Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Governors could do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

And the prisons would respond by saying "nah" and going for an injunction or whatever while they sued. And if they were in certain states and that all failed, I'm confident they'd just ignore the order. Either outright, or "there's a lot of paperwork we gotta do first."

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Governors could just commute everyone

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

euphronius posted:

Governors could just commute everyone

Why are we talking about mass transit in times of a pandemic?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

toplitzin posted:

Why are we talking about mass transit in times of a pandemic?

trying to get everyone sick ASAP to get herd immunity which retroactively immunizes all the dead, it’s the common law

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

evilweasel posted:

trying to get everyone sick ASAP to get herd immunity which retroactively immunizes all the dead, it’s the common law

Get everyone in the prisons sick, wait 1 month

Then put all the grandmas and grandpas in the prisons

Bing bing bong, so simple

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Devor posted:

Advanced boomercide ideas here

Arban
Aug 28, 2017

Devor posted:

Get everyone in the prisons sick, wait 1 month

Bing bing bong, so simple

On that note

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52000173

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
My local Stop and Shop posted up signs saying that between the hours of 6 and 8 pm only people over 60 will be allowed to shop there. Special elderly hours they call it. I don't really care but is that legal? Certainly eyebrow raising. If they want to put all the boomers together in the same primordial soup then I'm cool staying outta there honestly.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Zero VGS posted:

My local Stop and Shop posted up signs saying that between the hours of 6 and 8 pm only people over 60 will be allowed to shop there. Special elderly hours they call it. I don't really care but is that legal? Certainly eyebrow raising. If they want to put all the boomers together in the same primordial soup then I'm cool staying outta there honestly.

What state?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

In California a ton of grocery stores are doing that, and I think it's being encouraged by the state.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

joat mon posted:

What state?

Oh whup, Massachusetts. I know labor law here has over 40 as a protected class at least.

Leperflesh posted:

In California a ton of grocery stores are doing that, and I think it's being encouraged by the state.

It feels kinda hosed up if you're someone younger who has to work a normal 9-5 and can't pick up food on the way home.

edit: Oh I see, it's actually 6am to 8am in the morning, I guess that's less screwy, it's so old people can buy poo poo before us whippersnappers beat them up and steal their TP.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Mar 24, 2020

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

Oh whup, Massachusetts. I know labor law here has over 40 as a protected class at least.

It feels kinda hosed up if you're someone younger who has to work a normal 9-5 and can't pick up food on the way home.

In CA they're making the first hour of being open the old-people hours, like 8-9AM or something, and the idea is to make sure not all the just stocked products have been hoarded before the old people get a chance at them... although I think that's better done with per-customer limits on items.
e.g.,
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/03/17/coronavirus-shopping-stores-introduce-time-for-vulnerable-elderly-pregnant/5074064002/

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Probably the cleanest the store will be also

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

With regard to public accommodations (e.g., store customers) neither Massachusetts nor the Federal government treat age as a protected class. So in this case the elderly hour is both legal and moral.

e: California hasn't made age a protected class for public accommodations either.

joat mon fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Mar 24, 2020

Doctor Party
Jan 3, 2004

Doctor Party Woohoo!
I think the other big reason is that old people are dramatically more effected by the disease than younger people. Not necessarily that they get it more often but they have serious consequences from it more often. So by having a specific time for them to be there it limits their exposure to the general population. (Any study showing infection rate will be way skewed because asymptomatic people won't tend to get tested when those dying will...so younger people who tend to get it but do not get seriously ill from it will always be under represented in data sets.) Also as someone mentioned the store is it's cleanest early. They also have an ability to get items they probably actually need before the hoarders raid through.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
I love how even in the twilight of their lives boomers are demanding to be catered to and finding a way to be coddled, destroying the economy and loving everybody younger than them out of their jobs and houses and investments yet again, like it wasn’t enough to have set the world on an irreversible path toward annihilation—they wanted to do it while they were still alive, one last time to gently caress the rest of us over before checking out of this mortal coil forever

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Phil Moscowitz posted:

I love how even in the twilight of their lives boomers are demanding to be catered to and finding a way to be coddled, destroying the economy and loving everybody younger than them out of their jobs and houses and investments yet again, like it wasn’t enough to have set the world on an irreversible path toward annihilation—they wanted to do it while they were still alive, one last time to gently caress the rest of us over before checking out of this mortal coil forever

thank you sir, we'll have somebody bring your order out to you in 5 minutes.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Louisgod posted:

thank you sir, we'll have somebody bring your order out to you in 5 minutes.

Thanks. Make sure your man double bags, the last time he didn’t double bag and the bottom near fell out

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Thanks. Make sure your man double bags, the last time he didn’t double bag and the bottom near fell out

Forty years I been asking permission to piss. I can’t squeeze a drop without say-so.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I tried to get a 90 day supply (3 pills) of my penis pills today but they said they didn’t have any in stock and didn’t know when they’d be resupplied is it possible for me to sue Walgreens over this?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What are your damages ?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Have you not seen his AV?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Birds don’t have hair or ??? Thumbs??? So I immediately dismissed it

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

euphronius posted:

Birds don’t have hair or ??? Thumbs??? So I immediately dismissed it

Whoa whoa whoa, are you licensed to practice bird law??

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

euphronius posted:

What are your damages ?

Tiny, microscopic even

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
Basically they are dick all

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

bird with big dick posted:

I tried to get a 90 day supply (3 pills) of my penis pills today but they said they didn’t have any in stock and didn’t know when they’d be resupplied is it possible for me to sue Walgreens over this?

No, under the de minimis non curat lex doctrine.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

evilweasel posted:

No, under the de minimis non curat lex doctrine.

But see Johnson v. United States, 469 U.S. 111 (dicta)

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Cf. Wang v. Yoni, 420 U.S. 69 (2008)

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
penis

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

nice

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
Well my roommate wrote me a letter in the third person saying he was looking for another place to live, but noted twice this did not constitute notice of intent to vacate. So I guess I don't have to evict him.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

homullus posted:

But see Johnson v. United States, 469 U.S. 111 (dicta)

You may think you're a cunning linguist, buttressing your argument with dicta, but it's a phallusy.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Just want to say that I love how the Italian equivalent of the word “gently caress” is cazzo

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

pseudanonymous posted:

Well my roommate wrote me a letter in the third person saying he was looking for another place to live, but noted twice this did not constitute notice of intent to vacate. So I guess I don't have to evict him.

Write him a letter in the third person titled 'Notice of non-intention to evict' saying you're looking for another tenant, but note twice this does not constitute notice of intent to evict.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Outrail posted:

Write him a letter in the third person titled 'Notice of non-intention to evict' saying you're looking for another tenant, but note twice this does not constitute notice of intent to evict.

I'm not going to replace him. I just don't want to deal with his poo poo anymore.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Just want to say that I love how the Italian equivalent of the word “gently caress” is cazzo

Fun fact: I'm 46% sure it has something to do with where my Italian last name came from.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

blarzgh posted:

Fun fact: I'm 46% sure it has something to do with where my Italian last name came from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt3gcSyL5vg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
I know this was asked already but I can't find it, what's the course of action when your company falsely claims your job is vital, despite not actually being classified as vital? Also, can companies really force you to use sick time when the company is shut down?