Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Going to JB Hi-fi to get a Bluetooth receiver so I can set my 5.1 system up with Bluetooth input

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Work from home day one going well, so far no one has noticed I'm outsourcing to my cat.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Megabound posted:

Work from home day one going well, so far no one has noticed I'm outsourcing to my cat.

If print { "meow" }
Then print { "meow" }

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Middle australia about to get a taste of c links legendary patience and efficiecy

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

truly insane keyboard setup, I dig it

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Now would be a good time for a steam sale.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Caesar Saladin posted:

The middle one's a calculator with a send key to put the result on my PC!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

tardwrangler posted:

Middle australia about to get a taste of c links legendary patience and efficiecy

my conversational observations about the hold music just rocketed up in social currency

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Caesar Saladin posted:

its like in seaquest dsv but even cooler somehow

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Putting my mouse on the ground so my cat plays with it and keeps me logged in.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Megabound posted:

The middle one's a calculator with a send key to put the result on my PC!

How do you find the split keyboard works for you? I've been considering one for some time as I have fairly broad shoulders

Beaucoup Haram
Jun 18, 2005

McSpergin posted:

How do you find the split keyboard works for you? I've been considering one for some time as I have fairly broad shoulders

weird flex but ok

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

McSpergin posted:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

McSpergin posted:

It took about a month to get fluent in but it's been great. Really reduced my wrist and elbow pain. I also combined it with a vertical mouse.

The hardest thing about it is getting all your layers set up how you like then forcing yourself to use them. I'm a quicker more accurate typer now with this than I was with a standard board because it forces you into good habits like actually using your home row.

The one I've got is an Ergodox which is considered the gold standard and has a really good key programming tool and the ability to store 2 re-recordable macros on separate keys. It's also open source so if you're so inclined you can buy the PCBs and other components yourself and make it as you'd like. I wish I'd gotten blank sculpted keycaps instead of the printed ones now as I never look at them any more.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
I wonder if myGov crashing is helping hear queues at centrelink

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
In yet another round of mixed messages, NSW schools are staying open but the premier has told parents to keep their kids home.

quote:

NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian says schools in the state will remain open, but has encouraged parents to keep their children at home to contain the spread of coronavirus.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-23/coronavirus-parents-told-to-keep-children-home-from-school/12079524

MyGov has crashed.

quote:

The MyGov website has crashed as Australians try to access government services like Centrelink online.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-23/mygov-website-down-centrelink-massive-queues-coronavirus/12080558

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Curb-your-enthusiam.wav

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Our school is unfortunately the sort of place that kids come to so that they are out of the house rather than being somewhere that kids come to to learn. There still seems to be a largish number of kids here today which is kinda hosed

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I'm doing plops

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Rare photo of NVJ minus his turban

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Local drive through bottle shop is staying open, pub is now closed via a mate that works there.

Well worked, the full timers are moving from the pub to the bottle shop and he’s out

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

McSpergin posted:

Yep looks like we're supposed to be working remotely according to this email from 11pm last night.

This should be interesting as I don't have the equipment to do so lmao

Um. poo poo. Do you work for the same company as me?

Email subject COVID-19 (coronavirus) email update #5 - IMPORTANT INFORMATION PLEASE READ Sun 2020-03-22 10:57

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

~Coxy posted:

Um. poo poo. Do you work for the same company as me?

Email subject COVID-19 (coronavirus) email update #5 - IMPORTANT INFORMATION PLEASE READ Sun 2020-03-22 10:57

Possibly, if you work for the federal government in southern Sydney

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Megabound posted:

ergodox buddy :hfive:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Got this yesterday:

quote:

At a glance:
• Come in to the office tomorrow, Monday 23 March
• On Monday we will brief you on our upcoming next steps

They still haven't told us anything.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Profiteering bastards

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

The correct and official videogame of the pandemic is civilisation v or vi.

1. Turn based, so you can alt tab in and out while ‘working from home’

2. Takes ages

3. afaik it’s the cruellest and most savage game of strategy that exists, to make your heart black and cold for the post-apocalyptic hellworld

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Nows the time to get my first nethack ascension

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

McSpergin posted:

Possibly, if you work for the federal government in southern Sydney

Phew. (no)

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Isaac posted:

Nows the time to get my first nethack ascension

What better time to get back into Dwarf Fortress.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

On the balcony yesterday arvo, saw an old man yelling at a 30yo woman from his car. He’s stopped at the bottom of a driveway and it’s back and forth about visibility. He says some Nono Words. He’s telling her to come closer etc and she tells him no and drives off.

Young guy across the street shouts out “you are a prick”. “Who’s a prick” old man shouts back. “You are, you prick”. Words continue and old man whips his car around to park next to where the young guy is. Words continue. “How brave are you?” The theme.

Old man hops out, advances threateningly. Young guy squares up and just 1 shot owns the old gently caress into the gutter. Bowls shirt on bitumen; sensible sunglasses in the middle of the street. Just loving sent the guy down.

Words continue - old man is stunned at what happened - “I cant believe you just hit me! I have cancer! I’m sick! You can’t hit people! I have three witnesses, I’ll go to the cops. !” He’s trying to film and sputtering.

Neighbouring balcony, top of their lungs: “you are a prick and no one is on your side”.

Lessons: people are acting out from stress. Don’t try to fight someone 25 years younger than you, or if you have cancer. Don’t say nono words. Don’t hop out the car if you’re in your sixties.

Additional lesson: bogan poo poo like street fighting can happen in the nicest suburbs. Be smart out there Ausgbs

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Went to a wholefoods kinda place in Maitland yesterday on my way home

Oh boy did they sell this for about $1.20 a litre to the local anti Vax community: 10 stage treated water

Two stages were a vortex, to "replicate natural tumbling"....okay

One stage was charcoal filtration (not actually necessary unless it has specific stuff in it)

But guys

One stage was playing happy music or something similar to the music to "re energise it"

Oh my god

Quick let's create some other extra step to sell it to hippies for $2 a litre

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

well why not posted:

On the balcony yesterday arvo, saw an old man yelling at a 30yo woman from his car. He’s stopped at the bottom of a driveway and it’s back and forth about visibility. He says some Nono Words. He’s telling her to come closer etc and she tells him no and drives off.

Young guy across the street shouts out “you are a prick”. “Who’s a prick” old man shouts back. “You are, you prick”. Words continue and old man whips his car around to park next to where the young guy is. Words continue. “How brave are you?” The theme.

Old man hops out, advances threateningly. Young guy squares up and just 1 shot owns the old gently caress into the gutter. Bowls shirt on bitumen; sensible sunglasses in the middle of the street. Just loving sent the guy down.

Words continue - old man is stunned at what happened - “I cant believe you just hit me! I have cancer! I’m sick! You can’t hit people! I have three witnesses, I’ll go to the cops. !” He’s trying to film and sputtering.

Neighbouring balcony, top of their lungs: “you are a prick and no one is on your side”.

Lessons: people are acting out from stress. Don’t try to fight someone 25 years younger than you, or if you have cancer. Don’t say nono words. Don’t hop out the car if you’re in your sixties.

Additional lesson: bogan poo poo like street fighting can happen in the nicest suburbs. Be smart out there Ausgbs

Like manna from heaven.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

What kind of stuff was the old guy yelling at the young woman?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Pretty sure he said the NVJ word at least once.

Old fucker got owned and it ruled to feel like a Roman emperor overseeing gladiators from my balcony. Thumbs up from me. Sorry about the cancer chief.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Manager just told me that he had given a priority list to IT for the WFH keys, with myself and 2 other guys I share an office with at the top of the list

Guy at the bottom of the list just got one somehow

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

well why not posted:

In the grim darkness of the near future there is only war.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

When all else fails blame it on the DDoS.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

https://www.digitalattackmap.com/

DDOS?
or
Everyone smashing torrents before the NBN shits the bed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/jasonjordan/status/1241951074648354818