Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yep, apparently you can find more villagers after the 3 are moved in, but till then just get money and start projects around your island

What projects I like projects LET ME DO THE PROJECTS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

jfc the museum is amazing

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I just found a rusted part in the recycle box, anyone know what it's used for? It looks like one of Gulliver's parts, but I got all his parts for him.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Not a Children posted:

What projects I like projects LET ME DO THE PROJECTS

i think they meant like, just do your own projects like make an outdoor plaza and stuff

Can you eventually get paths and stuff? I wanna make walkways!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh poo poo I didn't notice I was a Raccoon Goon

I requested a tag, but it didn't look like it was noticed. Ah well :shobon:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
If you're looking for the low point in the stalk market, my town is buying at 64 bells. I'm sure it gets much lower but it dips pretty low

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

My town is buying at 42. Don't get too greedy or you might get stuck with that on a Saturday

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Work commences today on Isla Ringo's Apple Orchard, one full sector dedicated to delicious Ringo Apples, grown cage-free.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Don't forget stalk market prices change at noon.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Do we have any idea of what the highest could be? In NL it used to hit near or above 800, but with this game and not having access to storage space for the 'nips, I'd imagine it could be a lot lower.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

LODGE NORTH posted:

Do we have any idea of what the highest could be? In NL it used to hit near or above 800, but with this game and not having access to storage space for the 'nips, I'd imagine it could be a lot lower.

I read that it was between 50 and 150, but maybe that was the selling price from Daisy Mae, especially since someone just mentioned their town buying them at 42.

Ah, I remember being a Bellionnaire from the stalk market :allears:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Sooo maybe buying turnips at 105 was a bad idea. I’ll report back.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Anyone have a rose of each color they're willing to trade for peaches? Or i can make an extra head piece of the cute DIY rose crown I just got. I need an excuse to visit people!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I don't have any roses, sorry, but the nook tourism board demands that I shill my island at 1N6B4

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

man nurse posted:

Sooo maybe buying turnips at 105 was a bad idea. I’ll report back.
I wouldn't worry about it, just like in real life number goes down until it goes up (and then goes down again). Whether you get it at 90 or 110 just determines how big your profit margin will be

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

LODGE NORTH posted:

I've seen screenshots on Reddit around 335 so if that's any indication it seems unchanged to me, but they could have capped it lower this time. Only time will tell, I guess :shrug:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Dang, knew I was pushing it with so many exciting mornings in a row. Today is just the second mystery villagers I made houses for moving in. Guess tomorrow is the same and the next day will be when next town upgrade goes down.

Also, sad news: If you make wishes inm a friend's town, you don't get the shooting star prize.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Hoooooly poo poo the hot item of the day is a simple workbench. I crafted like 50 of them and I’m filthy rich now.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How do you get more flowers, it seems that you can only transplant existing ones

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

How do you get more flowers, it seems that you can only transplant existing ones
If you water them they spread, and breed if they're next to other flowers.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

people complaining about the price of an island ticket and i'm sittin over here all smug on my 55k miles :smug:

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Buy flower seeds from the disgusting capitalist raccoons.

Or,

homeless snail posted:

If you water them they spread, and breed if they're next to other flowers.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
Has anyone seen any square black glasses with clear lenses?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

jimmydalad posted:

It took 1-2 hours of resource gathering (curse you hardwood), but my mini island project is finished! I know it has no use but I really enjoy the look of it and the idea of my residents having meals there and everything. It's all so cute :3

I my goodness. I love this! :neckbeard: This is just the kind of thing I want to do with my island! When you have the capability, (maybe even right now?!) you should lay down some patterns (or paths?) inside the fence to make it look like an outdoor patio. I'm rubbish at making patterns or I would suggest something specific. Maybe some nice gray cobblestone or something? Anyway it looks great and I love it.

Adding my +1 to "Omg the museum is incredible!" count. It's amazing. It's beautiful! I love it so much! Aaaaa I love this game!

And lastly, what I actually came here to post: I opened my gates for awhile last night just to let people come and go. Didn't advertise it cuz I din't want things to get toooo crazy. Had some folks come over and it was a good times. Got some nice messages on my bulletin board, somebody left me a wrapped present behind my house, and I got a super nice note with a present attached. :3: Ya'll are cool people. Thanks for hanging out!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Why is the Candy Octopus villager named Zucker? Either way, happy to have him!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I just got my house done, but can't find the museum guy. Been passing the controller around with friends in the building. It's possible someone got rid of his tent before I could place it.

Am I hosed?

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Khanstant posted:

Why is the Candy Octopus villager named Zucker? Either way, happy to have him!

I just looked him up and I'm pretty sure he's takoyaki, which means I absolutely must have him

compounded daily
Mar 29, 2007

:buddy:
Fun Shoe
I'm getting 73 bells per turnip today. This is a great reminder of why I never futzed with the stalk market in any of the other games. No matter how low I bought 'em, they never seemed to get any higher. If any of y'all are getting hella bells, don't hold out! I'll tip ya :)

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

compounded daily posted:

I'm getting 73 bells per turnip today. This is a great reminder of why I never futzed with the stalk market in any of the other games. No matter how low I bought 'em, they never seemed to get any higher. If any of y'all are getting hella bells, don't hold out! I'll tip ya :)

i mean you have all week twice a day for it to go up up up!

mine are 50 right now

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I had put a house right near mine for a specific villager to move in but someone I didn't even really want moved there instead. how do I change where someone lives

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

IronicDongz posted:

I had put a house right near mine for a specific villager to move in but someone I didn't even really want moved there instead. how do I change where someone lives

After the three villagers move in Nook will upgrade Resident Services. Once he does you can move any villager home or shop except Resident Services for 50k

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm so far behind :negative: I didn't know about the things required to open the museum and open the store so now I'm not going to have either of those until tomorrow. Everyone's island is cooler than mine forever

Also, how long does it take for a villager to move in after you meet them on an island and invite them?

compounded daily
Mar 29, 2007

:buddy:
Fun Shoe

queeb posted:

i mean you have all week twice a day for it to go up up up!

mine are 50 right now

I'm a big impatient baby

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Harrow posted:

I'm so far behind :negative: I didn't know about the things required to open the museum and open the store so now I'm not going to have either of those until tomorrow. Everyone's island is cooler than mine forever

Also, how long does it take for a villager to move in after you meet them on an island and invite them?

It'll take a few days since you need to spawn a little quest from Tom Nook to build 3 houses at once.

Note it will require a substantial amount of crafting (18 furniture items)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oh hey treasure hunts are back from the original game but uh....

https://twitter.com/mmmossy/status/1242115182253371394

:effort: (ignore me digging up the shovel)

Also my prize...

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Are wasps an RNG? That is to say, if I'm feeling masochistic and shake every tree with a net in my hand am I guaranteed to see all the wasps I'm going to see for that day?

Or is it more like well I shook the tree but I only rolled below 5 so it didn't appear THIS TIME

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
is there still a gem rock like acnl?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I believe one thing you need to do for progression is buy a bunch from Mabel when she appears in the plaza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Martytoof posted:

Are wasps an RNG? That is to say, if I'm feeling masochistic and shake every tree with a net in my hand am I guaranteed to see all the wasps I'm going to see for that day?

Or is it more like well I shook the tree but I only rolled below 5 so it didn't appear THIS TIME

No, they spawn in specific trees and once your island is cleaned out you're safe for the rest of the day

Mad Wack posted:

is there still a gem rock like acnl?

No, looks like gems were removed since we have a new way to customize furniture