Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, Bernie isn’t going to get the nom so can we just compromise and put Cuomo through instead of Biden who probably won’t survive until November anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I don't even care who it is at this point. Could be a pile of poo poo and I'd have no problem voting it into office.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Philthy posted:

Some CBS reporter was saying the CDC tomorrow may tell people it's okay to let exposed people go back to work if they wear masks.

If that happens I can't even...

And they'll conveniently leave out anything about essential or non essential businesses and there will be even more non essential companies asking people to come in. Can't wait to see how states/counties with shelter in place mandates handle that one

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Philthy posted:

Could be a pile of poo poo and I'd have no problem voting it into office.

Boy have I got some good news for you about who's winning the democratic party

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Philthy posted:

I don't even care who it is at this point. Could be a pile of poo poo and I'd have no problem voting it into office.

No, don't, please don't vote for Trump

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Is the dnc starting to pay goons to shill for the corrupt rear end in a top hat Cuomo now?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

giuliani did a great job as mayor after 9/11, he can run against cuomo when trump succumbs

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Bronze Fonz posted:

Reminder: Iran has the hottest temperatures recorded on Earth.

Iran is the 6th most ronied country right now.

they recorded the hottest temperatures on earth in june. the virus started spreading there in february. its a mountain/desert climate that gets cold in winter. not saying im on the "heat kills the virus" train but thats dumb

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Is the dnc starting to pay goons to shill for the corrupt rear end in a top hat Cuomo now?

Trump is straight up better?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Old Boot posted:

Late to this, but I am in the exact same position you are (dispatch/IT is a gently caress).

We're still all sharing offices/desks because our IT wants to scream their uselessness from the rooftops, re: can't be arsed to set up new offices, even if there are more than a few that are available. That means setting up more Cisco phones and that takes time and effort!

We're in a high-traffic corridor as well, lol, even for the remaining employees, of which there are enough to make anyone legitimately worried. Except we have TWO elderly smokers, one of whom had a heart attack semi-recently.

Our central dispatch has transitioned to WFH with a skeleton crew in the general office. Our field locations are still manned since they deal directly with drivers and paperwork.

I primarily deal with support/telematics and HOS enforcement, which the government has suspended due to the national emergency- so I guess I just generate reports that don't mean anything now???

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Burt Sexual posted:

Trump is straight up better?

Cuomo would not beat Trump

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

the idea of enduring a trump vs cuomo election is miserable enough without even thinking about who might win

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’m sorry for saying anything. I live in Florida, and nobody here is doing gently caress all about anything.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

EL BROMANCE posted:

I’m sorry for saying anything. I live in Florida, and nobody here is doing gently caress all about anything.

Evergreen post

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

If there’s any silver lining it’s all the videos we’ll eventually get from urbex you tubers trespassing into discovery island and other Disney World spots

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Hazo posted:

If there’s any silver lining it’s all the videos we’ll eventually get from urbex you tubers trespassing into discovery island and other Disney World spots

Or the White House, Costco and Trump tower.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Sky News UK had a report they uploaded online, then deleted. Possibly because it will instill THE FEAR in anyone who tunes in to see it.

Anyway, it was reuploaded by a bunch of people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiY32pglV-g
https://youtu.be/xiY32pglV-g

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Heh, I just had a phone call with relatives in NY, one of whom is a doctor in the Bronx, and they had some pretty strong opinions about the degree to which Cuomo had decimated the NY healthcare system before all this. “Cutting it to the bone, then cutting the bone” was what the doc said. And he’s been practicing medicine for like 25 years.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I’m stuck inside so I looked up some videos and recipes and tried baking for the first time. I made actual B+ tasting food!

Big slices for the stew I made in bulk.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Our central dispatch has transitioned to WFH with a skeleton crew in the general office. Our field locations are still manned since they deal directly with drivers and paperwork.

I primarily deal with support/telematics and HOS enforcement, which the government has suspended due to the national emergency- so I guess I just generate reports that don't mean anything now???

We don't deal directly with drivers or paperwork. It's all remote. They've been pursuing other projects for months in spite of 'get dispatch to be able to WFH' being a thing they've been asked to look into.

Dispatch is basically only critical when we're critical. Every other day, we're forgettable.

Anyway congrats on all your free time and keep generating nonsense reports! By the time they figure out it's all nonsense you'll probably have actual poo poo to do again.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

EL BROMANCE posted:

Hey I'm in Texas and all we got was some restaurants closing down their dining areas. We have so few cases so nothing else is necessary I guess. Oh wait that's only because tests are literally unavailable in most of the state and severely restricted everywhere else, plus we have a huge undocumented population who wouldn't get tested in the best of circumstances.

The number of people who are self-quarantining and "presumed positive" is crazy, but the maps keep showing zero infected in those areas.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Manager Hoyden posted:

Hey I'm in Texas and all we got was some restaurants closing down their dining areas. We have so few cases so nothing else is necessary I guess. Oh wait that's only because tests are literally unavailable in most of the state and severely restricted everywhere else, plus we have a huge undocumented population who wouldn't get tested in the best of circumstances.

The number of people who are self-quarantining and "presumed positive" is crazy, but the maps keep showing zero infected in those areas.

The schools and museums are closed as well.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

The schools and museums are closed as well.

So like just normal Texas then

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Manager Hoyden posted:

we're never going to get accurate numbers out of our area, everyone's just hoping the self-quarantines from presumed positives will fizzle out and self-select towards those needing major interventions only getting tested so it'll all blow over and we forget it ever happened

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Rolo posted:

I’m stuck inside so I looked up some videos and recipes and tried baking for the first time. I made actual B+ tasting food!

Baking bread loving rooooooocks.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B97oXKzFkdH/
Use a wet sharp knife and cut a slit down the center of the loaf so it can expand a bit from the center as it goes in the oven, rather than lifting up at the edges there.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Spinz posted:

No problem
https://cntechpost.com/2020/01/28/does-the-sun-kill-the-new-coronavirus-expert-explains/

I've seen it elsewhere too since I'm reading the CSPAM Covid thread which had gold and poo in about equal measure
C'mon. There is so much suspicious with this article. Ma Ke from Tongji Hospital with no footnotes or references. Anthropomorphic talk, “the virus is afraid of X”. Some people open the windows.

Big grain of salt here. The Department of Infectious Diseases doesn’t make it into the Medical School's Wikipedia Page

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

hot DANG

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Cuomo would not beat Trump

The entire economy has crashed and we're all dying from the plague. A piece of mold would beat Trump. He's not getting re-elected over the worst response to the biggest disaster of our lifetimes.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Starting to see a bunch of people whining that they can't take a dump in provincial park outhouses because they've been locked up to prevent virus spreading and it isn't fair.

Stay the gently caress home you entitled rear end hats.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Philthy posted:

The entire economy has crashed and we're all dying from the plague. A piece of mold would beat Trump. He's not getting re-elected over the worst response to the biggest disaster of our lifetimes.
But Scott Adams says,

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I went outside tonight and was starstruck, literally. I cannot remember the last time I was able to see the sky so clearly. The haze that hangs over us most of the time is just completely gone. I stood there and gawked upward like a child for what seemed a very long time, and it was like looking up and seeing no ceiling above me. It hasn't felt so enormous, nor I so small, for many years. Forces you to reflect on what else you're being robbed of.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

i am harry posted:

Baking bread loving rooooooocks.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B97oXKzFkdH/
Use a wet sharp knife and cut a slit down the center of the loaf so it can expand a bit from the center as it goes in the oven, rather than lifting up at the edges there.

Oh poo poo yeah I’ll try that next time! I live alone and really like cooking but this was something different. Crack a beer, put on some chill jams and make a big mess.

Edit: I stalked your art and that dog tattoo is really awesome.

Rolo fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Mar 23, 2020

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Picnic Princess posted:

Starting to see a bunch of people whining that they can't take a dump in provincial park outhouses because they've been locked up to prevent virus spreading and it isn't fair.

Stay the gently caress home you entitled rear end hats.

10 police interventions in Quebec City last night for people gathering and not respecting orders to distance from each other...
I give it one more week before the remaining few freedom fighters realize something serious is going on.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Heath posted:

I went outside tonight and was starstruck, literally. I cannot remember the last time I was able to see the sky so clearly. The haze that hangs over us most of the time is just completely gone. I stood there and gawked upward like a child for what seemed a very long time, and it was like looking up and seeing no ceiling above me. It hasn't felt so enormous, nor I so small, for many years. Forces you to reflect on what else you're being robbed of.

i went outside and all i saw are illuminated clouds from the city lights

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Chinatown posted:

Turn off your monitors, people!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Chinatown posted:

Being a cloudless night helps, but even on a normal clear night it isn't this bright. The sky is uniformly black for once.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Philthy posted:

Can’t tell if you’re young or if you just failed to Never Forget :911:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Hazo posted:

Can’t tell if you’re young or if you just failed to Never Forget :911:

Nah, I'm an old. I know what's what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Philthy posted:

His base have lost their jobs over his incompetence and they still vowed to vote for him. Half the country is still thinking “thank god Killary isn’t in charge of this”.