Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Aphrodite posted:

Do you ever unlock more clothing types in the custom designer, or is it just what you start with?

Those are the options New Leaf had (maybe even more than that), so I'm guessing no, unless they patch more in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

I kinda wish it didn't pause every time someone was on their way, though.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Do you ever unlock more clothing types in the custom designer, or is it just what you start with?

Did you buy the pro designer for Nook Miles?

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

This game is giving me good feels in a time of strife.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

Is there a way to get extra storage?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is this true? I want to buy a Switch Lite for my gf to have her play the game so I can play my games again; is it possible to transfer her save to that new console?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/02/animal_crossing_new_horizons_will_support_save_file_transfers_later_this_year

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Oh noes I was kicked off 😞

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

shadowvine118 posted:

I kinda wish it didn't pause every time someone was on their way, though.

Yeah that is super obnoxious. C'mon Nintendo.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

shadowvine118 posted:

Is there a way to get extra storage?

Every house upgrade gets you 40 more

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

My game is stuck in the loading screen.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Empress Brosephine posted:

Is this true? I want to buy a Switch Lite for my gf to have her play the game so I can play my games again; is it possible to transfer her save to that new console?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/02/animal_crossing_new_horizons_will_support_save_file_transfers_later_this_year

They've not specified anything at all and 'later this year' is a very big window.

Just buy yourself a new switch it'll be easier.

Sharizard
Jun 15, 2009

The New Arrival screen should just be an icon somewhere in the HUD that changes to reflect if someone's coming in. Not a fan of the wait.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

What happens when I get the arrival screen? Does my villager just stand there to others?

Maybe the game would crash when someone is entering or leaving without the load screen?

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Can you plant fruit trees from fruit? I'm guessing not, you need to dig up a tree? Speaking of, does dug up stuff ever respawn?

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
I literally fell asleep on my way to buy turnips. Will I ruin time and space if I go back to buy turnips?

Sharizard
Jun 15, 2009

I think everyone sees the same screen. At least I see it whenever someone new comes in.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

GoGoGadget posted:

Can you plant fruit trees from fruit? I'm guessing not, you need to dig up a tree? Speaking of, does dug up stuff ever respawn?

You can just bury a fruit in a hole. Fossils respawn, but I'm not familiar enough with tree and flower spawning rules to give you a real answer.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Lol I keep getting kicked off. Whelp, guess there's only a certain amount of those loading screens my system can handle before it kicks me of whoever's island.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

My internet is butts. I think everyone got kicked off. Sorry.

The new Dodo code is LHSVB if anyone wants to give it a go.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Apparently it's the end of the world tonight because I've seen probably 40+ shooting stars already. It's at the point where I can't even cross the river without missing one

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

GoGoGadget posted:

Yeah, bury a piece of fruit and you get a fruit tree after a couple days.

Fossils respawn at a rate of a couple a day.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

What was with the viking hats in the GC game? I want to wear a hat with phat horns again.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

What should I be doing with golden holes? I replanted bells into some of them but I dunno if I should/can be upgrading tools or whatever. Should I even be putting bells back in? I remember money trees were a terrible investment last game.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

stev posted:

What was with the viking hats in the GC game? I want to wear a hat with phat horns again.

The game originally involved doing dungeon crawling with your villagers filling party member roles, I think.

Undocumented Gamer
Jan 9, 2019

mutata posted:

Forgive my unchill, but gently caress Nintendo for only allowing 1 island per switch. Sharing an island with my 6 year old who can play for 6 hours a day and has now destroyed every rock on our island (among other things) is testing my patience. I just wanted a solo zen garden to chill out on but NO Nintendo has REASONS or something. :(

I feel you on the pain in the rear end of sharing an island. We still cant cross the rivers, because we keep splitting share time between my partner and myself.

Just made our 4 year old a character. She loves it. Cant control anything that well but can shake trees, catch bugs, and pick stuff up. My island is so barren having to share all the drops.

But playing with 3 ppl coop is cool, if a little irritating with limited ability to do certain things. 2nd player only has a fishing rod. 3rd player only has a net. But they dont break, so thats cool

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
So, my wife and I are getting our houses tomorrow. Will they be in the same spots as our tents or do we get to place them?

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Okay, I just found a recipe for a bamboo wand. It's a tool, but when I try to use it it just says "You haven't registered any outfits". Anyone know what the deal with that is? How do I register an outfit?

Can... can I do a magical girl transformation with it??

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Scholtz posted:

Is there a spreadsheet for March's available critters and fish?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iO44lFvPmXrwgRynp9s2cTaeXfKYc1cCAq9bcDtHcis/edit?pli=1#gid=0

I just found this. Sortable by month, too.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Sturgeon are kicking my rear end. I haven't even seen one, been throwing bait at my estuary all drat afternoon.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Can you spend Nook Miles on someone else's island? My nook kiosk is selling face masks today.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Blaziken386 posted:

everyone post fashion

Tried to use that converter to do a custom Aloha shirt.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Echophonic posted:

Sturgeon are kicking my rear end. I haven't even seen one, been throwing bait at my estuary all drat afternoon.

Which part are you throwing it in? I threw the bait in between the two sand areas while standing between rocks and it eventually gave me a sturgeon there. I was initially still on the grass part which I think is wrong. I don't really know though.

Thanks for linking that spreadsheet, it seems cool and good.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

Man, when is the meteor shower suppose to happen?

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Blaziken386 posted:

everyone post fashion

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It is day two
I have all the fruits. My museum opens tomorrow, as do new houses and my bridge. And I have the next tier house being built. Thank u Nook.

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

Yo how do you guys post screenshots without posting them on twitter/Facebook?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

C. E. Croix posted:

Yo how do you guys post screenshots without posting them on twitter/Facebook?

i post them to my facebook but have my settings for the switch app set to only let me see them

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
What's the max # of visitors you can have on your island at a given time?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Snooze Cruise posted:

stardew is a bad game with no character or atmosphere and all the people in it are boring and bland and in no way should ever be compare to animal crossing or even harvest moon which both have way more personality

Yeah I tried it finally last year because everybody kept going on and on about how awesome it is and it loving sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I'm glad that the AC thread is vindicating my opinion on SDV re: it loving sucks