Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

joe buck calling a game winning TD in over time that sends the packers to the super bowl:

"RODGERS.....ADAMS..........TOUCHDOWN"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Ehud posted:

joe buck calling a game winning TD in over time that sends the packers to the super bowl:

He must have a dozen calls exactly like this

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The Vikings Kaesum to Diggs winner call was amazing.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

nerve posted:

He must have a dozen calls exactly like this

Dozen? Hundreds.

Joe Buck is still absolute garbage and having improved from "garbage on fire" to "garbage" does not make him worthy of forgiveness. Every game he commentates is a crime against sports.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Marbula 1 guy should honestly get a shot

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

K8.0 posted:

Dozen? Hundreds.

Joe Buck is still absolute garbage and having improved from "garbage on fire" to "garbage" does not make him worthy of forgiveness. Every game he commentates is a crime against sports.

Nah

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Ches Neckbeard posted:

They've beaten down Romo's exuberance to

“You’re the most popular broadcaster since Madden. Here’s a $20 million a year contract. Now, the thing that makes you so popular? Stop doing that.”

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ehud posted:

To be fair, Pat Summerall was also known for stuff like that. The difference was, he was paired with Madden, and it was amazing. Buck is paired with Aikman, who I don't dislike as much as a lot of other goons, but it's two :geno: guys instead of :geno: and :kingsley:, and Aikman has definitely gotten worse over the years.

Now I miss Madden/Summerall :smith:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I'd rather have the deadpan guy than the guy who gets excited over literally everything.

You dont need to explode over a 2 yard run up the middle, Gus Johnson

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Is there an announcer that everyone agrees is awful? Witten was but he’s gone now. Booger?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kornheiser

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is there an announcer that everyone agrees is awful? Witten was but he’s gone now. Booger?

Dan Dierdorf.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Collinsworth

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Booger’s gone, right?

Phil Simms was the worst I ever heard. Aikman is the worst now that Simms and Booger are gone, but basically every commentator besides Romo is bad.

It probably bears repeating that this is because of the producers.

The last time I enjoyed listening to Collinsworth was the end of SB49, when he was apoplectic over The Worst Play Call Ever and saying exactly what everyone was thinking. “If I lose the Super Bowl because Marshawn Lynch couldn’t get two yards in three tries, SO BE IT!”

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Mar 23, 2020

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
19 seconds

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Kalli posted:

Dan Dierdorf.

Will agree with that and from the older days from NBA land Bill Walton.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Collinsworth is great when not sloppily felating Pit and NE. Just have him call NFC games.

I hate Fouts.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
I'm gonna say it now, New England is being smart.Don't get cute, don't try to pay or acquire a competent quarterback.Just play hard and give yourself a chance to get Trevor Lawrence.
Almost like they are being Clever for Trevor.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

chilihead posted:

I'm gonna say it now, New England is being smart.Don't get cute, don't try to pay or acquire a competent quarterback.Just play hard and give yourself a chance to get Trevor Lawrence.
Almost like they are being Clever for Trevor.

There is no way the Pats are drafting #1 overall next year

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

What the gently caress

Bill Walton is a treasure

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Colostomy Bag posted:

You don't deserve good announcing if you think Walton is bad

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Notice I said older days.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

chilihead posted:

Clever for Trevor
:discourse:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Speaking of announcers, let us remember the 2019 season & the greatest call that brought TFF together...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6PdZob719k

EDIT: Is anybody having trouble playing embedded YouTube videos? I'm using Chrome on my Macbook Air.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Doesnt help that Watt is dong like the 10 most overdone impressions, and poorly at that

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Ehud posted:

There is no way the Pats are drafting #1 overall next year

They have a stupid hard schedule but the team is too good to be 0-16

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

One of the greatest calls was the 2009 Raiders pigeon being the gunner on the kickoff.

Cirrhosis Johnson
Jan 9, 2014
Jason Witten was the worst announcer by a long shot.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

One of the greatest calls was the 2009 Raiders pigeon being the gunner on the kickoff.

Agreed. The replay of it was amazing.

Its 2nd probably only to the live call of the cat on the field during the Cowboys game.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Colostomy Bag posted:

Notice I said older days.

Nah, he was still great.

"Throw it down, big man!"

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Cris Collinsworth is one if the worst monsters in world history.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Who's that one white linebacker announcer that wears glasses? He's okay if a little spergy at times

couldn't even push the play button if you must know. i mean i could if i wanted to I just don't want to

Eifert Posting posted:

Collinsworth is great when not sloppily felating Pit and NE. Just have him call NFC games.

I hate Fouts.

Collingsworth is awful, I'm okay with Fouts, but I have grown to HATE Charles Davis. Originally I actually liked him, it just took a while listening to him calling games before you realize he says the same loving poo poo ALL the time and it's all nonsensical cliches.

They have him do the commentary on Madden, which I'm pretty sure is purposeful because he repeats himself so often in real life; when you hear it in the game over and over it doesn't sound as jarring

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The Patriots are shaping up to finally have a real :siren: LOST SEASON :siren: in 2020 along with everyone else, due to COVID-19 :zombie:

But seriously, the roster is borderline terrible on offense no matter who they end up sticking under center, and they have no cap space in 2020 to try to apply any quick fixes. The defense will still be good, but it's aging and they lost Shelton, Collins and Van Noy already. Belichick won't deliberately tank, but I'll be surprised if they do much better than .500.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Codependent Poster posted:

Nah, he was still great.

"Throw it down, big man!"

Yeah yeah ok, hell it was a couple decades ago and I was younger and more dumb so mea culpa. In this time of crisis, I beg forgiveness.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

sean10mm posted:

The Patriots are shaping up to finally have a real :siren: LOST SEASON :siren: in 2020 along with everyone else, due to COVID-19 :zombie:

But seriously, the roster is borderline terrible on offense no matter who they end up sticking under center, and they have no cap space in 2020 to try to apply any quick fixes. The defense will still be good, but it's aging and they lost Shelton, Collins and Van Noy already. Belichick won't deliberately tank, but I'll be surprised if they do much better than .500.

It's not a lost season when you aren't wasting a year of great talent. Also, Belichick may have done enough tanking with his roster moves. They won't go 0-16 but they have the hardest schedule in the league and IDK how bad the worst team will be.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Lol

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1242155178662510601?s=19

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

not the panthers qb many expected

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
https://twitter.com/deshaunwatson/status/1242111461159297024

ahhhhhhh

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ehud posted:

I'm fine with minimalism during calls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Spoeank posted:

not the panthers qb many expected

What the gently caress? Why does Washington need/want another QB?