Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

monkeytennis posted:

Maccas is closing all its ‘restaurants’ in the UK from Monday. Maybe the idiots will finally begin to take it seriously now.
like, as in drive-through too? Or just eat-in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019
My state only reported three new cases today. So maybe we won't all die? That'd be cool.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Lol sure he did. Every rich person in prison always gets "very ill" and gets transferred to a better staying place.

Natalie Fartman
Apr 5, 2013

I selflessly rescued an abandoned cat during the COVID-19 Pandemic :3:

monkeytennis posted:

Maccas is closing all its ‘restaurants’ in the UK from Monday. Maybe the idiots will finally begin to take it seriously now.

Doubt it. We'll need a near total lockdown for that. Even then they'll just complain about it being the flu What's The Big Deal

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

like, as in drive-through too? Or just eat-in?

The whole shebang I think. Got this off Facebook (I know, I know).

monkeytennis fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Mar 22, 2020

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
Seems questionable. Restaurants have to stay closed here but McDonalds just started a new ad campaign assuring people their McDrive remains open for business. I can't see them closing the McDrive unless legally obligated to do so.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

NihilismNow posted:

Seems questionable. Restaurants have to stay closed here but McDonalds just started a new ad campaign assuring people their McDrive remains open for business. I can't see them closing the McDrive unless legally obligated to do so.

https://twitter.com/mcdonaldsuk/status/1241824519280566274?s=21

It’s real

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Lol sure he did. Every rich person in prison always gets "very ill" and gets transferred to a better staying place.
I hope it's false or that he ends up with a mild case because I was hoping he'd have a good number of years ahead of him to spend rotting in prison.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Some friends of mine are launching a mass reporting of some nearby AirB&B's

Also this isn't true, there are cases in those towns

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

just because there aren't active cases doesn't mean everyone doesn't have it :psyduck:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Picnic Princess posted:

Some friends of mine are launching a mass reporting of some nearby AirB&B's

Also this isn't true, there are cases in those towns

These people need to be wrapped in blankets too tight to escape then made to have timeout in a dark room for 24 hours.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Weird that all McDonalds in the UK have to close but in the Netherlands they are airing "McDrive remains open and is completely without physical contact, come and get a Big mac" radio commercials.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I know we all adore the term Roni but I just saw a new contender

La Rona

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

They did the same thing in Switzerland after some unions complained there's no way they could respect the directives.

I have to admit I'll miss eating garbage for a month or so

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Lol Trump thanking all the companies in his breifing as if they're the official corporate sponsors of this crisis.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
They are.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Google Butt posted:

I'm pretty sure the airborne thing is only for aerosolized fluids, which doesn't happen when you cough or sneeze, only during certain medical procedures

people produce aerosols all the time, and they expel aerosolized droplets while coughing and sneezing and even while just breathing. In fact aerosolized transmission is believed to be the primary means by which people transmit influenza infections

But the few studies that exist suggest that coronavirus transmission primarily occurs through larger droplets, so the concern is that medical procedures that aerosolize these droplets put healthcare workers at risk. That's not the same as saying that people only produce aerosols via medical procedures, and it's not the same as saying that aerosol transmission cannot occur normally

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

before you guys cum yourself over the lives of the GOP going down the shitter, remember that our pres is crazy enough to declare himself a literal God King and rule for eternity (about 5-10 more years), leading to a civil war that destroys the earth.

He looks like a weak tired bitch right now, and is getting upstaged by his 1950's mannequin vice president.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Andrew Cuomo feels like the actual president right now lol.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Grape posted:

He looks like a weak tired bitch right now, and is getting upstaged by his 1950's mannequin vice president.
He can't do anything to stop this anymore in spite of being "in charge," and that's gotta be hard for someone with his astronomical level of narcissism.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Io_ posted:

Checking in from rural North Yorkshire

Semi-rural West Mids here, and it's just about the same. All my neighbours are about 90 and I've been checking in with them, but they are all pretty cool with it and self-isolating already. One asked if I could shoot, because he has his eyes on the large family of partridge living next to his house if food gets scarce, and they pretty much all grow their own veggies anyway. There's no toilet roll for miles around though.

Soysaucebeast posted:

I work as a dispatcher, and the IT guys can't figure out a way to get our inbound calls to forward to our laptops at home. They thought they had it figured out, but since we share desks (WHY), they can't find a way to get the hard phones to forward from one employee to another without someone logging those employees in/out on the physical phone.

Eww. We have a callcenter here and our IT guys splurged on a bunch of software licenses to get everyone home by the end of last week, apparently it's working great, although one of our junior staff is never going to live down his mom coming into the room during a conference call, and asking *petname* if he wanted some brekkie.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

monkeytennis posted:

Honestly this is the kind of thing that will actually make people take it a little more seriously.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Zugzwang posted:

He can't do anything to stop this anymore in spite of being "in charge," and that's gotta be hard for someone with his astronomical level of narcissism.

Also someone who enjoys power for entirely non-responsibility reasons.
This is the one thing that he can't just half-rear end and lie about and have it not bother him.
So he's grumpy and exhausted and wants to just play counter-strike in his room like a teenager.

Also it must be very tiring to have people constantly trying to get him to give some kind of reassuring warm fatherly speech or whatever, when he is literally incapable of such a thing.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
Hey so I work at an ‘essential service’ (not) in NY and want to make sure my employer is following the proper sanitation procedures. Currently I’m very certain we aren’t but I’d like to know what I’m legally entitled to. I’ve seen on some websites it mention this -

quote:

Essential Businesses must continue to comply with the guidance and directives for maintaining a clean and safe work environment issued by the Department of Health).

Does anyone know where I can find this directive?

schmug
May 20, 2007

lmao

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
This thread moves super fast so I don't know if this has been posted, but gently caress the canadian banks
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/mortgage-deferral-rbc-banks-covid19-coronavirus-credit-card-1.5505704

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Mustached5thGrader posted:

Sorry I said i was going to kilo myself. My mind is broken at the thought of everyone dying or having to live through a Great Depression

I often have nightmares about atomic bombs or giant hosed up monsters and in those dreams I have this feeling - a feeling of I can’t believe this is real, nothing is going to be ok. This is the first time in waking life I’ve felt that.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mustached5thGrader posted:

Sorry I said i was going to kilo myself. My mind is broken at the thought of everyone dying or having to live through a Great Depression

I often have nightmares about atomic bombs or giant hosed up monsters and in those dreams I have this feeling - a feeling of I can’t believe this is real, nothing is going to be ok. This is the first time in waking life I’ve felt that.

Our panic reaction is pegged at nuclear holocaust and it means we're all super pre traumatized and also our very precarious capitalist hell system raises the baseline too

Anukahn
Jul 22, 2006

My brain hurts
Reporting from the front, Madrid based. After starting the second week of lockdown some of us are losing the sense of smell and taste (insert goony joke here). The WHO and local authorities dont link that as one of the symtomps, so maybe a lot of us are just drifting slowly into insanity.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

veni veni veni posted:

I bet if nothing else we won't have any mass shootings for a good long while.

Only 66 so far this year!

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Anukahn posted:

Reporting from the front, Madrid based. After starting the second week of lockdown some of us are losing the sense of smell and taste (insert goony joke here). The WHO and local authorities dont link that as one of the symtomps, so maybe a lot of us are just drifting slowly into insanity.

A few of my friends in the UK have reported this sensation too and wondered if it was part of the virus. Weird.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

i see

*press x button to close note*

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Someone should make another note that says March 19 just to make it confusing.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
has anyone checked on lowtax?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

zer0spunk posted:

has anyone checked on lowtax?

Why? He’s probably been replaced by AI years ago anyway.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Grape posted:

Andrew Cuomo feels like the actual president right now lol.

As someone holed up in Queens with a ton of cases around I wish that rear end in a top hat would act faster because from my point of view he’s way behind where we should be. Foot and car traffic outside my place slowed down noticeably today. It should have been like this a week, two weeks ago. Just days ago the sidewalks were crowded.

naem
May 29, 2011

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now

friendly 2 da void posted:

no they shouldn't, but COVID 19 absolutely causes digestive issues, as has been reported since the very beginning

as in... Study: Nearly half of COVID-19 patients experience digestive issues

That can't be true because when I called the COVID hotline here in BC they told me they were only looking for respiratory symptoms.

Fake news, China.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Ocean Book posted:

Hey so I work at an ‘essential service’ (not) in NY and want to make sure my employer is following the proper sanitation procedures. Currently I’m very certain we aren’t but I’d like to know what I’m legally entitled to. I’ve seen on some websites it mention this -

Does anyone know where I can find this directive?

If anyone else in NY was wondering this, I found them at https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/home, ctrl+f for "cleaning".

Unfortunately, it looks like a lot of 'should's and no 'must's. I'm just going to make up a list of frequently touched surfaces and see if I can get them disinfected twice a shift. That's something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Is uh...this a thing?

Note: this slipped into my inbox and not the spam filter, I haven't touched anything yet and I'm not in BC