Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

that's my Jeopardy champion

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J53UK_bul5Y

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

smarxist posted:

lol PPACA sucks rear end, but a bunch of people losing their income is a great time to run to your state exchange, get the maximum federal credit for a healthcare plan and snag a bronze PPO Bluecross dealie for $12 a month (after fed subsidy) that'll at least get you in the door of a hospital if you have a major problem or corona that turns bad, you'll get into massive debt with the copay but you won't die

I've Discovered One Weird Simple Trick They Don't Want You To Know That Will Make Your ER Doctor Hate You

If you're poor and being garnished and don't care about your credit, you don't actually have to pay your medical bills.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Ken Jennings seems like a cool dude tbh

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

eric ciaramella posted:

burgoo to the polls

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

earlier today a poster thought that if your bank goes bust you have to send in a form to the fdic and maybe get your money a few weeks later

it actually is way cooler than that

the fdic nationalizes the bank overnight and nothing changes except for a few weeks later the fdic will sell the depositors and remaining assets off to some other bank

so you’ll have a different bank but you never lose access to your money

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

trempo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Soy Division posted:

earlier today a poster thought that if your bank goes bust you have to send in a form to the fdic and maybe get your money a few weeks later

it actually is way cooler than that

the fdic nationalizes the bank overnight and nothing changes except for a few weeks later the fdic will sell the depositors and remaining assets off to some other bank

so you’ll have a different bank but you never lose access to your money

this happened in 2008 a bunch iirc

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
unemployment claims up 2100% in michigan. highest unemployment in history is nigh.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

eric ciaramella posted:

unemployment claims up 2100% in michigan. highest unemployment in history is nigh.

lol trump

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
release the rest cowards

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

unemeployment was 25% in 1933. coronanvirus is going to eat that number's rear end.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

Extensive Vamping posted:

I've Discovered One Weird Simple Trick They Don't Want You To Know That Will Make Your ER Doctor Hate You

If you're poor and being garnished and don't care about your credit, you don't actually have to pay your medical bills.

You can also dick over someone who's trying to garnish you by withholding additional money from your check for taxes so they can't take any

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

lol trump is going to block the bad unemployment numbers and they will leak out and then he will call them fake news

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

euphronius posted:

this happened in 2008 a bunch iirc
yep it did although it usually didn’t go to full fdic takeover, the fed would arrange some shotgun wedding to another bank over a weekend instead

actually there hadn’t been a bank failure for a couple years until last year and then there were several failures in the last few months...hmm

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bearjew posted:

lol trump

no, he told me the economy is the best, the greatest

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2020/03/22/michigan-jobless-past-108-000-covid-19/2894660001/ Source for that Michigan thing btw

quote:

Last week, Michiganders filed 108,710 unemployment claims, a 2,100% surge from the 5,000 claims that the department normally anticipates, and far more than any period in recent history.

A week ago the admin tried to convince state agencies not to release numbers publicly. This is the first state to do so since

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
unemployment can be at 50% and trump will still win because nothing matters

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

roarpower posted:

if I won hundreds of thousands of dollars on Jeopardy, I would tell randroids to gently caress off on twitter too. Hell, If i owed Jeopardy money, I would still tell randriods to gently caress on twitter

Try millions

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why would Donald John Trump become president of a country with a failing economy? I saw that guy eat his pizza backwards once. Would a loser do that?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Louisgod posted:

he'll win because his opponent, joe biden, has died

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Louisgod posted:

He'll win because his rivals are even more incompetent

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Shear Modulus posted:

he'll win because his opponent, joe biden, has died

good

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
I heard that Bearjew shot the schnorkles plane!! Pass it on!!

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

what the gently caress does ammosexual mean? It is the furthest thing from a pun

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/jasonintrator/status/1241911435481026561
https://mobile.twitter.com/jasonintrator/status/1241911437859196929
https://mobile.twitter.com/jasonintrator/status/1241911440178581509
https://mobile.twitter.com/jasonintrator/status/1241912717767778307

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Bearjew posted:

give me my loving trumpbux

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

has anyone other than us seen these tweets?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

roarpower posted:

what the gently caress does ammosexual mean? It is the furthest thing from a pun

Means they gently caress guns

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

NO BRK LTS

tacodaemon has issued a correction as of 03:34 on Mar 23, 2020

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Gee! That's too bad

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ohio's unemployment https://www.cleveland.com/coronavir...rus-threat.html

quote:

The state received 139,468 unemployment benefits applications from Sunday through Thursday, a massive increase over the 4,815 received over the same five-day period the previous week, according to Ohio Department of Job and Family Services statistics.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao holy poo poo we are gonna have 60 percent unemployment by next week

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Good soup! posted:

lmao holy poo poo we are gonna have 60 percent unemployment by next week

I think like 55% of adults won’t have job lmao

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/1241820349475545088

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tacodaemon posted:

NO BRK LTS

this would probably work better if it was written on the grill.