Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
bought at 106 yesterday, my price is 126 now

part of me wants to offload this right now for guaranteed profit, but it's not like i'm super hurting for bells right now

decisions!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Got a pizza oven recipe, some outdoor table recipes, and a brick wall recipe. Time to make an outdoor pizza bistro :3:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Color Printer posted:

I believe one thing you need to do for progression is buy a bunch from Mabel when she appears in the plaza

Good to know. Mabel's initial offerings were all horrendously ugly but I'll throw some bells her way.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Zore posted:

No, they spawn in specific trees and once your island is cleaned out you're safe for the rest of the day

Sorry I guess what I meant is, is shaking a tree which the game has placed a wasp in guaranteed to get it to come out at the first shake, or is there still an element of chance.

Thank for the clarity on random chance though!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Electric Phantasm posted:

I just found a rusted part in the recycle box, anyone know what it's used for? It looks like one of Gulliver's parts, but I got all his parts for him.

Crafting stuff. I know there's a recipe for a giant robot that takes 30 of them

Martytoof posted:

Sorry I guess what I meant is, is shaking a tree which the game has placed a wasp in guaranteed to get it to come out at the first shake, or is there still an element of chance.

Thank for the clarity on random chance though!

Yeah, they always drop on the first shake/axe chop

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Has anyone picked up ant of the ironwood furniture DIYs? The kit you get from Nooks Cranny weirdly only gives you the kitchenette which requires two other pieces of furniture to make

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im gonna leave my island open for bit, i got peaches, a handful of bamboo trees i havnt axed today, and 112 turnip price in case you bought really cheap and dont want to risk trying to find a high price

ill be afk sitting at my house so i wont be around to say hi but if anyone wants to drop off some apples that would be amazing. or just have a look around the museum or whatever

1BLN8

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
I was shaking all the trees on my island yesterday for sticks and wood and only had 2 wasps and this time I caught them twice. I felt like a pro.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i've shaken every tree 3 days in a row and have gotten no wasps

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I bought a bunch from Mabel, hopefully she'll be back some day this week and ask to build a shop.

Still no luck with a sturgeon, but I DID get my Coelacanth.

Oh, and I have Saharah today. Looks like she has a random flooring and wallpaper for sale, along with area rugs of three sizes. She gives you tickets for every 1k in area rugs you get and when you get 5 you can get a random wall or floor. Only one of each, but you can get 3 different area rugs, a floor and wall, then the rare ones from the tickets. Not too bad.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Mar 23, 2020

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Is there really no way to hang custom wallpaper without covering the windows lol

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Macaluso posted:

Is there really no way to hang custom wallpaper without covering the windows lol

It's weird having wallpaper affect your windows.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The way we all did turnips last time was whenever anyone in the thread got a good price (600-800) they'd post in the thread and open their gates and we'd all stream in, sell them all, and then leave tips for the host. Almost without fail someone in the thread hit a good price at some point during the week.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Oh dang, that's why my house looked weird when I changed the wallpaper up. Didn't even realize it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Are there anymore customization workshops after the first? It's annoying that some furniture have variants, but you can't customize those pieces to get them or order them from the catalogue unless you already got them.

Like I can't customize this cardboard box and I can't get the orange variant unless Timmy and Tommy have it or I get it from somewhere else.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Electric Phantasm posted:

Are there anymore customization workshops after the first? It's annoying that some furniture have variants, but you can't customize those pieces to get them or order them from the catalogue unless you already got them.

Like I can't customize this cardboard box and I can't get the orange variant unless Timmy and Tommy have it or I get it from somewhere else.

I think the interesting thing about this is that we can customize the items we DIY, but for other furniture items you have to find the variants in stores because it's like a "manufacturer variant". I think it's pretty cool to be honest

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

some stuff you buy does have some customisation options

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Color Printer posted:

I believe one thing you need to do for progression is buy a bunch from Mabel when she appears in the plaza
How much? Is it number of items or Bells spent, and is there also a "days passed" component? I am more than willing to throw away my money but I gotta know what I'm aiming for.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

oh my godddddd the loving museum :swoon:

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Stux posted:

some stuff you buy does have some customisation options

Yeah, sometimes. Other times the alternates aren't available to me in the catalog until I find that piece of furniture. It's a fun mix imo

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Don't bother donating this fossil to the museum.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Turnips are 132 here at the moment if anyone wants to hop in and sell them if that still works.

Dodo code is BKGJB

I’ll be AFK so I’ll just be sitting on a bench somewhere clapping or something

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Casu Marzu posted:

oh my godddddd the loving museum :swoon:

I absolutely adore the fossil section. It actually feels like a real, modern museum!

Also I'm having way too much fun with custom patterns. And crafting. And designing my island. And basically everything. One of my starting islanders is a dumb fitness crocodile and he's such a good bro!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I need help with the AC Pattern Tool export. I have put a design in there using the image upload and when I try and read the QR code on the switch app on my phone it gives me a 3999 Error. The editor has this note:
"You can't just type in your own name and town to make a pattern editable on your console. There is some "invisible" data attached to it that cannot be entered by hand. Use the below copy/load buttons to first "copy" your name/town from one of your own patterns, and then "load" it onto any other pattern and it should become editable for you in-game! The copied author information is stored into your browser, so it'll be there for your future visits as well."

How do I take a custom pattern from inside my switch game and upload it to my laptop so I can do this c/p of the invisible data? The AC Patterns site is useful but has a lot of unexplained confusing poo poo going on in it.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Why aren't my villagers teaching me how to react :'( I got Harvey's island, the museum is built, 3 new villagers are about to move in, and yet my character is unable to express joy.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I need help with the AC Pattern Tool export. I have put a design in there using the image upload and when I try and read the QR code on the switch app on my phone it gives me a 3999 Error. The editor has this note:
"You can't just type in your own name and town to make a pattern editable on your console. There is some "invisible" data attached to it that cannot be entered by hand. Use the below copy/load buttons to first "copy" your name/town from one of your own patterns, and then "load" it onto any other pattern and it should become editable for you in-game! The copied author information is stored into your browser, so it'll be there for your future visits as well."

How do I take a custom pattern from inside my switch game and upload it to my laptop so I can do this c/p of the invisible data? The AC Patterns site is useful but has a lot of unexplained confusing poo poo going on in it.

I think it was made for New Leaf, so you might have to scan the QR into your copy of New leaf, then port it over to New Horizons using the app on your phone.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Ok, apparently if I just change the name and city name to "a" (no quotation marks) then the Switch app can scan the QR Code successfully. Now how do I get the pattern into my actual game? :confused:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Ok, apparently if I just change the name and city name to "a" (no quotation marks) then the Switch app can scan the QR Code successfully. Now how do I get the pattern into my actual game? :confused:

Load up your in game pattern app and hit the + button.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

hopeandjoy posted:

Load up your in game pattern app and hit the + button.

:doh: Thanks!

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

DACK FAYDEN posted:

How much? Is it number of items or Bells spent, and is there also a "days passed" component? I am more than willing to throw away my money but I gotta know what I'm aiming for.

At least 5 items and at least 5,000 bells spent, seems like

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I bought turnips for 103, which was a little high? I don't know. Sold them at 126 so I still turned a little profit.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Catching wasps is really easy, and I'm not sure why people are saying if you don't have your net out when the nest falls you're boned, I've caught 3 wasps that way

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Johnny Truant posted:

Catching wasps is really easy, and I'm not sure why people are saying if you don't have your net out when the nest falls you're boned, I've caught 3 wasps that way

I've never been able to. If I switch to the net from something else the wasps will sting before I can even swing it

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I just have my net out and shake from the front.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Khanstant posted:

Why is the Candy Octopus villager named Zucker? Either way, happy to have him!

It's German for sugar and sounds like sucker? :shrug:

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I've never been able to. If I switch to the net from something else the wasps will sting before I can even swing it

Yeah, I'm too slow for it. I could see it working if you run off, and hot swap items, but there's no way you can do it using the item ring.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I saw someone have Turnip prices at 622. Don't sell yet

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

mutata posted:

The way we all did turnips last time was whenever anyone in the thread got a good price (600-800) they'd post in the thread and open their gates and we'd all stream in, sell them all, and then leave tips for the host. Almost without fail someone in the thread hit a good price at some point during the week.

100% this. Do not panic sell your turnips on Monday. There will be many opportunities to, at minimum, make a little money. Someone almost always has a high price throughout the week though. Seems the consensus on Twitter is do not sell under 500.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

hatty posted:

Turnips are 132 here at the moment if anyone wants to hop in and sell them if that still works.

Dodo code is BKGJB

I’ll be AFK so I’ll just be sitting on a bench somewhere clapping or something

Its raining in your town and I caught 2 Coelancanths in a row.

Thank you!

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD WHAT DID I JUST CATCH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Anyone have the dimensions for all the shops and museum? Trying to plot out some land in advance.