Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Coronavirus / Fortnite crossover confirmed

Edit: Doge tax

Retrowave Joe fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Mar 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'm beyond caring at this point and the onyl thing I regret is making my last stand on Mr Bones Wild Ride

the ride never ends

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Ah yes 15 days is certainly enough time for this virus which has rapidly mutated multiple times already to tucker itself out

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
We were on "day 7" yesterday, so just about half way there!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

What 15 day period is he on about?

It was a Fox News livetweet.

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1242031624193298433?s=19

I'd analyze it more, but it's really as simple as that. The only "positive" is that deaths are set to spike this week, so the spiking numbers will change minds.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

shame on an IGA posted:

I just want to say god drat that is a great username

Thank you my dude.

Unrelated note: getting a little alarmed at how much "is the cure worse than the disease" talk I'm hearing regarding what we're doing to the economy. A lot of poo poo like "flu kills a lot of people and we don't ruin the economy over it." type poo poo. And not just from CHUDS. If our social distancing started in time to avoid an Italy type situation (and I'm not sure that it did) expect this type of talk to get much louder and more annoying.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Thank you my dude.

Unrelated note: getting a little alarmed at how much "is the cure worse than the disease" talk I'm hearing regarding what we're doing to the economy. A lot of poo poo like "flu kills a lot of people and we don't ruin the economy over it." type poo poo. And not just from CHUDS. If our social distancing started in time to avoid an Italy type situation (and I'm not sure that it did) expect this type of talk to get much louder and more annoying.

We got our first case the same day as South Korea. Italy is a best case scenario for parts of the USA right now.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

I've always heard it was belt buckle. Which, let's be honest, seems way worse and crueler. I'd put in big letters on my chest "aim here please". No sense in suffering too much yknow

I was going to say LBE but didn't want to keep dating myself.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What's an LBE? The belt buckle thing is the go to in the milhist thread

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's an LBE? The belt buckle thing is the go to in the milhist thread

Load bearing drywall equipment, iirc.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Load Bearing Equipment

It was the vest and whatnot they used before everybody had a plate carrier to attach their pouches to

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Internet Wizard posted:

Load Bearing Equipment

It was the vest and whatnot they used before everybody had a plate carrier to attach their pouches to

It was the Y-suspenders and pistol belt that everyone used before the plate carrier.

You're thinking of the LBV.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
https://twitter.com/FindChaos/status/1241651975206379520?s=20

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

SimonCat posted:

It was the Y-suspenders and pistol belt that everyone used before the plate carrier.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Mar 23, 2020

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

SimonCat posted:

There she is!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Thank you my dude.

I mean, there will be a point at which the damage to the economy will be shortening lifespans more than the virus but it's not 15 days.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

an economic downturn shortens lifespans only because we let people without insurance just die

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eYcWpgCb7o

if you havent watched the big short (or read it, book is fantastic too) its worth watching

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/michaeljackson/status/1241914242225209344

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eYcWpgCb7o

if you havent watched the big short (or read it, book is fantastic too) its worth watching

Have had that scene burned into my memory since watching it and it's basically been on a loop these past two weeks. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Also, watched Vice last night. Good but not as good as this was.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/travis_view/status/1242083334148075520?s=19

At least we can count on Q followers to still be wacky for us.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
You’d think he’d tell them not to drink blood since it’s a liquid, but their brains are full of worms so “don’t eat blood” is clearly what the surgeon general wants us to do.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

These duck blood sausages won’t eat themselves though

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Michigan just went on a state wide shutdown at midnight tonight, for three weeks. I work at Walgreens and she's a residential aide at a care home for the mentally handicapped. We're still going to work!

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
https://abc7news.com/6038813/?ex_cid=TA_KGO_FB&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

Extremist groups encourage members to spread coronavirus to police, Jews: FBI alert

quote:

NEW YORK -- Extremist groups, including neo-Nazis and other white supremacist groups, have encouraged members to spread COVID-19 to police officers and Jews, according to an FBI report obtained by ABC News.

"Members of extremist groups are encouraging one another to spread the virus, if contracted, through bodily fluids and personal interactions," according to the alert issued by the FBI's New York office Thursday.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
JHU updated their tracker which now shows US cases on the county level. It's pretty unsettling to see the degree to which this has spread beyond the big cities. Mississippi, the state whose governor just wants to pray the whole thing away despite being poor, mostly rural, and next to one of the major US outbreak centers, looks like it has the loving chicken pox.

You can also see hot spots developing in rural places - Colorado ski country, random counties in the middle of nowhere with 10+ cases (Blaine County, ID or Beadle County, SD as examples), and Navajo/Coconino counties in AZ (encompassing numerous Native American reservations).

Started watching Pandemic on Netflix the other night and seeing this makes me think of the first episode, where they focused on a rural hospital which only had a few rooms and a single doctor working multi-day shifts. This all feels very not good.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/1242110900821086208

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/i/status/1241933290170449920

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
New York had more new cases yesterday than my entire country had over the whole weekend. :stare:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

This would be the stupidest goddamn thing he could possibly do.

Good odds say it happens within a day :smith:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

New York had more new cases yesterday than my entire country had over the whole weekend. :stare:

Considering Cuomo went on CNN begging anyone who had a ventilator to bring it to NYC in their own car, I think NYC can be effectively called "hosed"

Like, "disaster movie curse" hosed.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

DO IT YOU FAT BITCH

Your base isn't going to learn any lessons unless they get hurt really bad, and then it will only stick temporarily.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

I’m surprised Trump doesn’t hold being credible with journalists against him.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Trump's base is so immersed in toxic tribalism nothing will make anything stick. At this stage it is how do we mitigate the damage to the rest of the nation that he does, and considering the firewall is the DNC I'm just going to hope and prayer this one

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Coronavirus maps are starting to look like the end of War Games.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Casimir Radon posted:

DO IT YOU FAT BITCH

Your base isn't going to learn any lessons unless they get hurt really bad, and then it will only stick temporarily.

Hospitals collapsing in urban centers and thousands and thousands more dying will only prove that liberal sanctuary cities are disease ridden cesspools and his base will cheer their deaths.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I still get grim amusement that that cruise ship gets its own line on all the charts.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Navajo Nation is closed off to outsiders. This happened on 3/11 FYI
https://navajonationparks.org/public-notice/

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

That Works posted:

Hospitals collapsing in urban centers and thousands and thousands more dying will only prove that liberal sanctuary cities are disease ridden cesspools and his base will cheer their deaths.

Rural areas with poo poo health infrastructure will get clobbered just as bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That Works posted:

Guess what'll happen to rural hospitals where the doctor is also the town barber