?

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

tink ov da mans, mon

twoday
May 4, 2005

Inceltown posted:

In Australia, the broad-based BCG vaccination program originated at a time when the epidemiological circumstances of tuberculosis (TB) were quite different. Initially in 1948, vaccination targeted health workers, Aboriginal people and close contacts of active cases, especially children. In the 1950s the program was expanded to include all Australian school children except those from New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory . This policy was discontinued in the mid-1980s (1991 in the Northern Territory) in favour of a more selective approach.

cool! thanks

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

empty whippet box posted:

"oscar winning movie producer" instead of "convicted serial rapist", amazing

'Convicted serial rapist' is implied from 'Oscar-winning movie producer'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Jose posted:

is this why i got a tetanus booster when i got stingray'd in the US because its a 3rd world country?

I think they always want you to get a tetanus booster, people injure themselves with rusty metal all the time.